Holy Smokes! Flurries in Disney?

celticdog

Originally posted by Herbie53
It's been awhile since we've been lucky enough to have "just flurries." The snow here is almost waist deep right now (which is not unusual). Here's a picture

I love the nine foot icicles hanging off the house. They add just the right touch of flair.

To quote a movie: "Ralphie, those icicles have been known to kill people!!" , A Christmas Story.

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by Bobster
9 degress? 5 degrees? Ha!

It's 12:55 PM and it's currently -10 (but -21 with the wind-chill) here in Montreal. Tonight, it will actually be -21 ... I don't dare imagine what that will be like with the wind-chill.

Disregard previous info (metric units). In °F it will only be -9 tonight.

Hi Bobster, i am from montreal too , and we were supposed to go this week end and after talking to my mum we are going to wait a little bit, maybe it'll go back up a few degrees in a few weeks; but then who am i kidding !:lol:

castlecake2.0

In Toronto it is supposed to go dowm to -18ºC tonight with the windchill -30ºC

WAY TOO COLD!

Oh well, its the price you have to pay to live up here!

-Tyler:king:

GaryT977

It's pics and posts like these that make me appreciate living in South Florida. :D

It's supposed to get to the upper 50's tonight. I'm still drivin with the windows down (and the heater on) baby! :cool:

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by GaryT977
It's pics and posts like these that make me appreciate living in South Florida. :D

It's supposed to get to the upper 50's tonight. I'm still drivin with the windows down (and the heater on) baby! :cool:

I hate you

:lol:

Actually, we could use a bit of snow up here in Minnesota. We haven't had any all winter (well, none that actually stayed around..)

dreamer

I've always thought of flurries as individual snowflakes floating aimlessly around.

When they start moving in the same direction with some apparent purpose, I call it snowing -- even if it is very light. I don't know if that's technically correct, though.

It's similar to the difference between drizzle and rain.

What I don't get is when did we change from "snow" and "rain" to "snow showers" and "rain showers?" How I wish those anuhl retentives on the weather channel would just say "SNOW" or "RAIN" and quit polluting our language with useless babble.

"Let it snow shower, let it snow shower, let it snow shower.":hurl:

Dizparks

We are suppose to get a few flurries here in St. Louis Wednesday. But last week they said we would get about 8 inches but we barely got a dusting :lol:. You really have to love those weathermen right :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom