Holiday Surprise Announcement From Run Disney

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
While we all remember the way the hype led up to the Disneyland Tinker Bell Half Marathon to some people's elation and others' disappointment (me!), Run Disney is again alerting us to the fact of an upcoming announcement set for December 21:

From the Run Disney Facebook page:

Christmas will come early from runDisney! RSVP for a special runDisney announcement taking place Wednesday, December 21.

Click to join the page and RSVP to find out what the announcement will be:
https://www.facebook.com/events/216225225120116/

dreamfinder

In all honesty, I hope it isn't a Disneyland full. They just don't have the parks/space to make it a special Disney run. It would still be a fun event, but I really have no desire to run through downtown Anaheim for 20 some odd miles to make up the distance. Something related to Marathon Weekend would be nice, ala park entry on Monday or similar, but I really doubt they would pull something this close to race day. Hopefully not another half marathon. I'd really like to see something a little more unique. Be it an adventure race (more like Warrior Dash or Spartan Race less like Everest) which seems unlikely since they just announced registration for the Everest Challenge. Something themed to villains I think would be a strong sell. Personally, and it's just me being a little bit greedy, I'd love to see them let people running the full marathon also do the half relay. I've seen other races do it, the full person runs the first leg, grabs their partner at the transition point, and they finish together. I'm being greedy because I think I would convince my wife to run/walk a half if I was with her. But seeing as they are calling it an early Christmas, I really think it's plussing an existing event.

Mad Stitch

In all honesty, I hope it isn't a Disneyland full. They just don't have the parks/space to make it a special Disney run. It would still be a fun event, but I really have no desire to run through downtown Anaheim for 20 some odd miles to make up the distance.

I agree with you there. I just think there is too much opportunity for them to ignore it forever. Especially if they expect the Disneyland half to sell out as quickly as it did last year.

dreamfinder

Heck, flashing back to one of the threads I started, Christmas coming early would be if they had worked out a deal with ASI/Brightroom to include digital copies of all our race pics in the registration cost.

fmingo36

In all honesty, I hope it isn't a Disneyland full. They just don't have the parks/space to make it a special Disney run. It would still be a fun event, but I really have no desire to run through downtown Anaheim for 20 some odd miles to make up the distance. .

Absolutely agree with this. I ran the Disneyland 1/2 in Septemebr and was very disappointed with the course. I hardly felt like I was running at Disneyland.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Absolutely agree with this. I ran the Disneyland 1/2 in Septemebr and was very disappointed with the course. I hardly felt like I was running at Disneyland.
That is why i have no desire to run out in DL.

I hope it is a triathlon with mini (sprint) options. PLEASE! Pretty Please!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm silently hoping they unveil a medal for doing all 3 1/2 marathons in 1 calendar year....that should be worth something.

lukacseven

In all honesty, I hope it isn't a Disneyland full. They just don't have the parks/space to make it a special Disney run. It would still be a fun event, but I really have no desire to run through downtown Anaheim for 20 some odd miles to make up the distance. Something related to Marathon Weekend would be nice, ala park entry on Monday or similar, but I really doubt they would pull something this close to race day. Hopefully not another half marathon. I'd really like to see something a little more unique. Be it an adventure race (more like Warrior Dash or Spartan Race less like Everest) which seems unlikely since they just announced registration for the Everest Challenge. Something themed to villains I think would be a strong sell. Personally, and it's just me being a little bit greedy, I'd love to see them let people running the full marathon also do the half relay. I've seen other races do it, the full person runs the first leg, grabs their partner at the transition point, and they finish together. I'm being greedy because I think I would convince my wife to run/walk a half if I was with her. But seeing as they are calling it an early Christmas, I really think it's plussing an existing event.

I really liked the idea of having the post race party at Hollywood Studios. Too bad it was 20 degrees that year - I think that hurt the turn-out. But it was nice to be able to walk right onto all the popular attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom