Hogwarts Express Backstage Photos

alissafalco

Imagine if the Haunted Mansion, Spider-Man, and Revenge of the Mummy had an offspring... It's ride system alone is already proving to be insane and offers more challenges than the FJ did at this stage already. Premier, Vekoma, Creative, and several subcontractors have there hands full on this bad boy.

Wow!! I am excited for when this opens!! I'm spending a week at UNI! Thank you so much for the info. Do they think 2014 is a realistic opening time?

HTF

Wow!! I am excited for when this opens!! I'm spending a week at UNI! Thank you so much for the info. Do they think 2014 is a realistic opening time?

Testing of both ride systems I'm told should begin by the end of HHN but numerous ride system components have been testing on site in a Universal sound stage for many months. We should definitely expect a mid to late June Grand Opening but the exact projected date has already been set. It's a closely guarded secret and something we won't know until Spring 2014.

stevehousse

I don't see a train ride that is meant to take guests from one park to the next would require a height restriction or tell you no strollers allowed...doesn't seem logical or convenient at all. I'm sure everything will work out in the end and I can't wait to go back to Uni once my kids are able to ride the HP rides...wot e for a few more years unfortunately...

alissafalco

I don't see a train ride that is meant to take guests from one park to the next would require a height restriction or tell you no strollers allowed...doesn't seem logical or convenient at all. I'm sure everything will work out in the end and I can't wait to go back to Uni once my kids are able to ride the HP rides...wot e for a few more years unfortunately...

Maybe they will do the same thing that Disneys train does. Have a separate section of the train (outside the cable car) to put all the strollers? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

JT3000

There will be ADA access lanes and specific cabins for required passengers. I'm not sure however if ADA access must be transferred from wheelchair to seats or if there will be access for those who cannot transfer chairs.

I can't imagine they'd make anyone transfer. I mean it's not like a normal attraction where you can leave the chair at the station. It has to come along for the ride either way, so it only makes sense to fully accommodate for those who can't transfer.

HTF

I can't imagine they'd make anyone transfer. I mean it's not like a normal attraction where you can leave the chair at the station. It has to come along for the ride either way, so it only makes sense to fully accommodate for those who can't transfer.

Hey I agree with you but again I'm not sure so my response is simply to spark conversation

Todd H

Flounder-Animal-Houses-e1298089259449.jpg

Oh boy is this great!

drew81

Ok I'll chime in on this one. The interior will have a walkway or aisle that runs along the side of the train car. Each 8 person facing person cabin will be accessible from said aisle. The doorways into the cabins will feature wooden doors with clear glass inserts again just like the movies. Those glass inserts will feature a unique effect that will be able to recreate the freezing effect. All the exterior windows will feature new ultra high def display units giving you the glimpse outside but not backstage. Each and every cabin will feature a large led window display, a projection dementor effect, special effects package including rapid temperature changes, lighting, and water spritzers, as well as an ice over effect. Not to mention a Dolby Audio package that will leave you shaking.

And this is why I will probably be buying an Annual Pass to Universal.

Tom Morrow

Does anyone know who manufactured the trains and track system? Will it operate like a ride? Or an actual mass transit system that happens to have special effects?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom