Highest Paid Cast Member

TheDowntownDino

Original Poster
Curious who you think is the highest paid cast member at WDW? I was thinking maybe one of the leads in a major show (Lion King, Nemo, Frozen, etc.). Has to have interactions with the guests to be eligible

pluto77

Back when I was a CM the rumor was that the tinkerbell who flew before the fireworks was extremely well paid due to hazard pay.
It’s not just a rumor, she is one of two characters that get hazard pay. The other one is Ariel in Fantasmic! After the boat with all of
the characters go by, all of them have to run to one side of the boat for shelter from the fireworks. They don’t have time to move Ariel though, so the other characters just put a bag over her and leave her when the fireworks go off. My Aunt took the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and I think she said that they said those 2 get a full day’s pay for the one appearance they make (someone can correct me if I’m wrong about how it works exactly, but I do know they both get hazard pay).

Kamikaze

highest paid cast member at WDW?

George Kalogridis

Thats if you don't include Bob Chapek who as Chairman of P&R can technically be considered a WDW CM. Kalogridis is definitely the highest paid CM that is stationed at WDW, though.

If you're talking non-executive level, then I would probably start with people that have been there for the longest.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All I know is the pavilion is being looked at now to return to being a guest facility and not an event building / storeroom.
It’s not just a rumor, she is one of two characters that get hazard pay. The other one is Ariel in Fantasmic! After the boat with all of
the characters go by, all of them have to run to one side of the boat for shelter from the fireworks. They don’t have time to move Ariel though, so the other characters just put a bag over her and leave her when the fireworks go off. My Aunt took the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and I think she said that they said those 2 get a full day’s pay for the one appearance they make (someone can correct me if I’m wrong about how it works exactly, but I do know they both get hazard pay).
OMG, there has got to be a "bag over her head" joke in there somewhere. :hilarious:
It’s more than a bag. It’s a fireproof hood that covers the whole person.

Sit extreme stage right and you can see it being fitted in the shadows.

Goofyernmost

So a full body prophylactic?
I almost included a picture from the Naked Gun series, but, then thought better of it.
Yes, Martin, I knew what you were talking about.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So a full body prophylactic?
I almost included a picture from the Naked Gun series, but, then thought better of it.
Yes, Martin, I knew what you were talking about.
8945ED61-A527-43D3-9AFE-819A22AB4199.jpeg

Tavernacle12

If it’s so dangerous to have Ariel in that position, is there a reason they haven’t swapped her mermaid fins for the aqua dress costume? Tinkerbelle’s appearance is a classic but I’m surprised they leave Ariel like that, it seems unnecessary (though probably great for the cast member).

toonaspie

Back when I did the College Program, I was of the understanding that pay was pretty much the same regardless of what attraction you work and was based more on how long you've worked for Disney. (Pay goes up the longer you've been employed I think).

If we're talking resort-wide, I imagine though the highest paid CMs would be working at Grand Floridian in a managerial position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom