Honey I Shrunk the Audience just sucks!

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Honey I Shrunk the Audience just sucks!

Originally posted by JesusJuice
Could you please stop slamming attractions that people actually enjoy! I mean you have the right to your opinion but to keep assuming that everyone feels the same way as you is ignorant. BTW you hate Ellen's ride but you love Michael Jackson's.....:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Firstly I was joking about Captain E0.

Secondly, we're not talking about UOE in here, but rather HISTA.

Also, we do have our opinions. I don't want everyone to view my opinion the same way. I don't think I had one problem with any of the others that have disagreed with me.

If you don't like debating it, please hit "back".

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Honey I Shrunk the Audience just sucks!

Could you please stop slamming attractions that people actually enjoy! I mean you have the right to your opinion but to keep assuming that everyone feels the same way as you is ignorant. BTW you hate Ellen's ride but you love Michael Jackson's.....:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

also I really dont think saying "Ok, slam me, I don't care. I think this attraction is just way outdated with Philharmagic and Muppet vision 3D. Bring back CAPTAIN EO! " in any ways implies that I am forcing anyone to see it the way I do. i stated my opinion. Isnt that what you said is ok? :hammer:

Sloan

time for an update

I guess that now that I've seen Philharmagic & Bugs Life, Honey! does seem even more outdated (though I'll admit it was not a favorite in the first place). It's time for an update there - I know, because it has stopped drawing me back, while I keep returning to the others ...

MeTa

When I was there a few weeks ago, the mouse effect and the snake effect were taken out. You could still see it on the screen but the blowers that hit you to create the effect did nothing.

Don't know if I just got a fluke showing, can anyone else confirm??

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Originally posted by MeTa
When I was there a few weeks ago, the mouse effect and the snake effect were taken out. You could still see it on the screen but the blowers that hit you to create the effect did nothing.

Don't know if I just got a fluke showing, can anyone else confirm??
Oh god if they took those out the attraction might as well be demolished....

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
the show

Oh god if they took those out the attraction might as well be demolished....

I just didnt think the 3D effects were as good as many of the new shows. I dont mean the water and air blowing, I mean like the actual effect of the 3D. Also the pre-show is just a Kodak commercial. I feel they should make it more subtle. That's ok Kodak. disney doesnt want to rumble the ralationship of the sponsor, but Kodak should be more subtle.

surfsupdon

I actually still heavily enjoy Honey/Audience. It's funny and fast paced and is a nice addition to the Honey... series. It makes me smile and has a fairly swift pace in line. I enjoy the theater pickup effect and the rumbling seats. It's very convincing and neat. I do, however, regret the fact that Amy is not featured in the video b/c I had a crush on her in the original movie, despite the fact that she was like 10 years my senior. It would have been a complete reunion with her. That's the only true fault I can see.

MuppetVision is horrible, I don't get it and it feels so outdated effects wise.

Bugs Life is still the ultimate 3D show.

PhilharMagic was in the middle somewhere, behind HISTA yet before Muppets.

And the Kodak preshow had me laughing out loud. It was quite funny and very reminiscent of childhood fun.

no2apprentice

The first and only time I saw Captain EO, I laughed so hard I had tears. Wacko Jacko as a transformed super space jockey? Pah-leese! And the speaker system was so loud we could barely understand the dialogue.

HISTA is becoming a little dusty around the corners...after all, the film is 15 years old.

MeTa

Hows this, a Captain EO remake with a new actor/singer or whatever made with the newer technology. Make it a sequel but incorporate the old one to keep the nostalgia.

brisem

If you go to Philamagic and Bugs Life before HISTA and Muppets, you can tell it's time for HISTA and Muppets to go.

Disney2002

Originally posted by brisem
If you go to Philamagic and Bugs Life before HISTA and Muppets, you can tell it's time for HISTA and Muppets to go.

Which is exactly why I plan to present them to my boyfriend, who has never seen any of the four, in the following order...

HISTA
Muppets
Bugs
Philharmagic

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Hey now, don't be hatin' on HISTA. :lol:

Even though it's old, I still take the time to see it most of the time while on a trip. Its effects when it first debuted were great and now are copied on other 3-D attractions. It also has a great storyline and a good score, which some 3D attractions somewhat lack. Sure, it could use an update in effects, but I think it has some lasting power and is one of the great 3D films Disney has ever created (behind MuppetVision 3D, of course). :)

ToTBellHop

I think Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is a fun show and I still laugh during it, but I just don't think the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids franchise is really...existant...anymore. The movies came out when I was a young kid, so today's kids probably don't remember it very well. As for Muppets...I LOVE Muppets! It's the least high tech 3D show, but the preshow is hilarious as is the main show...makes me laugh hysterically every time! Honey, I Shrunk the Audience can't really go anywhere now, though...the entire ride next door is based upon it!

StuntDoomBuggy

True, The Honey I Franchise Is Old, But It's Something Everyone Knows And Remember.. Compared To Flubber.. But Still, Take It Out!

Captain EO Idea: Captain AI! American Idol Stars Sing In 3d! lol!

PS: Had Disney Ever Thought Of HD3D? High Definition Could Be The 4th D! If I Remember, Muppets Looked Fuzzy Last Time I Saw It (no pun intended..)

GenerationX

The storyline for HISTA holds my attention, and the effect with the logo early on in the show is cool. It's not a spectacular show; it's just kinda meh ... except for the pre-show, which is more painful than a root canal. And less entertaining.

It's Tough to be a Bug and Mickey's Philharmagic are far more entertaining and have much better 3D effects. In addition, the Muppets are still the funniest attraction in all of WDW.

HISTA = Worst of Disney's 3Ds.

Seaweed

I agree with part of what Disneyfan89 said. Honey I Shrunk the Audience isnt the same without the "True Colors" montage before..

Does it seems wierd to think that I actually almost cry at that whole montage? It is just.. so beautiful.

I do still like the show though. It maybe kinda kiddy and a little out of date, but it is fun! I love listning to the tourists (yes, I am an Orlando-ian) scream at the rats and stuff!! :)

Seaweed

diddy_mouse

yeah i've got to agree that the new preshow for HISTA sucks big time...and when you thought it was over...the thing just kept on going. the "true colors" one was the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom