Hollywood Studios 1/2 day park

David S.

As a die-hard fan, I'd love to open and close a park the way you do. My family would never allow it. I'm jealous.

Well, I'm single and in Florida (when there) by myself, so most of my park visits are solo which allows for those type of visits.

When my parents or friends come to visit me, I play the role of "tour guide" (minus the flag! :) ) and I use all of the experience I've gained over my numorous solo visits, knowledge of Fastpass, etc.,to try to make sure they get to do EXACTLY what they want to do and have the best time possible! I really enjoy these type of visits as well, sharing the experience with others, and helping them have a Magical time!

Obviously, on those type of visits, I could care less if I "finish" the park, if the people I'm with don't want to do everything; and my pleasure is derived from the shared experience as well as from being helpful!

the-reason14

Well I know mgm and ak have a plethora of rides and attractions that are worth skipping. I usually just do everest at ak and maybe dinosaur if the lines short. On a future trip I'd like to explore it more. It's not like I've never explored it, its just in recent trips I haven't seen much of the point. Same thing with mgm, toy story, ToT, and the coaster are pretty much it. Don't really wanna do anything else. I will explore more on some trips but it all depends. And I do not stay at parks all day, I always park hop.

Tater48

While DHS is not a full day park for us, it is more than a half day and we will hit it several times during our stays. We just can't get enough TOT and RnRC. Have never done TSM, but I think I can see it happening on our September trip.

Animaniac93-98

DHS is a full day park for me because I like to go on ToT and RnRC multiple times, see the street performers and parade and eat at one of three TS restaurants along with seeing other attractions once (GMR, Muppets, TSMM etc.).

I skip nearly all shows and still fill up a day at the park for these reasons.

Grizzly Hall 71

I think the OP is trying to say ther isn't enough for the older kids to do. Like the 13-17 crowd.

I feel MGM is a full day park rnr, tot, tsmm, tgmr,st (one less thing), the backlot, muppet vision, Indy, eating at the restaurants and then enjoying Fantasmic!

If it was a half day park why is the park open til 10 for Fantasmic! for regular guest? Epcot is only open til 9.

Susan Savia

Yes, Hollywood Studios is a half day park for us. We always get there for rope drop and fast walk to Toy Story for a fast pass, then ride it and shortly after ride it using the fast pass. A ride on Great Movie Ride, the Animation tour and drawing room, looking in some of the stores, the Muppets, sometimes the Mermaid, Backstage Tour and that pretty much sums up our morning and off to Epcot we go! We've done Indiana Jones many times, don't care to waste time on the Lights Motor Action (I see enough crazy drivers where we live), and rarely eat in that park.

LoriMistress

DHS has become more of a half day park. Yes, they have great attractions such as ToT, RnRc, TGMR, ST, and now TSMM. DH and I can stay in DHS at opening until closing, but we could easily make it a half day.

BrerFrog

DHS is a full day park for me because I like to go on ToT and RnRC multiple times, see the street performers and parade and eat at one of three TS restaurants along with seeing other attractions once (GMR, Muppets, TSMM etc.).

I skip nearly all shows and still fill up a day at the park for these reasons.

I could spend a whole day sitting on the sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard while watching those guys.

Lisalyn

DD and I go for 7 days once a year to WDW - 2 of those days are spent at DHS but possibly because we go over Thanksgiving/holiday season. We LOVE Osborne Lights and try to catch it both nights at opening. It's amazing. Plus during holiday season the lines tend to be longer alot earlier in the day! But we also take our time and take in alot of the little things most people would blow by....we love it!

Stellajack

I could spend a whole day sitting on the sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard while watching those guys.

Same here. This park is definitely one whole day for us and we might even come back for another look-see. We take in the "Hollywood that never was and always will be" park very thoroughly. We ride RnRC, TOT, ST, GMR, in addition to the shows [and no, one does not get too old for Beauty] and parades. We, too, like to sit and watch the street performers, and listen to a few of the movie themes playing.

Have some of you half-day(ers) seen the Green Army men when they come out for their drill routine [up around the Mickey's hat]? For those of you who have young children, they may be pulled in as a part of the drill. Don't miss this!

This may no longer be a working studio, but DHS is still great. I love this park and it always fills me with a nostalgia for an era that I never experienced.

One whole day for us !!!

David S.

We ride RnRC, TOT, ST, GMR, in addition to the shows [and no, one does not get too old for Beauty] .....
One whole day for us !!!

I completely agree! Beauty In The Beast: Live On Stage is absolutely one of my favorite attractions in the park, and at WDW. It's a timeless classic based on a Disney Animated Classic film which is itself a timeless classic! The characters and songs are great, and the touching scene where Belle saves the Beast moves me to tears every time, no matter how many times I've seen it!

I also really love the Little Mermaid show as well!

And I don't even consider myself "too old" for Playhouse Disney: Live On Stage! I think it's really cute and I watch it regularly. Anything with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and the Winnie-the-Pooh characters is perfectly swell in my book! :)

mp2bill

I give DHS a "full day." I put it in quotations because I hate mornings and usually won't get to the park until at least 10AM...more often 11. Also, I like to take my time and enjoy the atmosphere.

MarkTwain

Here's a story from my last visit:

We went to Epcot in the morning, and saw a lot of World Showcase until the early afternoon, when the park started getting crowded... I mean REALLY crowded. Like there were over hour-long waits for both Maestrom and Gran Fiesta Tour. So we decided to leave through International Gateway and get some lunch at the Y&B Clubs, and then took a boat to Hollywood Studios to finish our day there.

When we got there at around 4, we rode Star Tours twice (we knew it would be our last visit before the ride closed), Great Movie Ride, MuppetVision, and Midway Mania. Then we realized we had done everything we wanted to do...

And headed back to Epcot in time for Illuminations.

Now granted, we're not thrill people. We don't do usually much more than Space Mountain or Dinosaur, so attractions like R&RC and ToT aren't priorities on our average visit. But for us, we could do what we felt was an entire park experience in about 4-5 hours.

Moral of the story, DHS could use more attractions, particularly those for the whole family.

The end. :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well I've decided that WDW is a half day vacation. We only like going through the turnstiles then leaving.

I like the turnstyles, but they're all the same in each park, they shouldn't just be copying turnstyles in every park. I do like however when you go through the turnstyles, it can be a different experience, sometimes you have to use the cool, interactive touch-screen biometrics and sometimes you don't.

njDizFan

Calling Mr. Servo, can you please impart your DHS wisdom upon these foolish mortals.

Clearly, if you are not interested in a large portion of any park's attractions you would not need to spend a whole day there.

I for one find it hard to do all I would like in any park in less then a full day. Often wanting to come back for a second. Yes even(especially DAK).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom