Holy Flight Prices

coltow

I need to fly Boston to Orlando on 8/25. When I first booked trip flights were around $150, now that I need to book them they are at $285!!!

After much airline searching my mom said "look at Southwest from Manchester (NH)" which is about 1hr 15mn away. Their prices weren't much different. Then for what ever reason checked the day before. HOLY MOLY found flights for $140! After booking a room only reservation (so not to lose free dining) I still saved about $430. Who woud have thought I could go a day early and save that much $??? :sohappy:

captainkidd

It's all on what day you fly. I'm going in January from Boston, and flight to leave on the weekend are $220 each way, but during the week are only $140 each way.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

I find flying home from Orlando to Kansas City much cheaper on a Mon than Sun, so we are staying the extra day. Might as well spend it at Disney if you can than paying more on an airline ticket.

Upvote 0

Xethos

Like the other person said, its all the day of the week, and the time of the day. see if you can leave at a different time to save a few bucks. I'm lucky I guess, I rarely pay much more then $140 from JFK to MCO. (just checked Jet Blue, its $128 to go on a monday)

Upvote 0

switts

I find that tuesdays seem to be some of the cheapest rates that ive seen. I just booked a wednesday to sunday in June flying out of manchester for 300. the next day the flights jump up 50$

Upvote 0

fosse76

It's not just day of the week. Airline prices are completely out of control at the moment. I have rarely ever paid more than $230 round trip from New York to Orlando, and now, no matter what dates I look for, I can't get anything for less than $350. Of course, the further away the trip is, the cheaper it is. But still, it isn't much better.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I booked Southwest Aug 31st returning Sept 5th. From West Palm Beach Fl to Manchester Airport. Then were driving to Maine to see MIL. $126. each way and free luggage! First time flying into Manchester. Its got to be better than the hassel in Boston, and a lot cheaper than Portland ME.! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

I need to fly Boston to Orlando on 8/25. When I first booked trip flights were around $150, now that I need to book them they are at $285!!!

After much airline searching my mom said "look at Southwest from Manchester (NH)" which is about 1hr 15mn away. Their prices weren't much different. Then for what ever reason checked the day before. HOLY MOLY found flights for $140! After booking a room only reservation (so not to lose free dining) I still saved about $430. Who woud have thought I could go a day early and save that much $??? :sohappy:

Oh I get it!! We booked for August as soon as the Southwest airfare came out and paid for a family of four $1,100 now its up to $1,900 !! Yeah crazy and it changes everyday! Now thats from providence..Boston was actaully more for us..Go figure!

Upvote 0

Disney05

I'm having that same problem out of Long Island for Aug 1st. I actually bought return airfare at a reasonable price. But going down has been way more expensive than we have ever paid. It's actually cheaper for us to fly into Baltimore, stay on the plane and leave to MCO from there. Southwest hasn't even had any reasonable DINGS!

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

Like the other person said, its all the day of the week, and the time of the day. see if you can leave at a different time to save a few bucks. I'm lucky I guess, I rarely pay much more then $140 from JFK to MCO. (just checked Jet Blue, its $128 to go on a monday)

Are we talking one way?

I almost always fly Jetblue out of JFK. Never had a roundtrip fare under $200. I paid $220 to leave this coming monday r/t MCO.

I have never seen a r/t flight at or near $128 no matter what day or time of year.

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

It's not just day of the week. Airline prices are completely out of control at the moment. I have rarely ever paid more than $230 round trip from New York to Orlando, and now, no matter what dates I look for, I can't get anything for less than $350. Of course, the further away the trip is, the cheaper it is. But still, it isn't much better.

Not necessarily true. Keep checking the prices. They fluctuate often, even close to the date. It's all minute by minute checking. You can get a good deal.

Upvote 0

luv

If you attempt to understand the pricing, you'll go nuts. Don't bother.

Generally speaking (not rules here)...

Flights in and out of bigger cities (e.g. New York, Chicago) will be cheaper.

For Orlando, Tues, Wed, thurs are frequently cheapest. Business people fly a lot on Mon and Fri. Tourists fly a lot on weekends.

As the travel date approaches, flights into Orlando tend to go up.

But there really are no sure ways to book the best deal.

Prices can go up anytime. I once waited one day for a friend to check something before committing...the price went up $300/person that night.

Upvote 0

coltow

Original Poster
I'm 15mns from Boston airport so never really thought about Manchester until other people told me how great it was and Southwest was def cheap enough for me to give it a try. I never would have thought that going a day early could save me THAT much $

Upvote 0

bsmartin2000

I booked flights for Nov out of Portland Me and they cost me $375 plus I have to pay for baggage! I also have to drive 5 hours to get to this airport or it would have cost me over $500 at Bangor ME!!! Would love to get some of the prices that have been quoted here!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom