News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

Disone

Having worked many evenings when my shift was unexpectedly extended longer than originally scheduled, I can assure you that most CM's do not care as it means more money. You may have a few who are, rightfully, annoyed but most know that's how this business rolls.
I can second this. Also most, not all the time but most of the time the park extention occurs prior to the operational day and there is a window of opportunity for the cast to know and reach out to their managers if it causes a hardship.

Likewise on the occasions when park hours have been extended day of or in the middle of a shift, there's usually some wiggle room and the ones who truly cannot stay can be released. The others are typically more than happy to take the overtime.

It's really not that big of a deal. The mood of the cast suddenly does not turn grumpy because the park hours have extended.

Goofnut1980

I'm still trying to figure out if they are maxed at 25% capacity. They have to be letting more in than 25% if you are increasing the hours by that much. It just doesn't add up otherwise. Waits are pretty high today and it's a Monday in October with no major holiday/celebrations going on in the US.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still trying to figure out if they are maxed at 25% capacity. They have to be letting more in than 25% if you are increasing the hours by that much. It just doesn't add up otherwise. Waits are pretty high today and it's a Monday in October with no major holiday/celebrations going on in the US.
It's probably because waits are high that they are increasing hours. For the holidays they seem to be expecting their new maxed out numbers daily and for multiple parks.

Po'Rich

OMG. Yeah, I think I might do this instead of Disney this year....
I went there last winter. The lights are impressive, but they are not Osborne lights. They do not "dance" like the Osborne lights. However, they do have a tall tree that does containing "dancing" lights.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They are not exceeding 25%

However, they won't provide actual numbers. Just makes you wonder.

A better question to ask would be, if it is 25 % of a Phase 4 closure level.

WDW in July and August was underperforming badly, crowd levels were around what an after hours event was (probably around 5-6% of capacity). Now it seems like we're around what Holiday Party capacity is, and TBH the crowding feels like the first three hours of a Holiday party where it is just wall to wall people and ride waits are long. (Granted there is lower capacity on some rides, and extended queuing due to Disney social distancing requirements)

Bocabear

I was at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios over the weekend...Everything was as packed and busy as I had ever seen it before...The area around the UK pavilion was every bit as packed with people as I had seen it for any Food and Wine weekend, and the lines for everything including food, attractions and entrance to pavilions was longer than I am used to seeing.
Nothing felt like low capacity and in the end, both days we left after a few hours because it was too crowded and felt unsafe.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Do we know what holiday offerings will be in DHS? From the article it says, "Minnie Mouse will be hosting a yuletide gathering for all her friends at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting November 6. Santa Goofy will be there, along with Minnie and more in their holiday best."

What are the chances they project onto ToT and have fake snow on Sunset?

mm52200

Do we know what holiday offerings will be in DHS? From the article it says, "Minnie Mouse will be hosting a yuletide gathering for all her friends at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting November 6. Santa Goofy will be there, along with Minnie and more in their holiday best."

What are the chances they project onto ToT and have fake snow on Sunset?
Expect overlays at Hollywood & Vine, holiday motorcades, and some decorations.

I wouldn’t expect Sunset Seasons Greetings this year unfortunately.

CJR

Has there been any chatter about DAK having decorations up?

There will be a few opportunities coming up to actually be in the park after sundown. Crazy as it seems.

I can see them skipping the lights this year, but at the same time, a few things looked nice during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom