Hitchhiking Ghosts?

Sumshine 904

Original Poster
I went on the Haunted Mansion earlier today, and I noticed that they were completely animated. There was also a black tarp or something covering the mirror/window they usually appeared in, with the ghosts just roaming down towards the exit.

I've skimmed over a rumored thread the other day about them changing up the ghosts, but I didn't think they'd actually be gone when I went this trip. May I ask what they're doing, or plan on doing? Will they be back soon?

Captain Hank

I went on the Haunted Mansion earlier today, and I noticed that they were completely animated. There was also a black tarp or something covering the mirror/window they usually appeared in, with the ghosts just roaming down towards the exit.

I've skimmed over a rumored thread the other day about them changing up the ghosts, but I didn't think they'd actually be gone when I went this trip. May I ask what they're doing, or plan on doing? Will they be back soon?
Details and timelines are still a little sketchy at the moment. What you saw *should* only be a temporary placeholder for what is rumored to be a much improved effect.

Sumshine 904

Original Poster
Details and timelines are still a little sketchy at the moment. What you saw *should* only be a temporary placeholder for what is rumored to be a much improved effect.

That's what I thought, I didn't think Disney would be so cheap as to put up something Nemo and Friends-esque near the end without a good reason (then again, they had a whole room dedicated to plastic spiders and cobwebs before the major refurb).

I really liked how animated they were when you first see them shaking their thumbs, that aught to be a good omen for the future. Hopefully.

Also, I would have recorded it on my video camera, but I hadn't been expecting it and therefore did not record. I may try doing so next time I'm at the park, either Saturday or Sunday. No guarentees though.

DisneyGator

I saw it when I was there on Tuesday and was also surprised--I had heard that it was coming as well, but not already in progress....that being said, it looks like it will be pretty cool. I really liked how vibrant the ghosts were and I thought the animation was well done too. I can't wait to see when it's done!!

imagineer boy

So why are they making all of these enhancements to the HM? I think its really great as it is especially after the last refurb, where other attractions like POTC could really use some genuine upgrades.

El-Fuego

Brave New World

Ahh change! It's part of life and yet so many seem to struggle with it. The good news is that when people go to the lengths of spending money in Disney on a major attraction it bodes well. I find it difficult to believe this will be nothing short of an improvement and look forward as I do with all new and improved attractions to judging it for myself when it's done.

Disney is about hope and imagination not doom and gloom. I have not been on a holiday anywhere in the world (and I have travelled extensively) where I have been so entertained and so well looked after as I have been in WDW. IMO these people are the best in the world at what they do and I would rather trust that they are working for our best interests and not setting out to disappoint.

imagineer boy

Ahh change! It's part of life and yet so many seem to struggle with it. The good news is that when people go to the lengths of spending money in Disney on a major attraction it bodes well. I find it difficult to believe this will be nothing short of an improvement and look forward as I do with all new and improved attractions to judging it for myself when it's done.

Disney is about hope and imagination not doom and gloom. I have not been on a holiday anywhere in the world (and I have travelled extensively) where I have been so entertained and so well looked after as I have been in WDW. IMO these people are the best in the world at what they do and I would rather trust that they are working for our best interests and not setting out to disappoint.

All I'm saying is why do they have to spend so much money on an attraction that is already fantastic as it is, and use it for other things that need it more like the lackluster after-refurb POTC and other attractions.

I'm not saying these changes to the HM are going to be bad, I'm keeping an open mind for now, but they just seem a tad unnecessary.

El-Fuego

Look to the future

All I'm saying is why do they have to spend so much money on an attraction that is already fantastic as it is, and use it for other things that need it more like the lackluster after-refurb POTC and other attractions.

I'm not saying these changes to the HM are going to be bad, I'm keeping an open mind for now, but they just seem a tad unnecessary.

I agree. I would also love an upgrade to POTC worthy of it's stature however in terms of HM what we might see as unnecessary changes Disney might believe that they are. When ageing tech starts to falter or look old fashioned it's a good time to upgrade.

What kid these days wants an Atari when they could have an Xbox?

WDWFREAK53

I agree. I would also love an upgrade to POTC worthy of it's stature however in terms of HM what we might see as unnecessary changes Disney might believe that they are. When ageing tech starts to falter or look old fashioned it's a good time to upgrade.

What kid these days wants an Atari when they could have an Xbox?

PotC recently had an upgrade...I want an upgrade to The Jungle Cruise!

Imagine animatronics on the level of Ursula. They don't need to be as detailed...but fluid movements would be amazing. (Although, there is a place in my heart for the almost static animatronics that are currently on the Cruise...it adds to the campiness of it).

skimbob

I love HM and I am glad to see them adding to the ride to make it even better. I already like the WDW version more than the DL version. The new queue and changes to the hitchiking ghosts will be awesome.

I also love POTC and would like to see the ride grow in length to match its sister ride in DL. I don't know how much extra space there is available to add on to the current ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom