Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not so sure on that. They do kinda have Spider Man, and Thor is still kicking. Fantastic Four if finally done right I think can be great. Anthony Mackie is no Chris Evans for sure but I like him. Also the current talk of Daredevils return with Vincent D'Onofrio supposedly coming back as Kingpin. Also as you mentioned there is the 500lb Gorilla of the X-men standing in the wings. I dont know who could replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine he did great for someone who looks NOTHING like the comic book Wolvie. I am also not completely sold we have seen the last of Chris Evans either. Now Iron Man I fully expect a recast and him to return. Its Marvel nobody is ever truely gone but those will be huge shoes to fill.

a lot of “what if’s”….

and trying to saturate that much is a double edged sword…sure…you are mainstream…but if parts falter…the whole thing becomes kinda a joke…

they probably made a mistake with the “infinity war” stuff…

they could have used the actors still in their 30s for quite awhile longer before they had to right them out.

Ayla

Do we have that much information about the contract?

Like others, I suspect this does end in arbitration as I imagine the issue regarding revenues from the shift to streaming is murky rather than black and white. I also think the analogy of voice actors suing when VHS came about is apt, though in this case it seems like Disney was at least giving the actors some cut.

I would also be surprised if Scarlett Johansson and Emma Blunt decide they will never work for Disney again after this. In their industry, it's a big one to blacklist.
It's Emma Stone and Emily Blunt. You're mixing up their names.

jpinkc

a lot of “what if’s”….

and trying to saturate that much is a double edged sword…sure…you are mainstream…but if parts falter…the whole thing becomes kinda a joke…

they could have used the actors still in their 30s for quite awhile longer before they had to right them out.
Oh I agree lots of What If's. I too agree that younger actors certainly could have kept going. I do understand too that they want to do more than just be a Marvel star. LOL if it was me I think of what Tom Baker said once, he wished he had not quit Doctor Who. But he never really did he still is the Doctor to old fans. Thats why hes back now at 87 doing it again :)

jpinkc

My brother in law thinks AMC will survive, Regal and Cinemark he says man he just doesnt know. He said he hasnt been this scared for his job, since when the Chinese took over.

rioriz

a lot of “what if’s”….

As an MCU fan, I can back up the Universe will re energized the moment we get to see Charlie come on screen...Much Less The Punisher.

Those that think MCU is over don't look at the streaming wars. Prob. is now TV is Prime Time, not cinematic.

SirLink

Actually its a safe thing to assume Premier Access has been a complete disaster. As Disney, themselves, have thought out of 4 releases so far only Black Widow where they thought it was good enough to send out a press release to announce that it made $60million from selling it for $29.99, so 2,000,667(rounded up) users bought it. The last we know Disney+ has 103.6million subscribers, that is an attach rate of 1.93%.

If we assume most sales resulted in 8 views. So one person buys it for 8 profiles on the same account to watch, two people view it 4 times or a family of four watching it 2 times. So 16,005,336 @ $9.16(avg cost) Source) is an extra $146,608,878.

Then combine that with the worldwide $158million for the opening weekend so $158million + $146.6million, for a total of $304.6million, is what it could of made if they pursued an exclusive theatrical window.

Which with that performance it would be right around Iron Man 2 global opening weekend adjusted for inflation.

skypilot2922

I’ll go you one further…

marvel is heading towards a big decline.

they wrote out their two best characters/franchises because they didn’t want to pay them…now they’re going more obscure/more fringe…less identifiable to the causal movie goer.

look at the D+ lead in shows…you gotta be pretty heavy geek to dig these…And that’s not how you get $1-2 bil box office films.

might have outkicked their coverage there.
As usual Disney made their choice based on finance vs audience demand RDJ was the face of The Avengers without him where is the interest? He was approachable because he built tech which gave him superhuman abilities but minus the tech he was just a normal fallable human with a razor wit.

The did not want to pay Zoe Saldana either so they wrote her out too and half of the appeal of GoTG is Star Lord and Gamora arguing like an old married couple.

SirLink

As usual Disney made their choice based on finance vs audience demand RDJ was the face of The Avengers without him where is the interest? He was approachable because he built tech which gave him superhuman abilities but minus the tech he was just a normal fallable human with a razor wit.

The did not want to pay Zoe Saldana either so they wrote her out too and half of the appeal of GoTG is Star Lord and Gamora arguing like an old married couple.

Errr ... ya do know she hasn't been written out lol.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As an MCU fan, I can back up the Universe will re energized the moment we get to see Charlie *** come on screen...Much Less The Punisher.

Those that think MCU is over don't look at the streaming wars. Prob. is now TV is Prime Time, not cinematic.
That is not the argument…

…it’s whether the huge box offices can be sustained as they go away from the more known/bankable actors that were along for the ride into more obscure comic book characters with replacement type actors?

far from a given.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually its a safe thing to assume Premier Access has been a complete disaster. As Disney, themselves, have thought out of 4 releases so far only Black Widow where they thought it was good enough to send out a press release to announce that it made $60million from selling it for $29.99, so 2,000,667(rounded up) users bought it. The last we know Disney+ has 103.6million subscribers, that is an attach rate of 1.93%.

If we assume most sales resulted in 8 views. So one person buys it for 8 profiles on the same account to watch, two people view it 4 times or a family of four watching it 2 times. So 16,005,336 @ $9.16(avg cost) Source) is an extra $146,608,878.

Then combine that with the worldwide $158million for the opening weekend so $158million + $146.6million, for a total of $304.6million, is what it could of made if they pursued an exclusive theatrical window.

Which with that performance it would be right around Iron Man 2 global opening weekend adjusted for inflation.
1. You don't have the numbers to show PA isn't doing well. That's speculation on your part.

2. In other threads, I've been tracking how well PA movies have been doing based on Nielsen numbers. And those PA movies did just fine.

SirLink

1. You don't have the numbers to show PA isn't doing well. That's speculation on your part.

2. In other threads, I've been tracking how well PA movies have been doing based on Nielsen numbers. And those PA movies did just fine.
1. Disney sent out a press release that globally from PA they got $60million - that is an attach rate of 1.93%, terrible
2. Nielsen numbers don't differentiate if one user watches the film 100 times in a week compared to one user watching it once. E.g If you pay for PA and share an account and there are 8 profiles listed each one could watch it twice per week.

So whilst Nielsen numbers start showing up all it will show is a lot of users re-watching it.

And thats essentially what Scarlett Jo et al want is a price per individual user that has seen BW. If you watched it via a profile via a shared account you wouldn't go to a cinema to pay to watch it. She wants the money from the loss of the movie ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom