Holiday overlays or the original version...

Hobnail Boot

It could go either way with me. If it was my first visit, I'd like to see the differences between our versions of the ride and DL's. On the other hand, I'd like to see the holiday overlays that we'll never get at WDW.

I've only been to DL during the summer, but I'm trying to get our New Years 2011 trip rerouted to DL so that I can finally experience the overlays (and all the other cool holiday stuff!)

nemofinder22

It could go either way with me. If it was my first visit, I'd like to see the differences between our versions of the ride and DL's. On the other hand, I'd like to see the holiday overlays that we'll never get at WDW.

I've only been to DL during the summer, but I'm trying to get our New Years 2011 trip rerouted to DL so that I can finally experience the overlays (and all the other cool holiday stuff!)

I agree, it really depends on what version you want to see. Best part of the holiday overlays at DLR is its part of the ticket price no extra cost same goes for all firework shows, and all the Christmas offerings.

But if its your first time to DL I think it would be nice to see the original versions(in terms of the first Mansion and first small world). Space I cant comment on I havent been on Ghost Galaxy yet. And no one likes HISTA anyways:lol:

The timing is kinda makes you

sponono88

nemo, I like HISTA :lookaroun :lol:

original or holiday? I think if you're already familiar with it's WDW counterpart.. you might enjoy the DL holiday overlays instead. I personally enjoy Small World Holiday more than I do the regular version, and Haunted Mansion Holiday is awesome. The rides get all dressed up for the holidays and have extra beautiful facades :) you also get a light show with IASWH!

TP2000

Space Mountain vs. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy - I vote for Ghost Galaxy

Haunted Mansion vs. Haunted Mansion Holiday - I vote for Holiday

Small World vs. Small World Holiday - A real toss up, but if you are a big Christmas fan I vote Holiday, if you are a hard-core historian Disney fan I vote regular version.

Big Thunder Ranch vs. Santa's Reindeer Roundup - Roundup with live reindeer and Santa/Mrs. Claus, hands down.

Remember, it's not like the attractions are altered beyond all recognition, and most of the key features and effects are there. It's just that they are overlayed and plussed up with specific decorations, music, effects. It's a layering on and adding to for the most part, rather than a replacement of original effects. Although Haunted Mansion is the most changed and with the most effects replaced for the Holiday version.

DisneyDreamer08

I will be going to DL for the first time in April and I'm glad I will get to see all attractions in their original state. Someday it might be nice to see the holiday overlays, but for my first trip, I'm glad I get to see the originals!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I went to DL in October so the only holiday overlays i saw were space and haunted mansion. I enjoyed space's overlay but was kinda sad after the haunted mansion. As cool as the ride was, it made me want to go on the non-holiday version extremely bad!!!
I personally wish i could have gone during a season where there were no overlay's, and just all originals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom