Hollywood Studios expansion news!

KCheatle

I wasn't really sure how seriously to take her reply...until she put the Big Grin emoticon on the end. Anytime people use emoticons, that indicates something serious is just about to come around the corner:eek:...just my take:cool:

Note: since it's difficult to infer tone in a blog post, you should assume all of mine are sarcastic until noted otherwise.

mitchk

Believe me or not ...we are getting a cars land, maybe not all of the attractions at dca, but lma will be gone as well as tblt eventually .

cba

Yes, I WILL be watching the blog for updates. It's obvious that this woman has something up her sleeve.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I do not portray myself as an insider. I have insider in my screenname, but not once have I said I was an insider. I do have knowledge about Disney and what is currently going on in some areas. However, I do not work at Disney nor do I want to.

An "Insider" doesn't have to work at Disney, they just have to have inside information that is not available to the general public. A number of the trusted insiders here do not work for Disney.

Pixiedustmaker

Hill's believing we're getting both Racers and the Monsters Inc coaster and have the Pixar Place expansion stay general. Also, consideration for a Tim Burton event for Halloween season next year at the studios that functions as a Halloween version of Star Wars Weekends.

Jim Hill was just recycling rumors . . . probably the ones posted on this message board:

"And then when you factor in that the back half of Disney's Hollywood Studios is reportedly about to become a construction site. What with all of those persistent rumors that this theme park's Pixar Place section will soon be doubling in size with the construction of that long-delayed Monsters, Inc. -themed coaster as well as a WDW version of DCA's super-popular Radiator Springs Racers attraction."

DHS is bound by a highway on one side, unsuitable land on the other, the parking lot, and then Fantasmic and a waterway on the other. Disney's own plans for expansion for DHS involve expanding across World Drive, a proposition they acknowledge would be expensive. Given that DHS pulls in about 10 million guests a year . . . numbers that DCA could only dream about before Carsland/BVS, there isn't the same motivating force to "fix" DHS.

Disney has talked about expansion opportunities for Epcot and AK as being more feasible. Not at all surprised that Avatarland was announced and that it is just speculation about Carsland.

Also, Carsland is Lasseter's baby, he wants it to be faithful to Radiator Springs, can't see a half-version being built anywhere.

Can't see them building both a Monsters Inc. coaster and Carsland, space issues aside, would they shutdown 1/3 of this park for three years to do two massive construction projects? Remember, Carsland was built on a parking lot, and BVS utilized previous constructed buildings that were cheap in the first place. The rest of DCA stayed open for business, sans the Sunshine Plaza strip mall.

menamechris

Can't see them building both a Monsters Inc. coaster and Carsland, space issues aside, would they shutdown 1/3 of this park for three years to do two massive construction projects? Remember, Carsland was built on a parking lot, and BVS utilized previous constructed buildings that were cheap in the first place. The rest of DCA stayed open for business, sans the Sunshine Plaza strip mall.

With the attendance trends happening in Orlando? Yes.

Omegadiz

I just truely wouldn't understand bringin cars land to dhs. Not only because of the previously mentioned fact that its Lasseter's baby, but you also have to remember that Test Track is just across the lake with the same technology that is getting refurbished. It would just seem uncreative on Disney's part. If you can't bring RSR, and Luigi's flying tires has terrible capacity, I highly doubt a big deal would be made about opening Mater's Junkyard Jamboree...but then again, there was a conference about benches

CaptainShortty

I don't buy it as more than a cover up. They would never say, "no, nothing new is coming" so they say, "keep watching" just to have people like all of us posting and thinking and waiting that something new is going to happen.

I hope something is coming soon, but I'm not buying this as any news.

SyracuseOrange

Hill's believing we're getting both Racers and the Monsters Inc coaster and have the Pixar Place expansion stay general. Also, consideration for a Tim Burton event for Halloween season next year at the studios that functions as a Halloween version of Star Wars Weekends.

Is there a link to anything about this? That sounds awesome.

Edit: Never mind, found it. Here for anyone else curious.

DisneyDaniel

I am not an insider but all the evidence points to Cars Land coming to DHS. The executive in charge of Cars Land in California being reassigned to Florida. All the talk from mutiple inside sources. The delay in Avatar Land coming to AK. Hyperion Wharf and Downtown Disney expansion being delayed. Once Fantasyland expansion is opened I would think they would announce something in January/February. I think they'll get started on construction rather soon. If it was all bunk the Disney Social Media Manager would have shot it down. She knows we know that's why we got this :) !

doctornick

I just truely wouldn't understand bringin cars land to dhs. Not only because of the previously mentioned fact that its Lasseter's baby, but you also have to remember that Test Track is just across the lake with the same technology that is getting refurbished. It would just seem uncreative on Disney's part.

Yeah, because when I was riding RSR I kept on thinking "this is no different than riding on TT". Or maybe I wasn't, because they are completely different rides despite using the same ride system.

Do people go on Buzz and say "man, I just did this ride over at the Haunted Mansion"?

There's lots of reasons to suspect that RSR (or any of Carsland) isn't coming to Florida. Having the same ride system as TT is extremely far down on the list, in the category of "virtually irrelevant".

bubbles1812

I heard from a secret source they were to announce Hollywood and Vine is going to serve real food and undergo a thourough cleaning
Now that would be a miracle. I've had good Disney food; occasionally I've even had great Disney food; I've had mediocre Disney food, and down right bad Disney food...and then I've had food from Hollywood and Vine. It's awfulness is just in a special class all its own.

Anyways... I dearly hope they announce something in early 2013. I don't really expect too much before then with NFE opening. When is Mine Train supposed to open again? Maybe they'd announce after that? Just so as to not steal the thunder from NFE being completed?

Taylor

Now that would be a miracle. I've had good Disney food; occasionally I've even had great Disney food; I've had mediocre Disney food, and down right bad Disney food...and then I've had food from Hollywood and Vine. It's awfulness is just in a special class all its own.

Anyways... I dearly hope they announce something in early 2013. I don't really expect too much before then with NFE opening. When is Mine Train supposed to open again? Maybe they'd announce after that? Just so as to not steal the thunder from NFE being completed?
Mine train opens 2014 so I hope they don't wait that long to announce it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom