Trip Report Honeymoon in Disneyland!!

Hey all! I know I'm starting this a day early, but technically we're on our honeymoon already, just haven't left on the trip yet.
If anyone is wondering, we had a small, courthouse ceremony. We didn't see a point in making it all a big deal really. And all my wife asked of me was, Can we do it on Halloween? And can I have a black dress?
Both of which I agreed to. Why not right? ;)
.facebook_1414859160405.jpg

(just a cute pic of me and the Mrs. after the ceremony)
Today we're going to have our reception, which we made a costume party too! (I'm going to be a Sith Lord) :D

Then we leave early tomorrow to take our 7 hour flight from Cleveland to LAX!
And I can't even start to explain how excited I am to go! I've been to WDW 8 times in my life, but never went out to see the original.
So I'm sure I'm going to be comparing anything and everything for the next week, but thats probably pretty normal. Especially since I just went to WDW a few months ago. (or was it a lifetime ago? it sure feels like it!)

I have two extra phone batteries, and two wireless chargers that I'm going to carry with me all week, so I shouldn't have a problem with keeping my phone running. I just need to remember to tell you guys everything!

Well, thats what I got so far, I'll put some more up in the morning. I got a long flight and a wifi pass on the plane, so I'll be on here roaming the forums between netflix movies.

Talk to you soon!

P.S. Thank you to everyone that sent congrats and well wishes! My wife and I appreciate every single one of them!!!

Steve1005

Original Poster
Of course IASW is down, so we're headed back to our last ride on Haunted Mansion and maybe one last shot at Pirates too.
Gonna check and see about Small World onemore time before we go though.

Steve1005

Original Poster
Well, we're all done here. Now for the horrible flight home and the time xhange that was so nice when coming here, now makes our 1pm flight get back to Cleveland at 11:30pm. Ech...

This was an absolutely amazing trip, and I'm glad that at a Disney addict like I am, that I was able to experience this park finally.

There was quite a bit here that I said that should be at WDW, (Pirates, Haunted Mansion Holiday, World of Color) just to name a few, but there was also alot of times that I said the things at WDW were better too.

Even though I kept looking at things from my daughters eyes to determine which park would win the head to head battle, my final assessment really comes down to my bottom line.

The flights cost about the same for me on both trips this year. Which would technically mean the flight here was the better deal since I flew across the country instead of 3 hours south, but I'm still going to consider it a wash since I had layovers this time so that was a factor in that price.

Now remember this is just one man's opinion, but this is where WDW takes it for me.

Transportation at WDW is free for one, and you get hit with the Disney right at the airport, right on a waiting bus to your resort, and has cartoons on your way there. Waiting over an hour for our bus that we paid 30$ a head for and not feeling sucked into the world of Disney just wasn't right to me.

Disney dining. Best investment ever IMO and its not offered here. You shoyld never go 10+ hours at these parks without eating and we certainly did that. Things are a tad more expensive out here compared to what some of us that book on a budget deal with, so when you pay out of pocket instead of having those meals set up already, it kind of makes you more likely to skip it during the day.

Park tickets. They need to up the options here. Only offer 1-5 day ticket plans. We all know that WDW just gets cheaper by the day and will gladly add extra days for you at any time. I would have really liked to have more park time, but it just wasn't doable for me to pay for my 5 day and add another 2-3 days on top of that because the discount wasn't there. If they did things like how they do at WDW I'd probably have planned our trip to squeeze two more park days in.
And honestly, that was my kicker.
Because I paid almost the same for what I did here for 5 days as what I paid for 8 in WDW in February. Both were during a down time, and I know theres more factors than that, but I just couldn't feel like the bang for my buck was all there this week. I'm also sure someone will address a point or two that I missed as well, but the final line is, my next Disney trip will be to WDW. I personally love getting lost in the world around you and having the constant reminder wherever you were that you were in Disney. From the second you cross under the banner welcoming you to Walt Disney World till you go back under it the other way you feel that. While you get all the nostalgia here, I just lost that feeling every night when we walked out.

I'm also not saying that this will be my only trip here either. While I didn't like it as much as WDW, I still loved it. And I know my daughter is getting the same way I am with her Disney obsession, so it may be quite a few years away, but I'll be here again. I still need to see Walt's apartment. I need to get my daughter to see World of Color. There's alot. So I'll grace these hallowed walls again. Probably a few more times. I got lots of time left on this planet. Theres enough Disney to go around. :)

Ariel1986

Great report- I enjoyed following along! :) And your thoughts are very similar to mine when we visited earlier this year- Disneyland is great, and I'd enjoy going again, but it isn't WDW.

Steve1005

Original Poster
@Tiggertoo56 @Ariel1986 thank you both!!! It was really fun doing the trip report and finally feeling what it was like on the other side of the report for once. :)
It might be a while, but I hope to do it again.
I've already been bouncing ideas off of the wife to go down to WDW early October 2016 for an anniversary/daughters birthday/wife's birthday/Halloween trip. :)

Steve1005

Original Poster
@coachwnh @KathyJetson thank you guys!! I really hope that trip wull be doable as well. I think that next summer we're going to try and do Universal Orlando for a couple days. All my Disney stuff, I kind of owe my daughter and wife their time to obsess over Harry Potter world..... I guess. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom