News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

TYOTimer

Holidays-at-the-Magic-Kingdom_Full_39479.jpg

View attachment 509907
Dream lights will be back. Not this year for sure but they will be back.
If all goes to plan, they should be back next year. They were never planned for 2020 due to the castle renovations

jrhwdw

They were never planned even pre covid? If the new paint job effects the lights, how will next year be any different?
I find this hard to believe......you would think that the painting would have been done by MNSSHP 2020, then put the lights up for MVMCP 2020 . Why would MK can the Lights before COVID came to FL????

TTA94

I find this hard to believe......you would think that the painting would have been done by MNSSHP 2020, then put the lights up for MVMCP 2020 . Why would MK can the Lights before COVID came to FL????

Agreed. It honestly would not surprise me though for the dreamlights to be replaced by projections moving forward, especially next year 2021 if they do end up adding 50th decorations to the castle.

spectromagic04

...apologies. I did look at them...and they look light to me. That’s why I asked the question...I was looking for an in park opinion - since I was scheduled to be there but I'm serving a 2 year sentence in New Jersey instead 🤪
The MK decorations are basically the same as always minus the castle lights, the Mickey floral at the train station and the count down to Christmas area by City Hall. It seems like 90% of the usual MK decorations are up and who knows they might not be done. Last year it took them approx 3/4 days to get everything up but not expecting it with the layoffs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
...apologies. I did look at them...and they look light to me. That’s why I asked the question...I was looking for an in park opinion - since I was scheduled to be there but I'm serving a 2 year sentence in New Jersey instead 🤪
It is basically the same as previous years. I'm not aware of anything of anything of significance missing.

LastoneOn

Let's say you have dinner with friends and your all ready to go at 5, but your boss comes in and says "hey, this customer can't come until 5:30 I need you to stay". Would you quit because of that, are you that childish? No, you suck it up and do it because you like your job, but it doesn't mean you have to enjoy it. Especially now this means your plans after work have been altered or maybe completely cancelled because of it.
Adulting is hard.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The MK decorations are basically the same as always minus the castle lights, the Mickey floral at the train station and the count down to Christmas area by City Hall. It seems like 90% of the usual MK decorations are up and who knows they might not be done. Last year it took them approx 3/4 days to get everything up but not expecting it with the layoffs.

Good to hear...skimping on decorations would not be wise/appropriate. It’s that kind of good will that is low cost and goes along way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom