Highest Paid Cast Member

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If we're talking resort-wide, I imagine though the highest paid CMs would be working at Grand Floridian in a managerial position.

Specifically... the Maitre d at V&A...I've done a "Ben" before without a res. - It worked for me.

It may not always....I'm sure I'm not the first......but.......Ben and Ulysses...usually work. - Andrew is pot luck.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Back when I did the College Program, I was of the understanding that pay was pretty much the same regardless of what attraction you work and was based more on how long you've worked for Disney. (Pay goes up the longer you've been employed I think).

If we're talking resort-wide, I imagine though the highest paid CMs would be working at Grand Floridian in a managerial position.

Congratulations on partying HARD during that college program...it shows

FettFan

Curious who you think is the highest paid cast member at WDW? I was thinking maybe one of the leads in a major show (Lion King, Nemo, Frozen, etc.). Has to have interactions with the guests to be eligible

In that case, it would have been Marty Sklar before his passing. Nowadays...I don't know, maybe Joe Rohde?

And yes, senior Imagineering staff are considered as "cast members" by TWDC.

Kamikaze

In that case, it would have been Marty Sklar before his passing. Nowadays...I don't know, maybe Joe Rohde?

And yes, senior Imagineering staff are considered as "cast members" by TWDC.

But not WDW CMs, specifically. They also don't make more than the VP/Pres of the resort.

spacemtnfanatic

I remember them telling us on the Keys to the Kingdom tour it was Tinkerbelle (the one that flies from the castle) and the fire knife dancers (luau & Festival of the Lion King) because of the hazard pay. Interesting about the Ariel fact from Fantasmic.

Logic would say this would be accurate. But WDW payscale logic doesn't. For the work they are doing, they are paid pennies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The long and short of it is that the upper management does really well...

The middle managers are below industry standards and rather logjammed from advancement.

And the hourlies start slow and get increases based on length of service with top outs -Generally speaking.

Enjoy the magic, everyone.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The long and short of it is that the upper management does really well...

The middle managers are below industry standards and rather logjammed from advancement.

And the hourlies start slow and get increases based on length of service with top outs -Generally speaking.

Enjoy the magic, everyone.
I make my own magic. But when I don't have my gear with me, I've been known to buy it from time to time.

mj2v

Some of the top salespeople for dvc make a killing. More than many vps.

They also have to be incredibly good to accomplish this.

bingie

Back in the first days of the DDP the bill had gratuity included; this was the time when it included an appetizer, entree, dessert and specialty drink. It was no trouble for some servers to pull in > $1000 a week in tips.... which is more than their co-workers in attractions/merch (they did get paid a paltry $4 an hour though "tipped wage")

Serve friends at Le Cellier would encourage the more expensive items.

A guest's bill could be $10 (app) + $26 (entree) + $7 (dessert) + $4 (non-alcoholic glow cube sugar drink) = $47 x 4 guests at the table = $188 for the table. With a minimum of 4 tables in each section = $752 per turn and attempting 3 turns = $2,25 total gross revenue.

If half the guests were on the DDP that's $200 in auto-gratuity at 18% ( the DDP as it was only $37.99 back then per person - and sometimes free... plus, tables also had kids that didn't each that much). Some guests still tipped even though the gratuity was included.

It was a good time. They made more than their managers. Not bad for a dinner shift from 3:30 to 9:30.

No wonder they discontinued the auto gratuity in 2008.

(thanks wayback machine for the 2006 menu prices and WOW have they increased in 12 years)

DisneyGigi

Back in the first days of the DDP the bill had gratuity included; this was the time when it included an appetizer, entree, dessert and specialty drink. It was no trouble for some servers to pull in > $1000 a week in tips.... which is more than their co-workers in attractions/merch (they did get paid a paltry $4 an hour though "tipped wage")

Serve friends at Le Cellier would encourage the more expensive items.

A guest's bill could be $10 (app) + $26 (entree) + $7 (dessert) + $4 (non-alcoholic glow cube sugar drink) = $47 x 4 guests at the table = $188 for the table. With a minimum of 4 tables in each section = $752 per turn and attempting 3 turns = $2,25 total gross revenue.

If half the guests were on the DDP that's $200 in auto-gratuity at 18% ( the DDP as it was only $37.99 back then per person - and sometimes free... plus, tables also had kids that didn't each that much). Some guests still tipped even though the gratuity was included.

It was a good time. They made more than their managers. Not bad for a dinner shift from 3:30 to 9:30.

No wonder they discontinued the auto gratuity in 2008.

(thanks wayback machine for the 2006 menu prices and WOW have they increased in 12 years)
See, I was always afraid Disney wouldn’t give them the whole tip so I always left 10 cash on top of the tip included with the dining plan. I just felt crappy not leaving anything. If they did get it all they certainly did well with us. Good for them though! Very rare (I can count on one hand) that we had less than stellar service.

bingie

See, I was always afraid Disney wouldn’t give them the whole tip so I always left 10 cash on top of the tip included with the dining plan. I just felt crappy not leaving anything. If they did get it all they certainly did well with us. Good for them though! Very rare (I can count on one hand) that we had less than stellar service.

Sorry - forgot to mention. They did tip out the food runners, kitchen and bartender as well.

Raineman

What is the minimum wage in Florida? Here in Ontario, Canada the minimum wage is currently $14/hr CAD ($10.70 USD) and will be increasing to $15/hr CAD ($11.47 USD) in January. From what I've seen on this forum, most CMs get much less than that. Of course, Disney could pay them more, but even paying them a decent minimum should give them a somewhat livable wage, especially considering the no income tax law in Florida and a low sales tax on everything they purchase.

HMFan999

The majority of CMs are part of Disney's college and career start programs. These positions are technically "internships" which gives Disney a legal loophole and allows them to pay these workers below minimum wage.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
What is the minimum wage in Florida? Here in Ontario, Canada the minimum wage is currently $14/hr CAD ($10.70 USD) and will be increasing to $15/hr CAD ($11.47 USD) in January. From what I've seen on this forum, most CMs get much less than that. Of course, Disney could pay them more, but even paying them a decent minimum should give them a somewhat livable wage, especially considering the no income tax law in Florida and a low sales tax on everything they purchase.

Maybe if they live on the street like some CMs do, or if they elect to not have families and all board together. There's just no way that anyone can establish themselves and survive on $10/hr on their own here in Orlando. There's a reason so many CMs live in their cars on hotel row in Kissimmee, they're not paid enough to live anywhere else.

Not having income tax is slightly helpful, but when studio apartments start at $1200 a month not paying a few dollars in tax out of every check becomes largely irrelevant. Part time employees even working 30 hours a week wouldn't be able to afford a studio apartment on $10/hr.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom