News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
hfetvd67832.jpg

When night falls, special projection effects will give a festive look to Cinderella Castle this year, providing a colorful backdrop for our guests’ photos. The appearance of the iconic castle will be transformed with a rotating series of designs including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation. This will be in place of the Castle Dream Lights. Other holiday experiences that draw big crowds will be on hiatus this year as well, such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. We know these experiences are a cherished part of holiday traditions that will be missed by guests and cast members alike, but we’re glad to be able to bring holiday magic in other creative ways.

DSO

Really jealous of you Orlando folks. I hope it's a great time for you guys. I hope to see lots of pictures on social media so I can vicariously live through you all. I'm hopeful that DLR opens by the Holidays, but I don't see that happening. :( Again, really happy for you guys!

Touchdown

Killing Dreamlights seems like a cost savings choice to me. Even if they just flip a switch at twilight, it seems like a ridiculous thing to cut.

Again, stop supporting this people, this is a cheap out.

Parker in NYC

Killing Dreamlights seems like a cost savings choice to me. Even if they just flip a switch at twilight, it seems like a ridiculous thing to cut.

Again, stop supporting this people, this is a cheap out.

So, are you done with WDW? Or is this the usual love/hate relationship with the place?

jrhwdw

-No Dreamlights
-Continuing to have no night shows
-No Candlelight

Means there will be no me this year, looks like another trip is canceled.
So, Disney won't do anything more than Calvacades, but SWO can do Pyro every weekend and TDR is back to Nightfall Glow and Disney Light The Night!

Yeah, that's makes sense!!!!!! Was hoping MVMCP was safe but of course not!!!!!

SOMEONE FIND AN ANSWER TO COVID!!!!!!!!

mikenatcity1

I'm not sad about this. I'm glad they are doing as much as they are. I'm shocked they are doing anything castle-related that could cause people to stop and congregate. Given it's almost mid-September and the fact that Holiday Services is probably not up to full strength (or even half), I had resigned myself to the fact Dream Lights wasn't going to happen.

HouCuseChickie

OK...so, I'm not the only one thinking the lack of Dreamlights is fishy. They could have been illuminated without the show and I'm sure projections on the castle will draw just as many people wanting to take pictures, so I don't see crowds gathering as the logic here. I do wonder if it has anything to do with the 50th and maybe not putting the lights up could better preserve some of the painting they just finished up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom