Honeymoon! Flight cancelled, flights re-booked! 2nd flight now cancelled!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Posted on Thursday about our flight being cancelled to get from the UK for our honeymoon.............

Everything got changed to this Sunday and all was good for a while!

Our 2nd flight has now been canceleed so we don't even know if we will make it to WDW!

Basically, really, really peed off and upset! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wdwwdeagle

This is heartbreaking! I'm so sorry.

If it's any consolation, my BFF was on a plane on the tarmac to leave Denver for Boston (Cape Cod), when the 9/11 strikes occurred. Needless to say, she wasn't able to fly out. She and her hubby ended up going somewhere within driving distance for their honeymoon, and had a wonderful time. Then, they went to Cape Cod for their one-year anniversary, so it was like having 2 honeymoons!

Maybe you'll get to do something similar??? Hmmm, drive to Paris this week (such a romantic city!), and come to WDW next spring?

evergreen

I'm sorry to hear that! Good luck! And thank god for travel insurance...

that depends on which insurance company

some of the big boys or gangsters would be more fitting, have declared that the insurance policies don't include Volcanic disruption and are so far unwilling to guarantee any cover/payout

M & S have come out and assured their customers that they will re-imburse all clients any monies lost for cancelled holidays,accomodation etc

I'm sure alot of insurance companies don't cover acts of god but I may be wrong.

I agree though that it must be really frustrating not knowing if you're coming or going.

miles1

Posted on Thursday about our flight being cancelled to get from the UK for our honeymoon.............

Everything got changed to this Sunday and all was good for a while!

Our 2nd flight has now been canceleed so we don't even know if we will make it to WDW!

Basically, really, really peed off and upset! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wow. This must really stink and I really feel badly for you. I hope you have understanding employers that will let you take another holiday in the near future. How is Disney handling your arrangements with them?

I have to say I've seen a number of Brits being interviewed at airports both here in the US and in the UK. You all act so maturely and philosophically about being stuck. Some have just said they'll wait it out with a book in their hotel, another group laughed it off and decided to go visit the monuments in D.C. again.

Most folks here in the US would be jumping up and down, screaming, and threatening to sue the airline, Iceland, and even God. Apparently Brits know how to make lemonade better than we do.

Wow. This must really stink and I really feel badly for you. I hope you have understanding employers that will let you take another holiday in the near future. How is Disney handling your arrangements with them?

I have to say I've seen a number of Brits being interviewed at airports both here in the US and in the UK. You all act so maturely and philosophically about being stuck. Some have just said they'll wait it out with a book in their hotel, another group laughed it off and decided to go visit the monuments in D.C. again.

Most folks here in the US would be jumping up and down, screaming, and threatening to sue the airline, Iceland, and even God. Apparently Brits know how to make lemonade better than we do.

See I think for us, it's not bad when we're still in the US, but it's different if we're trying to fly out there and getting delayed. The annoying thing is these delays have already been going on for two days.

foreverbelle

How heartbreaking it must be. I am sorry to hear this, but I agree with a lot of people you guys over there seem so much more calmer than we would take it. But it doesn't make it any easier. The best I can do is say hang in there, and think, you are married, your with the one you love and this is just a hiccup....

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
That's terrible news. You must be feeling like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLo3fIvSPng

Hope your trip gets sorted soon.

That is pretty funny!

Thanks for all your wishes, I don't actually feel to bad today but when we found out last night it was pretty depressing!

It could be worse............. We will speak with our agent tommorow and we are going to aim for thursday if they can change our plans!

3rd time lucky!! :wave:

DisneyMusician2

Do ANY travel insurance policies cover an event such as this :confused: Duckberg :brick:

Most reputable travel insurance does. If you bought your insurance direct from Disney, it certainly does. This is listed in the Travel Guard policy, Trip Cancellation covered reasons paragraph, section f.

(f)Inclement Weather or the occurrence of a Natural Disaster that causes a complete cessation of travel transportation services at the point of departure and/or Destination .

Trip delay at $200 a day is also covered.

DizneyPryncess

Oh gosh - this is very sad to hear. I'm so sorry. Your honeymoon is supposed to be a relaxing time for you. I hope you're able to get there on the 3rd try! :)

kashmir

Posted on Thursday about our flight being cancelled

Again I'd like to compliment you - you have excellent coping skills and will do just fine, although I understand your frustration and angst!

My honeymoon had been cancelled also, and we drove 100 miles away and still had the time of our lives BEING MARRIED!
:wave:
I agree that an anniversary trip to Disney would be just as magical and a great way to get an anniversary trip in if you should not be able to get here this time.

I"M PRAYING YOU GET GOOD NEWS THIS TIME THOUGH!! Bless you two!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Oh, that really stinks. I'm sorry... :(

Though it's little consolation now, I'm sure this will be a great story to tell many years down the road when you're still happily married with kids/grandkids. :eek:

Keep us posted!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Thanks again to you all..........

BUT
:cry:
The final blow came today when they have said we cannot go til a week today (Monday) and they can't rearrange plans we have and want us to pay extra to do less!

So no trip, no idea when we will be able to come.......:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom