Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort?

julwh

Original Poster
Anyone have any experiences with the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort? I march in the SWW parades every weekend in June and will spend one weekend onsite but need to find more reasonable lodging the other three weekends.

mouselvrmom

We stayed at the holiday inn sunspree back in 2005. We thought it would be a neat place to stay for the kids because it had kidsuites. Let's just say that the suites were nothing like the images they show on their website. :lol:

The suites weren't actually two rooms per se. They had a little area with bunk beds, but that wasn't walled all the way off, the walls only went up so far and there was no door. The room also wasn't really well maintained and had a smell about it. The whole place had a bit of a run down feel, but it was off season for them, so maybe they just weren't really on their game.

It was really very cheap, and for the price I really can't complain.

julwh

Original Poster
I had rave reviews from a co-worker who stays there 3-4 times a year but ya'll don't seem to match his opinion so I guess I am back to the drawing board.

elizs77

My parents drove by it in 2006 thinking that they'd check it out for us. They said it looked very run down. Again, this was 2 years ago, but I don't think a lot has changed based on what I've read online.

Dream Theater

We stayed there for about 3 years straight, in 2000-2003. They are a pet friendly hotel, so our dog was able to stay in the room with us. They did a refurb back in 2000-2001 (I think it was then). It is a hotel geared towards kids. The pool gets VERY crowded. It is relatively cheap and you get what you pay for. In 2004 & 2005 we stayed at the Sheraton Safari which is right down the road and about 1 minute from Hotel row. It was/is a little more expensive but was a nicer hotel. However, I will say I have not heard good things recently. We were going to stay there when we go in May, however, we a renting a house now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom