HM rehab news

ToTBellHop

however, the HM is definitely getting a rehab. We'll see stuff similar to what has been put into DL's version along with a MUCH NEEDED refurbishment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds about right, but nothing we didn`t already know. The timeframe is still jumping around however.

The Speedway sounds interesting... I guess it would be logical to have electric vehicles in this day and age. Might be more a question of when rather than if.

DisneyMusician2

It does seem odd to have gas-powered vehicles in Tomorrowland.....perhaps we'll retheme to hydrogen fuel cell cars. I wonder if they could get the whole system to run off a solar system...

Lee

Adventurer
Can't confirm it...but I remember someone telling me that some electric cars arrived on site several months ago for Speedway.

Brian Noble

While that certainly makes more sense with the themeing of the land, that does make the nostalgic me a little sad; those gas-powered cars were a staple of my amusement park youth, and they are getting harder and harder to find. The electric ones are much nicer---quieter and fume-free---and so I totally understand why a park would install them instead of gas, but they just don't *feel* the same.

The inevitable march of progress I suppose. Certainly would be a net win for MK.

Walt_Disney

the most interesting thing i read on there was the very last paragraph where it says that last week they were using heigh balloons in the old 20k area... this is a sure sign of something big going there soon.

and for those those of you who say seamscap and other sites,such as mice age, or jim hill are all full of crap, you shouldn't be talking, b/c this site has lots of false rumors too so just b/c this site maybe the most popular one, doesnt mean you have to always be putting down rumors started on other sites!

ToTBellHop

the most interesting thing i read on there was the very last paragraph where it says that last week they were using heigh balloons in the old 20k area... this is a sure sign of something big going there soon.

and for those those of you who say seamscap and other sites,such as mice age, or jim hill are all full of crap, you shouldn't be talking, b/c this site has lots of false rumors too so just b/c this site maybe the most popular one, doesnt mean you have to always be putting down rumors started on other sites!
I don't think anyone will try to deny they were testing with height balloons being Pooh's Play Place...if there are eye-witness accounts, that probably is the case. It doesn't mean that anything will be coming in the very near future, it just means that at least one of the projects they are considering for that plot is a major E-Ticket...which we already knew. That said, it is good to know there is finally some talk about a major addition to the MK.

bayoutinkbelle

A HM refurb can't come soon enough, IMHO. The audio was pathetic a few weeks ago when I visited. :( I'll be very happy to hear the actual dates since HM is one of my favorites.

mikesoccer40

Well Needed

At this time any updating/improvement/repairing to the animatroics, sound system, coverings, screens, general appearance would be an improvement over the present state of the ride.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the ride and don't really find anything all that wrong with it except that it has some age showing.

ToTBellHop

At this time any updating/improvement/repairing to the animatroics, sound system, coverings, screens, general appearance would be an improvement over the present state of the ride.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the ride and don't really find anything all that wrong with it except that it has some age showing.
some age showing? King Tutankhamun is looking more youthful. The HM needs more than a few hundred Botox injections at this point...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

the problem with this statement is that rumors posted on those sites are by the site creators or people that are presumably "in the know" that post articles. on this site, rumors are posted/created by people like you and me, not the by the site itself (in the left column on the homepage). cant really compare since they are 2 different types of sites.

dxwwf3

That said, it is good to know there is finally some talk about a major addition to the MK.

That's the understatement of the day. And these rehabs can't come soon enough as well. Good to hear that the park is getting some well needed attention. Just because it's still the most visited park, doesn't mean it doesn't need some help.

Just because it's still the most visited park, doesn't mean it doesn't need some help.

indeed. how about the fact that since it is the most visited park, it needs to have the most work and attention. you would think that with mk itself being so popular that they would want to keep it in peak condition.

i understand not wanting to close things down alot for rehabs but lets all face it- sometimes just a coat of paint goes a long way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom