Hoop DDR to close in Jan/Feb 07?

Prof Ecks

Original Poster
I just heard from Pam at KK that she couldn't get reservations to the HDD for my January 07 trip to the world. The CM she spoke to thought is was going to be dark during that time. Anyone have any information on this before I decide on replacing the HDD with another show/dinner?

thanks
PE

Japhy

I hope not! We had a great time a few weeks ago and I think it still sells quite well. Not an empty chair when we were there.

Chape19714

I would highly doubt that HDD would be closing. It's still a very popular show. If anything, it may be a computer glitch because of the new system Disney is switching to, or the theatre may just need some routine maitnance.

slappy magoo

Being that it is such a popular show, isn't it possible that it's just sold out?

If not, I'd vote for maintenance or theater refurb/upgrades. January is a slow month for tourism, usually one water park or the other is closed then, too, I believe. If they needed to close down to do any work on the venue, that'd be the month to do it. Besides, it might not even be that it's closed for a month, it might only be closed for a week, but it happens to coincide with the week you are going. Small consolation if you really want to see the show, but no reason for anyone to read anything ominous into it. I say use that money to have 2 character dinners.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
At some point they change ressie policy to make the window end in Dec 2006. You used to be able to book 2 years out.

Since then, nothing beyond Dec 2006 has been relleased for any of the 3 dinner shows (Hoop, Aloha, and Mickey's BBQ).

I think they'll get around to it, eventually.

Where are we with the standard 180 day window?

Prof Ecks

Original Poster
Thanks mousemerf. That is useful information. If my vacation is Jan 1-7, 2007, I think it must be around the cusp of the 180 day mark give or take a couple of weeks.

Prf X

Mystic

The booking policy for the dinner shows has now been changed to match that of all dinning reservations. Dinner shows can no longer be booked more than 180 days in advance of your reservation. You now have to book HDDR at the same time you make all your other dinning plans.

Prof Ecks

Original Poster
Ok but FYI- Kingdom Konsultants was able to make all my other dining reservations, except for the HDD. So, it looks like the dinner shows maybe on another schedule which than everything else. However, KK's suggested that the Cast member they spoke to said the HDD was going to be "dark" for January and February. If so, I am trying to get confirmation of the fact.

thanks

Invero

Here's the thing... Most regular dining can be booked 190 days out. It's supposed to be 180, but resort guests get that extra 10 days.

Dinner shows are strictly 180 days. That could be why other dining locations could be booked, but not Hoop.

Dagger

Not sure about 190...I had to wait until exactly 180 days when I made them in the beginning of June for my Dec. trip and at that time I was able to book my regular ADRs and my HDDR ADR

Invero

It depends on who's booking it. Technically speaking, it's 180 days from the start of your reservation, plus the first 10 days of your stay.

Debbie

Invero said:
It depends on who's booking it. Technically speaking, it's 180 days from the start of your reservation, plus the first 10 days of your stay.

And how have you been Tyler? I haven't seen you around in a while :wave:
Hope life is good for you :)

MickeyTigg

Prof Ecks said:
Ok but FYI- Kingdom Konsultants was able to make all my other dining reservations, except for the HDD. So, it looks like the dinner shows maybe on another schedule which than everything else. However, KK's suggested that the Cast member they spoke to said the HDD was going to be "dark" for January and February. If so, I am trying to get confirmation of the fact.

Whether a restaurant shows up on any of the templates that the reservation people see is dependent on the restaurant mangement. It's possible that the management of Pioneer Hall may have been lax in getting the templates in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom