Honey, I Shrunk The Audience Refurb

TroyMcClure

Frankly, I'd rather see a different attraction when that part of the Imagination pavillion re-opens.

That thing's gotten soooo old.

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
slight exaggeration...and September is the off season...

Yes its also the "Off Season" for people who have paid a lot of money to enjoy these rides. I havnt got a problem with rehabs, refurbs etc as I realise they have to be done but to have the following rides closed during september is excessive
Magic Kingdom
  • Astro Orbiter: Closed for Refurbishment [September 9, 2007 to September 22, 2007]
  • Donald's Boat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 18, 2007]
  • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 17, 2007 to September 20, 2007]
  • Pooh's Playful Spot: Closed for Refurbishment [September 16, 2007 to September 20, 2007]
  • The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [September 1, 2007 to September 12, 2007]
Epcot
Spaceship Earth: Closed for Refurbishment [September 1, 2007toSeptember 30, 2007]

Not including the Forthcomming HISTA Refurb and the Wonders of Life Pavilion

MGM Studios
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 30, 2007]

GymLeaderPhil

Oh no - this is horrible. I planned my entire Disney vacation around Donald's Boat and Pooh Playful Spot... Disney goes and wrecks my perfect vacation! Now I hear that Honey I Shrunk the Audience will also be receiving a refurbishment and I want to scream since I spent all the money to see an 1994 Eric Idle in 3D. Answer me this Disney: How will you fill my Rick Moranis quota this trip? That's right they won't.

ROEFan88

Oh no - this is horrible. I planned my entire Disney vacation around Donald's Boat and Pooh Playful Spot... Disney goes and wrecks my perfect vacation! Now I hear that Honey I Shrunk the Audience will also be receiving a refurbishment and I want to scream since I spent all the money to see an 1994 Eric Idle in 3D. Answer me this Disney: How will you fill my Rick Moranis quota this trip? That's right they won't.

:drevil: :) :lol: :ROFLOL: :eek:

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster

this is my first visit to Orlando and More importantly Walt Disney World in over 9 years. Sure If I went every year or every other year I wouldnt be that bothred But Im not that fortunate, Hence the reason why Im dissapointed.

JWG

Ok, a lot of those MK closures don't overlap or only overlap by a day two.

You won't miss ALL of those attractions. HM is up before two are even down. 2 are only down a week (and if that's the week you're there, then that does stink), and others come back online early in that week.

No way you can miss all of those. And if your trip is centered around Pooh's Playground (even with small children) - not the right vacation destination.

angelfaerie52

I am glad Rock n Roller Coaster is going down... it broke on me right after the launch. We got to roll backwards down the loop hill. I never knew it was 90 degrees straight up until now.

Also, the first ride breakdown someone yelled at me for taking pictures. I have them anyway, because she didn't know I took most of them before anyone came to get us.

Beauty_Belle

If a major rehab is coming to the entire Imagination pavillion, why would they refurb HISTA? Does this mean the pavillion is getting put on the back burner? I'm all for a little sprucing up now and then but just curious if they are going to close it, why now?

bgraham34

At least the Riverboat opens up when I get there. My Mother in Law will be happy about that. HISTA I dont really care about, i dont really need to see that attraction everytime i go to the world.

ToTBellHop

I am glad Rock n Roller Coaster is going down... it broke on me right after the launch. We got to roll backwards down the loop hill. I never knew it was 90 degrees straight up until now.

Also, the first ride breakdown someone yelled at me for taking pictures. I have them anyway, because she didn't know I took most of them before anyone came to get us.
most inversions, at some point, are "90 degrees straight up." I would bet most of them even go all the way upside-down.

Darren, summer guests (high season) had to deal with two E-tickets being closed this summer, so the fact that you may have to deal with 3 (but more than likely only two unless your vacation begins after the 4th and ends before the 12th) during a season when you pay far less per night for a hotel room than folks pay during peak seasons is not all that outrageous. Unless your visit is only 4 days long, two of those refurbishments don't really affect you, which leaves Donalds Boat and the Astro Orbiter...nothing to lose sleep over. I don't even know why you list Wonders of Life--it has almost never been open in years and is now officially closed.

Capt. Jack

Its true. Why would you want it NOT to be true. ALL WDW attractions needs refurbs now and then.:shrug:

Though I must agree, some or most of the rides may need a touch up, its sorta ridiculous how most of them are gonna be closed all at once (sorta).

- Haunted Mansion
- Spaceship Earth
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Rock & Roller Coaster

Anyone else wanna add to this list?

ThinkTink721

O.K., that's it...I'm not going now!
J/K :D

Is it true that the closing date for HISTA 9/10? :veryconfu
If so, we could still see the show on the evening of 9/8 (our day of arrival).
:wave:

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
Though I must agree, some or most of the rides may need a touch up, its sorta ridiculous how most of them are gonna be closed all at once (sorta).

- Haunted Mansion
- Spaceship Earth
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Rock & Roller Coaster

Anyone else wanna add to this list?

Thats my point exactly

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
Darren, summer guests (high season) had to deal with two E-tickets being closed this summer, so the fact that you may have to deal with 3 (but more than likely only two unless your vacation begins after the 4th and ends before the 12th) during a season when you pay far less per night for a hotel room than folks pay during peak seasons is not all that outrageous. Unless your visit is only 4 days long, two of those refurbishments don't really affect you, which leaves Donalds Boat and the Astro Orbiter...nothing to lose sleep over. I don't even know why you list Wonders of Life--it has almost never been open in years and is now officially closed.

I understand that. but dont you think as a whole, this year has been excessive with refurbs etc? I have a 5 day pass for Disney world but understandably I do want to go to other parks in the Orlando Area. So Realistically I can only go to a park once (and see everything and not rushing around)
I know Wonders Of Life is usually closed for most of the year but it is still part of Epcot regardless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom