Holy Smokes! Flurries in Disney?

moonchild

Original Poster
I usually check the weather everyday for Disney. Wow, is it ever cold there ! They are saying flurries for tonight! and I thought it was cold here. Hopefully cold enough here in Philly to shake up Tampa!

E- A -G- L -E -S Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Maria

What is a flurry? :confused: If it means being really cold, I do believe it! It went below zero (Celsius, 32 F) with an awful windchill one night I was out at Universal at the end of January 99. It does get cold in Orlando! bbbrrrr!

(the only flurry I know is the McFlurry! :lol: )

GaryT977

I was in grade school in Miami the year it snowed. Our fascist teacher wouldn't let us get up and go to the window for a look. It melted as soon as it hit the ground anyway.

At least they won't have to use the fake snow at MGM! ;)

wed050499

Hey all,

coming from buffalo, we have a completely different definition of flurry. a flurry for us is anytime the snow doesn't pile up to over 2-3 inches. But then again, that's just us. :D

Brian

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wed050499
Hey all,

coming from buffalo, we have a completely different definition of flurry. a flurry for us is anytime the snow doesn't pile up to over 2-3 inches. But then again, that's just us. :D

Brian

Same here :lol: A flurry is still "shovel worthy" sometimes :lol:

Oh...and weather update... Boston weather - 9 degrees!!! :sohappy: (it's finally over 8!!!)

wed050499

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Same here :lol: A flurry is still "shovel worthy" sometimes :lol:

Oh...and weather update... Boston weather - 9 degrees!!! :sohappy: (it's finally over 8!!!)

You're having quite the heat wave there, we're getting lucky this week to get above 5 degrees.

WDWspider

We are at 40 but the wind chill makes it feel like 33.

:zipit:

I'm going Swimming this afternoon.

Oh, and Maria... McFlurry. :lol: :lol: :animwink:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Hey all,

Brian

:lol: I had never really thought about that before! Maybe it is just us! When I hear flurries on the forcast it doesn't set panic in like the dreaded words LAKE EFFECT SNOW! But then I'm in ski country. :lol:

BRER STITCH

Hey all,

Brian

In fact.....
I'm on my way out to shovel my 8 hours of overnight "flurries" right now!

D'OH!

:hammer: :brick: :hammer: :brick:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
In fact.....
I'm on my way out to shovel my 8 hours of overnight "flurries" right now!

D'OH!

:hammer: :brick: :hammer: :brick:

well, having 4 arms should help... :)

Bobster

9 degress? 5 degrees? Ha!

It's 12:55 PM and it's currently -10 (but -21 with the wind-chill) here in Montreal. Tonight, it will actually be -21 ... I don't dare imagine what that will be like with the wind-chill.

Disregard previous info (metric units). In °F it will only be -9 tonight.

Herbie53

Premium Member
Hey all,

Brian

It's been awhile since we've been lucky enough to have "just flurries." The snow here is almost waist deep right now (which is not unusual). Here's a picture

Attachments

• cnxt0511.jpg
    cnxt0511.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 57

Maria

We are in the 20°´s F now. Unusually cold for us. I´m not sure how it is with the windchill but I can only tell you it was COLD. It´s very humid here and it was really chilly. Saturday had the lowest temp. I think with 11°C. Bbrrrr! :animwink:

...but it´s nice to have a change in temps for a while, and a good chance for me to wear the pile of sweaters I have accumulated! hehehe... :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom