Highschool Musical news

dandaman

I think a(n?) HSM show would benefit me greatly.

Gives me an excuse to put my sister in an enclosed space for her OWN enjoyment :D :lookaroun

IF there's even one going in, please let it be in MGM. Tomorrowland doesn't need this! :brick:

WDWparadetech1

O man, if there is no Fly rail system...then I'm not sure what can be done...that's definately 1 against that theatre. Hopefully the set will be simple, and if it's in the daytime, the lighting won't be such a big deal, but sorry you have to work with a crappy board, that's never fun.

Does ABC TV Theatre have a fly system?

YEAH

1 BAR OR MAYBE 3

WDWparadetech1

All the shows I had seen in that theater had no need for fly-space or an advanced lighting console. I haven't seen the film (I might rent it... :lookaroun ), but from what I am gathering there is no real need for an advanced set. It could just be a gym and EVERYTHING can take place there. Considering it's most likely just going to be Song, Song, Song, Song, Song in nature... I see no reason for too much effort.

I was not talking about a high tech board. The one we have now is a manuel board. It would be nice to have a programmable board.

Miss Bell

Actually, I know for a fact that a version of High School Musical will not be going into any of the Disney parks. There will be regional theatres and schools allowed to put on this show and there MAY be a touring cast one day in the future, but I will say with 100% assurance that there will not be a stage version in the parks. Sorry.

I was surpised to see fliers in my daughter's high school advertising auditions. I guess they're going to be one of the schools allowed to put the show on. I had read in our local newspaper that "Austin High School" had gotten permission to do it; maybe they meant an Austin high school.

Musical

I don't know if any one has mentioned this but I have heard about, a high school musical themed traveling show that would come out in a car and perform a short set. I don't remeber were it was slated to be but I can look and check tommorrow. I also saw some info on a new Woodys Round-Up show in frontierland, that looks like it will replace hoe down.

I might be the only one, but I really don't care about themes when it comes to shows, I am just so excited to see some more live entertainment put back into the parks. Like it used to be, I hope with this and nemo, maybe things are heading back to that way.

PLUTIS

Okay, so this is going to sound weird, but I'd have to say there's something about High School Musical that's just addicting. My 7 year old neice brought it over one night to watch and I think I've watched it at least....ummmm...10 times since. I'd have to agree with the person who said it's just a modern version of Grease...but then again, I loved Grease. hehe.

One thing I will say is that going to Disney is all about the experience and if the craze of High School Musical is popular amongst kids and adults (me included) alike then I say put it on a stage and bring smiles to everyone's faces. Having it there certainly wouldn't ruin the experience of having NOTHING there to begin with. And I say, if you don't want to stay and watch, well I'm sure you can find something else to do somewhere right? I mean it's not like we're limited with options of fun stuff to do in Disney.

GenieGirl

It is going to happen when the Dreams event begins. The frontierland hoedown is becoming Woody's Roundup and they are adding a Royal Training Academy. If HSM fits in Tomorrowland or not or is appropriate or not is all kind of moot, as that is where it is going. The stage has been used for high school music groups who do MMD's, so why not a High School pep rally as well??? And I agree that tomorrowland is for the kids who have outgrown fantasyland, so lets put in things to attract them to the area....boys AND girls.....

lightboy

I was not talking about a high tech board. The one we have now is a manuel board. It would be nice to have a programmable board.

Whoa sorry bud, don't know who you are, but you are grossly mistaken...

The board at Galaxy is an ETC Expression. That IS a programmable board. It is not a manual board by any means. You can write a cue, a cuestack, and change pages just as easily as you can on a Wholehog. That is also an old, BUT very advanced board. Some Broadway shows still use ETC Expressions. For Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas, that same ETC Expression runs the Studio Spots (moving lights) for the entire show and has ZERO problems doing it. It is primarily a conventional lighting console, but has no problem programming moving lights. It's just a bit more difficult..

ETC Expressions and the smaller Express consoles are used all around property in more shows than I care to count...

And Disney has put on GREAT shows at Galaxy without using fly space. A new state-of-the-art theatre would cost millions and millions of dollars. I'd rather see them use what they have...

polynesiangirl

Yikes. This just sounds like a bad idea to me. Tomorrowland = not the place for this. And, OK, I know I'm not in the target demographic here (married woman in my 20s) but the whole thing is SUCH a fad. The kids who *are* in the key demographic are going to outgrow this in like, a week from now. It just bugs me when I can so blatantly hear the KA-CHING of the cash register for Disney, heh. :animwink:

wdwishes2005

I agree polynesian, fads change so rapidly why waste the money on something that will be unpopular in a few years *cough*sounds dangerous*cough* *cough*SGE*cough*

MMP

I think it's good to do shows that follow the trends of the time, when the trends die they can just do a new show, shows should be updated often anyway. It isn't like they're building a whole attraction around the movie. And once again, nothing that goes on in the Tommorow Land theatre has ever matched the theme.
And is it such a crime for Disney to make money off of popular shows and movies? They're a company, they have to sustain themselves, they aren't a charitable foundation.

Legacy

I agree polynesian, fads change so rapidly why waste the money on something that will be unpopular in a few years *cough*sounds dangerous*cough* *cough*SGE*cough*
But parades like Aladin's Royal Caravan and the Mulan parade are fine?

It's easier to install a show to captiolize on the moment than an entire attraction.

polynesiangirl

I think it's good to do shows that follow the trends of the time, when the trends die they can just do a new show, shows should be updated often anyway. It isn't like they're building a whole attraction around the movie. And once again, nothing that goes on in the Tommorow Land theatre has ever matched the theme.
And is it such a crime for Disney to make money off of popular shows and movies? They're a company, they have to sustain themselves, they aren't a charitable foundation.

Oh, I know they have to make money - actually I'm usually one of the folks saying, "So what *should* they do? Never increase prices, ever? Never add new things?" I was really just venting more or less. And putting it in an existing venue would be infinitely better than, say, building a whole area around it, or whatever. I guess a lot of my irritation comes from my disdain for most things Disney Channel. :lol: Just really gets under my skin sometimes! :rolleyes:

disney1266

Everyone has their own opinion of High School Musical. I am a parent of 2 daughters (9 & 13 yrs) whom LOVE the movie. (Maybe that's why High School Musical 2 is in production now). In addition, love to dance to the moves. Maybe the Tomorrowland Theatre isn't the "place" for this attraction. Then why is the Finding Nemo theatre production being built in Animal Kingdom??? Go figure?? Maybe it should take the place of Cinderellabration in front of the Castle.:lol:

Children these days need something to do to keep them out of trouble. Too many children fall victim to this and end up "on the wrong side of the tracks". More kids should start dancing and doing extracurricular activites, instead of getting in trouble with the law. :sohappy:

JROK

I think it'll be a great seasonal show to cut down on crowds and also give something for us Annual Passholders who are getting tired of waiting 60+min to ride Space Mountain every weekend... I'm ready to get peppy for the High School Musical Pep Rally! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom