HM sound test today

jsfra209

Damn, that is so cool. I wonder how long they will be planning on doing these tests? Anyone know if there is any chance of a soft opening? :shrug:

BwanaBob

Im wondering how much light was in the stretch room during the test.

Usually the effect works really well the darker it is (like...pitch black). To make a point... for those of you who remember "Sounds Dangerous" at MGM.

THAT would make the effect much more realistic.

Of course it would probably be too much.

jedimaster1227

The question is, were they testing the location of the audio or the frequency/pitch of the audio. What surprises me is that the children could not hear it yet (as children's sense of pitch is better than adults-use the "mosquito ring tone" as proof), meaning that the frequency was fine, but the speakers were too high for their effect to directly strike the children's ears. This means that they must be using uni-directional stereos (at least for this effect), or have set up the speakers to be able to handle true 7.1+ audio.

Philo

The question is, were they testing the location of the audio or the frequency/pitch of the audio. What surprises me is that the children could not hear it yet (as children's sense of pitch is better than adults-use the "mosquito ring tone" as proof), meaning that the frequency was fine, but the speakers were too high for their effect to directly strike the children's ears. This means that they must be using uni-directional stereos (at least for this effect), or have set up the speakers to be able to handle true 7.1+ audio.

My guess is that the taller guests simply block some of the soundwaves, I doubt it has anything to do with age. If they are using a higher pitched fequency to simulate the location of the ghost then some of these soundwaves will not be able to travel through people.

P.S Sorry, just re-read your post. It might be a height thing. Wonder if they have put only childeren in the room and see what effect that has

Craig & Lisa

My guess is that they had the speakers set too high off the floor, so they were geared at the height of a normal adult. So in turn it also had the adults block the sound effects towards the children. Looks like they'll be drilling more holes in the walls alittle lower for speakers. lets just hope they don't turn off the ones that are higher.

iheartdisney91

so everything is complete like the new leota and bride have been installed and people are already riding? this is seriously very cool, any hope for me to ride on aug 26-sept 1? like another test going on or a ......soft opening? if so i would prolly die beause i was so upset that its gunna be closed when im there its my all time fave.

so everything is complete like the new leota and bride have been installed and people are already riding? this is seriously very cool, any hope for me to ride on aug 26-sept 1? like another test going on or a ......soft opening? if so i would prolly die beause i was so upset that its gunna be closed when im there its my all time fave.

I think you need to re-read the blog.....they only tested the sound of the stretch rooms, no guests were taken beyond that point and into the attraction.

Purple413

I can't wait until it re-opens! The HM deserves some TLC. I hope they do something at the end with the hitchhiking gouls. It would be awesome if they would take your picture with them some how.

fizzle75

This sounds awesome! What is the tentative opening date for the Mansion, I can't remember? My wife and I will be there from September 27th-October 6th, any chance it will be open by then?

Jerm

Was it the voice of Paul Frees (the original Ghost Host) or has he been replaced? If he's been replaced, I will NOT BE HAPPY! :(

They would not take that out. I know Cory Burton (the voice over guy) said he would not replace anything Paul did one time for Haunted Mansion Holiday out here. So I am guessing they just took the master tape and started playing with it.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom