HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

I know there is mini mal overlap between guests who visit the stateside parks and those that visit the international parks (with a potential footnote for Western Europeans visiting both WDW and DLP) but even so do we really need a 4th arendelle

3 as it is is probably too many and Is only saved by the fact that fantasy spring isn’t fully arendelle

Supersnow84

The Frozen area will probably be hurt the most. The scale and forced perspective of the castle and mountain will look off next to the ̶u̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶ hotel.
Agree here, I feel like fantasy springs is going to come out “messy but so big and opulent you kinda forget the land is messy”

Chef idea Mickey`=

HDL looks like Frozen around and after the first film based by the village noted architecture and secondary color to the castle. The TDS looks like to me it will appear as right in the first film at the very beginning of For The First The First Time in Forever how it's setup in the concept.

Timothy_Q

Agree here, I feel like fantasy springs is going to come out “messy but so big and opulent you kinda forget the land is messy”
Ugly hotel notwithstanding, I don't see what about 3 european fairy tales coexisting is "messy"?

This is just a bigger better version of MK's new fantasyland where each story has its own area but they're still connected to each other

Chef idea Mickey`=

I mean I kinda find new fantasyland messy as well so I guess that comes down to a difference in opinion

How would you make New Fantasyland not or less messy? The question will lead to which World of Arendelle becomes the best looking in atmosphere not based on it's experience. For now it's HDL but who knows with Paris and Tokyo!

Robbiem

Ugly hotel notwithstanding, I don't see what about 3 european fairy tales coexisting is "messy"?

This is just a bigger better version of MK's new fantasyland where each story has its own area but they're still connected to each other

I think the theme of Fantasy Springs is messy compared to the other ports which all have a definite sense of place rather than the more generic areas of the castle parks.

As others have said I think a Scandanavian port would have meshed better than the fantasyland with waterfalls we are going to get. I would have preferred port frozen and maybe a moana south seas area or a pirate area to continue the seas theme but I’ll hold off judgement until it opens

Chef idea Mickey`=

I know there is mini mal overlap between guests who visit the stateside parks and those that visit the international parks (with a potential footnote for Western Europeans visiting both WDW and DLP) but even so do we really need a 4th arendelle

3 as it is is probably too many and Is only saved by the fact that fantasy spring isn’t fully arendelle

Frozen is a major staple stamp to the Disney company. If Paris and Hong Kong and/or Tokyo were getting Galaxy's Edge instead it would made something exclusive worth going venturing out to those parks way more. Disney World and Disneyland is not getting the success that Harry Potter had with Universal and the only Land that shines in the states right now is Avatar in Animal Kingdom.

Timothy_Q

As others have said I think a Scandanavian port would have meshed better than the fantasyland with waterfalls we are going to get. I would have preferred port frozen and maybe a moana south seas area or a pirate area to continue the seas theme but I’ll hold off judgement until it opens
I fully believe the expansion pad where the Scandinavian port would've gone will eventually be used for a South Pacific / Moana port down the line.

Considering how intent Disney is on adding Moana to the parks, and what an obvious choice she is for DisneySea

No Name

Sliding Sleighs is the junior coaster that HKDL was missing. The fact that it's beautifully themed shouldn't be a knock against it.
The problem with the theming is you can’t tell how short it is, so yeah, that’s kind of a valid knock against it. With Barnstormer you can see the whole track so there’s no surprise when it’s over in like 15 seconds. Even Seven Dwarfs Mine train, which dwarfs this coaster in length, surprises people with how short it is. I think the length will be an issue.

Still better than the original plan.

Supersnow84

The problem with the theming is you can’t tell how short it is, so yeah, that’s kind of a valid knock against it. With Barnstormer you can see the whole track so there’s no surprise when it’s over in like 15 seconds. Even Seven Dwarfs Mine train, which dwarfs this coaster in length, surprises people with how short it is. I think the length will be an issue.

Still better than the original plan.
It’s definitely better than the original plan but I also agree that I think people are going to be shocked/annoyed at just how short the ride actually is (not that not having it would be a better idea though)

As for the “it’s the junior coaster HK needed that I more disagree on, HK ride for ride the castle park most favourable to young children, it really only has 3 thrill rides; one of which is explicitly designed as a “thrills ride for kids” and another is the calmest version of the 5 rides it attempts to imitate

If anything like we have collectively discussed the park needs a mega E ticket and it needs to have a more adult focus to bring the suite of older designed attractions from 4(5) (mystic manor, big grizzly, space mountain iron man experience and debatably jungle cruise) up to 5(6) so the park is a full day experience for all ages, not just parents with kids who waste 3/4 of a day on dumbo and the carrousel

Supersnow84

How would you make New Fantasyland not or less messy? The question will lead to which World of Arendelle becomes the best looking in atmosphere not based on its experience. For now it's HDL but who knows with Paris and Tokyo!
I don’t really like the idea of 3 random Disney properties being thrown together with a vague “it’s the forest behind Cinderella’s castle”, on top of this the position of 7DMT makes the land feel like it’s got no cohesion because you have to walk all the way around it to get anywhere

I feel like the land should tell you why it exists and what it’s doing, i don’t feel like new fantasyland does that

As for which frozen ends up feeling the best I think Paris is out of the running since HK is just Paris but better, but it remains to be seen if Tokyo passes HK

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I don’t really like the idea of 3 random Disney properties being thrown together with a vague “it’s the forest behind Cinderella’s castle”, on top of this the position of 7DMT makes the land feel like it’s got no cohesion because you have to walk all the way around it to get anywhere

I feel like the land should tell you why it exists and what it’s doing, i don’t feel like new fantasyland does that

As for which frozen ends up feeling the best I think Paris is out of the running since HK is just Paris but better, but it remains to be seen if Tokyo passes HK
OLC does what it wants to do, and usually their decisions and results are better than Disney’s. It will all piece together soon enough.

Supersnow84

OLC does what it wants to do, and usually their decisions and results are better than Disney’s. It will all piece together soon enough.
OLC I agree tends to put in enough money and effort that even some more “interesting” decisions come out well enough which is why I’m reserving judgment for when it actually opens

Like new fantasyland if Disney itself proposed the same thing if they owned TDS we’d probably be looking at “middling to poor” so OLC is the wildcard here

PymParty

First look at the inside of Golden Crocus Inn (the quick service restaurant of WOF) taken during an event for the CMs working in the land.

382980960_690867076410988_2123471773654518802_n.jpg

382936648_690867223077640_8146020803454678587_n.jpg
383006863_690867093077653_3581269032911937345_n.jpg
383824652_690867066410989_1478815901015917886_n.jpg

Source : Magic Post

()

disney.dreams

So soft openings when…?
cast member’s friends, family previews and annual pass holders previews begin in coming weeks, so we can expect more footages and maybe more feedbacks for the rides themselves

personally i’m quite curious on the playhouse in the woods, its probably a bit similar to the small frozen show in paris i guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom