Honeypot: Complaints about the Skyliner/Gondola; also worries and insecurities

Brad Bishop

I find it a bit odd how closely the gondolas are followed. On the scale of 1-10 in neatness it registers about a 5. Yeah, they're building gondolas. It'll be mildly more interesting than buses.

Expanding the Monorail to more resorts and parks? Yep, I'd get the excitement there.

Really what it feels like is that because Disney hasn't done much of anything in this department (other than add buses), ANYTHING more than a bus suddenly becomes an exciting topic. You have the same thing in the Tomorrowland thread. Disney is painting things and that is now exciting.

It's a bit like having a wife deny a man sex for 10 years and then, one day, she holds he's hand and can't get enough of it, all the while not realizing, "Yeah, but you should have been having sex for the last decade!" To him, though, the hand holding is exciting!

That's where it feels like we are with Disney. If you want YouTube videos on Disney you get up to the minute bits on them putting another nut on a bolt.

When I look at it I think:
- It doesn't connect any two things I'll likely be wanting to travel between.
- If I were at one of these things and wanted to get to one of the destinations on the gondola, I'd be a bit concerned about multi-point travel - having to get out, and then get back into another line to board another gondola to continue my journey.
- It would have made more sense to put the gondola station at the entrance to Epcot to connect with the Monorail - at least then it starts becoming part of the overall system. (granted, a stop over by Crescent Lake is kind of nice if you want to get out)
- For the most part, what you're going to see while riding it is going to be a whole lot of boring. The trip on the Monorail between the TTC and Epcot is boring. The trip on the gondolas slightly above woods, ditches, and the backlot or parking lot isn't going to be much better.
- The Monorail was about the future of transportation. The gondolas are about Disney looking for a cheaper way to do things.

They're not "bad".. They're actually kind of good. I just don't think they deserve the hype they're getting and the only reason they're getting that is: Disney is building something new!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney Gondolas. Day 1

3578A02800000578-3649770-image-a-127_1466401861308.jpg

Kingoglow

So where do all the farts go?
Seriously though, there are a lot of... unfamiliar... smells coming from guests of WDW. Being stuck in a tin box, heated by the sun with someone who... say wears perfume (in 2019 no less!), or doesn't regularly bath, eats a lot of onions, ate too much sausage in the Germany pavilion, gassy or whatever... the gondolas will quickly lose that new box smell.

ImperfectPixie

So where do all the farts go?
Seriously though, there are a lot of... unfamiliar... smells coming from guests of WDW. Being stuck in a tin box, heated by the sun with someone who... say wears perfume (in 2019 no less!), or doesn't regularly bath, eats a lot of onions, ate too much sausage in the Germany pavilion, gassy or whatever... the gondolas will quickly lose that new box smell.
Disney needs to install signs on the resort doors so you see them on the way out of your room: "DID YOU SHOWER THIS MORNING? Please remember to keep all bodily odors away from attractions."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom