Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2016

TylerFromMI

Looks Great!

I guess they took out Mickey's lines at the end and did the daytime fireworks during the final notes?

Anyone know if this will have any night performances before Christmas comes?

I noticed the cut of Mickey's fireworks as well. Not sure if it was a video edit, or truly gone.

Launchpad McQuack

Just wondering... Does time of day make a difference for the Jingle Cruise? I booked us a FP for after sunset because I was hoping there would be actual Christmas lights up on the ride, which of course would look better at night. Is this the case?

TP2000

Jingle Cruise is so half baked they shouldn't even bother. The skippers aren't even wearing green santa hats or anything. Disappointing. Just those little touches that would make it just a bit better.

That's the part that had me confused about Jingle Cruise opening on November 1st at WDW. There was no refurbishment scheduled on any calendar I saw. At Disneyland, the Jungle Cruise is currently closed for a two week refurbishment and will reopen as Jingle Cruise on Friday, November 11th, when the rest of the holiday entertainment and overlays start.

How the heck does the Magic Kingdom redecorate the entire ride into Jingle Cruise in one night without any refurbishment closure???

Last edited:

dgp602

Here is a look at the Magic Kingdom from today - not everything is there yet, but a lot of progress in just 2 days since Halloween.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holi...ays-decorations-at-the-magic-kingdom-2016.htm
Just looking at the pictures and and not assuming anything...but..a few years ago the garland that ran across Main St was replaced with a new type of wreath. Looking at the picture of Main St from this year, it looks like now that those are gone too?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
That's the part that had me confused about Jingle Cruise opening on November 1st at WDW. There was no refurbishment scheduled on any calendar I saw. At Disneyland, the Jungle Cruise is currently closed for a two week refurbishment and will reopen as Jingle Cruise on Friday, November 11th, when the rest of the holiday entertainment and overlays start.

How the heck does the Magic Kingdom redecorate the entire ride into Jingle Cruise in one night without any refurbishment closure???

Haven't been to Florida this year yet, but in previous years the Magic Kingdom's Jingle Cruise was far less elaborate than Disneyland's.

This would make sense as to why there is no real downtime to make the switch in WDW, there isn't much to change to begin with.

TP2000

Haven't been to Florida this year yet, but in previous years the Magic Kingdom's Jingle Cruise was far less elaborate than Disneyland's.

This would make sense as to why there is no real downtime to make the switch in WDW, there isn't much to change to begin with.

Fascinating. I had friends who went to WDW a week ago, first time for them, and I gave them all my tips and knowledge I could before they left. I was looking at their photos and noticed they went on Jungle Cruise, but I hadn't put two and two together that Jungle Cruise should have been closed for refurb if it was to open as Jingle Cruise on November 1st.

Another example of how the two American parks do things very differently. But I could have sworn when Jingle Cruise first started a couple years ago that it warranted a refurbishment closure at WDW.

Goofnut1980

I thought only Florida received the Jingle Cruise... Can't we have at least one holiday overlay of our own! We don't get Small World or HM... now Disneyland gets Jingle Cruise too! UGH

hpyhnt 1000

^ Or Instagram. ;)

For what its worth, I like the darker colors - much classier. Always thought the previous version was way too cartoony and plasticky looking.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20161104_190953_HDR.jpg
20161104_182332_HDR.jpg
20161104_182024.jpg
Like I said...Disney wastes no time

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I asked a CM today if the Wilderness Lodge was decorated and they said they usually don't do that til week before Thanksgiving....must be done in parks mainly for the Christmas parties that begin Monday.....3 more days and I will be there.....can't wait! :) So that begs the question, have any of the other parks begun putting up holiday décor?;)

Disone

I noticed the cut of Mickey's fireworks as well. Not sure if it was a video edit, or truly gone.
I too immediately noticed that. No "now I have a surprise" and the entire cast turns their backs to audience to watch the fireworks. I thought that was a neat, but I guess it just for the Fall Show. The pyro has been moved to the last notes of the last song. Still works well.

Also the Tree is up now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom