Hogwarts Express: E Ticket?

lazyboy97o

My first complaint is that without a two park ticket, you will not be able to experience this attraction. I think it will be an okay attraction, I just find it a very inconvenient money grab attempt by Universal.

The only ride for the entire family in Universal requires a 2 park ticket. Not cool at all.
Most people at Universal Orlando Resort are already using park to park tickets. It seems you'd be better off just not going since you have tried so hard to talk down about this project, to the point of constantly repeating false information.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My first complaint is that without a two park ticket, you will not be able to experience this attraction. I think it will be an okay attraction, I just find it a very inconvenient money grab attempt by Universal.

The only ride for the entire family in Universal requires a 2 park ticket. Not cool at all.
Disney, of course, still does the best at producing rides that whole family can ride and enjoy. But Uni is far better than everybody else but Disney. At Cedar Point last summer, there were only about 3 rides that my whole family (Mom, dad, 57" tall son, and 42" tall 4-year-old son) could all ride. At Uni in the fall, excluding kiddie rides and all shows, we could all ride Men in Black, Simpsons, Earthquake (sort of a ride), Minion Mayhem, Seuss Trolley, Hippogriff, the X-men teacup thing, Transformers, Spider-Man, and probably something I forgot. No complaints at all. Now, if you have a 36" tall child, your options are more limited for rides, but still - Uni is so much better than Six Flags and others that I see no reason to focus on it.

GLaDOS

75-80% of UOR guests already use two-park tickets, making this much less of a money grab than most people here would like to let on. This will be much better than an "okay" attraction. The care, detail, and attention given to all aspects of the Hogwarts Express is astounding. You may not be getting fluff WDI/DPB-esque videos about it, but you won't need it. The depth of the experience will shine through completely. This is the level of immersion and detail that WDI would like you to believe they do in something like the SDMT. The difference is Universal Creative and their partners have achieved it and more, and will let the experience speak for itself.

And this is the "only" ride for the family if your definition of a family means one with kids under 38 inches.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It will be interesting to see how this goes since I don't believe this is something that any theme park has ever done. Yes, some people will be annoyed by it, but if it's a quality attraction the good will outway the bad. If this is a success I wonder how long before Disney builds something similar.

SJN1279

I
75-80% of UOR guests already use two-park tickets, making this much less of a money grab than most people here would like to let on. This will be much better than an "okay" attraction. The care, detail, and attention given to all aspects of the Hogwarts Express is astounding. You may not be getting fluff WDI/DPB-esque videos about it, but you won't need it. The depth of the experience will shine through completely. This is the level of immersion and detail that WDI would like you to believe they do in something like the SDMT. The difference is Universal Creative and their partners have achieved it and more, and will let the experience speak for itself.

And this is the "only" ride for the family if your definition of a family means one with kids under 38 inches.

So the 25 percent of Universal guests who just paid 100 dollars for park admission will be turned away from the brand new Hogwarts Express ride. I'm sure that will go over well......

My son is 8 months old and under 38 inches. Universal is a few years away from being a worthwhile destination.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I

So the 25 percent of Universal guests who just paid 100 dollars for park admission will be turned away from the brand new Hogwarts Express ride. I'm sure that will go over well......

My son is 8 months old and under 38 inches. Universal is a few years away from being a worthwhile destination.

There will probably be a small percentage of those people that are unhappy about it, but is it really much different then people going to the parks on a HHN or MNSSHP day and being told they have to leave the park earlier if they didn't pay extra for the special event?

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
I

And I am sorry to say that with an 8 month old, Universal really isn't your best option in town. You guys will probably go through the Legoland stage before you make your way to fully enjoying Universal.

Us, 50 year old arrested development single dad with full custody of 2 teenage (18 & 13) daughters, Universal has more to offer.

danpam1024

2 day park hopper is $3 cheaper than a one day:confused: (just checked for my adult child-Fl res). Most Uni guests hop or have passes (since they're not $500+ a piece). It's easier to hop when the parks are so close together. It's a fantastic idea and I can't wait to ride.

The_CEO

I would say no. I also think it is going to be one inconvenient attraction to experience. Especially if you rent a stroller from Universal.

Hopefully it is a nice attraction.

They have already confirmed that they will have Universal strollers on each side so you would drop off the one your using and get one at the other side. :) No inconvenience at all!

Any family that comes to Orlando will either commit to visiting both parks or non at all. It's actually a marketing novel to make it a necessity to have a park hopper to experience this attraction. Can you honestly tell me that by just having it as an add on to or from UO or IoA and then just hopping back on made sense?

Also it's a GREAT way to travel to and from the parks! It would save time having to walk to and from the back end of the park and walking to the other main gate and BACK to say Jurassic Park or Lost Continent.

Voice of Disney sanity

Well, the whole concept is brilliant based on Harry Potter canon. You arrive at the London waterfront. You visit diagonal alley, get fitted for a wand, robe, and plush. Get on the Hogwarts Express and travel to Hogsmeade and then on to the Hogwarts Castle.
THIS! Universal has out disney'd disney on this one. This is theming on a level never seen before except for in the movie west world. There is no LAND in wdw that follows a single IP or that flows through a story from ride to ride let alone from park to park. As a recovering pixieduster I see that this is a true game changer.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As stated, probably too young anyway. Maybe you should stay away until you feel it would be worth it for your family. Universal and IOA were always primarily aimed at a more mature audience.

They are slowly changing the demographic aim, but for now are doing rather well and are rather happy attracting their core audience.

I must be one of the few people on earth who have zero interest in Harry Potter. Whenever my daughter and I have visited from the UK, Islands of Adventure have been an easy miss for us however this ride is the turning point, this year we will get the two park ticket so we can experience it.

Pieter

My family could care less about Harry Potter. We easily passed by the Potter World several times without being tempted to stop. Eventually we stopped and got on the current ride. We didn't really like the subject matter but LOVED the ride. Now we can't wait to experience the new HP rides. Whether you like HP or not these are great quality rides.

doctornick

I don't think it would be any different than riding the Walt Disney World Railroad. I would think that they would have a spot to fold up your carriage and bring it with you, no?

I'm assuming that as well. In terms of the actual movement, I would think this is akin to regular transportation (i.e. a normal train or a monorail, etc.) and you should be able to stow bags and/or a folded up stroller somewhere. The entertainment portion of the ride is less from the movement and more from the images via the windows and the physical effects.

Or am I wrong about how the ride will work?

WildcatDen

Are we looking forward to this, Gringotts and Diagon Alley, absolutely but it sure would be nice to know moe about HE. I understand it will travel from one park to the other and I assume you would be sitting in a 'cabin' much like Harry, Hermoine, and Ron from the movie. I assume to one side you would have screens showing different things and on the other side, potentially live actors in the walkway? Maybe even buy some snacks from the trolly? Still, if this is a train ride, wouldn't the screens be limited to just showing scenery you would expect to see out of the train window? Maybe through in a dementor sequnce?, Harry Ron and Hermoine flying by? Maybe being chased by Bellatrix and Voldy himself? The flying car? Moody and Hagrid on their riding machines? Yeah, that would all be pretty cool.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are we looking forward to this, Gringotts and Diagon Alley, absolutely but it sure would be nice to know moe about HE. I understand it will travel from one park to the other and I assume you would be sitting in a 'cabin' much like Harry, Hermoine, and Ron from the movie. I assume to one side you would have screens showing different things and on the other side, potentially live actors in the walkway? Maybe even buy some snacks from the trolly? Still, if this is a train ride, wouldn't the screens be limited to just showing scenery you would expect to see out of the train window? Maybe through in a dementor sequnce?, Harry Ron and Hermoine flying by? Maybe being chased by Bellatrix and Voldy himself? The flying car? Moody and Hagrid on their riding machines? Yeah, that would all be pretty cool.

Pretty much everything you have said sounds spot on based on what we know of the ride. I doubt they will do live actors in the walkway and the ride really isn't long enough to actually sell things from the candy trolley, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that on the platform while you are waiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom