Hired!

Mikester71

Congrats, man! Tomorrowland would be one of the coolest places to work in WDW, that's for sure! Good luck on getting started and hope it's everything you hoped it would! :)

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking, when did you apply and when did you hear back? :)

I applied July 31.
I took the online interview August 1.
I had my interview appointment August 15.
I was hired August 16.

The interview appointment was scheduled for the Casting Center in florida, however I have contact in Casting who was able to work it out as a phone interview...which was nice, cause I live in Ohio.

wilkeliza

I applied July 31.
I was hired August 16.

The interview appointment was scheduled for the Casting Center in florida, however I have contact in Casting who was able to work it out as a phone interview...which was nice, cause I live in Ohio.

Is 9/23 your start day or your on stage day? If 9/23 is your start day you might want to make sure you have some money saved up before moving. That being because on 9/23 you'll probably have traditions and then 9/24 or 9/25 you'll have your park orientation and then you'll start training and then a week or two later you'll go live on stage all by yourself. I don't know if CPs take longer to get to work than regular CMs but they tell us to expect our first check or two to be rather small while we are doing tradition and training and then it will pick up after that. Just giving you a heads up in case they don't give ya'll that warning as well.

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
Is 9/23 your start day or your on stage day? If 9/23 is your start day you might want to make sure you have some money saved up before moving. That being because on 9/23 you'll probably have traditions and then 9/24 or 9/25 you'll have your park orientation and then you'll start training and then a week or two later you'll go live on stage all by yourself. I don't know if CPs take longer to get to work than regular CMs but they tell us to expect our first check or two to be rather small while we are doing tradition and training and then it will pick up after that. Just giving you a heads up in case they don't give ya'll that warning as well.

Thanks for the info. 9/23 is my traditions day. I'm not sure what date, I start on-stage. I will have money saved up...I'm having a graduation party in the next week (we know how that goes ;))...Also, I'm living with family down there, so my main expense will be driving.

Vii

I applied July 31.
I was hired August 16.

I'm sooo jealous :( I applied for a quick time service position two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. Today I checked my status on the website and my dashboard says I haven't applied for any jobs, wthh? I'm so sad. I really wanna work there!!

wiigirl

Congrats!! :)
75.gif

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
I'm sooo jealous :( I applied for a quick time service position two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. Today I checked my status on the website and my dashboard says I haven't applied for any jobs, wthh? I'm so sad. I really wanna work there!!

Usually, after you apply they'll send you an e-mail to take an online web-based interview. Did you receive that?
If not, the application probably wasn't completed or there was a technical glitch on their end. If you did received it, I think you have 48-72 hours to complete it, otherwise they ignore the application.

Vii

Usually, after you apply they'll send you an e-mail to take an online web-based interview. Did you receive that?
If not, the application probably wasn't completed or there was a technical glitch on their end. If you did received it, I think you have 48-72 hours to complete it, otherwise they ignore the application.

I called and they said it was a glitch. I still see 'pending review' :/ And no, I didn't receive any kind of online interview.. and I check my email daily! They just posted the SAME position that I applied for a month ago, on 9/7/2012. If they need people to fill the position, why not contact people that have already applied?? :(

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
I would call and let them know: 1) that you have applied and that you are interested in what the "next steps" may be. 2) Let them know that you expected to receive an e-mail to complete a web-based interview and such e-mail has not yet been received. And 3) Express enthusiasm for the position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom