Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2016

Acolli18

When did it revert back to the Jungle Cruise last season? Curious if it'll be in place when we're there January 7th.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I typically agree with you while I'm home, but for those of us who haven't experienced Christmas at Disney before and can only go in November, I'm thankful Christmas comes early at WDW.

Me too....Yes there is a difference between going to the parks and expecting it, and seeing full hog Christmas Nov 1 at home.....while here in the northern realm its much more sensible to put UP the outdoor lights in temperate weather, we never have turned ours ON until after Thanksgiving. We have a young couple nearby that must have bought every thing home depot had to offer and literally its overkill for lights, blowup things and plastic doodads.....its like they want to fill every bit of their bitty yard....sigh....on Halloween it rather looked like a Halloween truck dumped its load on their lawn....wish I took a pic, they seem to add more every year.o_O It came down yesterday and I suspect Christmas will arrive any day. Sometimes less IS more.....

So being in the parks and having fun with the Christmas décor will inspire my creative thoughts on decorating for Christmas, but in my home I really like just your basic Fall décor which goes up Oct 1.....it does for Halloween and Thanksgiving.;) For a few years a radio station actually started playing Christmas music 24/7 in early October.....and THAT was too much. It's starting to edge its way into most stores this week. And while I think it would be rather fun to be IN the parks at Christmas, to me it could never compare to home and the traditions we have here..... so happy it will be up next week and I can enjoy it now.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom