Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Epcot has a substantial bus terminal, in addition to the monorail and ground service for a fee. WS has a Skyway and boat service to DHS.

The bus loading area could be significantly reduced if some get their way. The boats cannot go anywhere else.

You know, we really should be thinking more futuristic here. I heard that scientists were already working on a rudimentary teleportation system. Perfect system for Disney to be an early adopter on. They could shuttle people around the resort nearly instantaneously. What are your thoughts around that?

jt04

What is a hub? As in, which one?

You said the Epcot monorail station. That literally is the station at the Epcot gates. No semblance of a hub.

The TTC is kind of a hub, except no resort buses go there. For resort guests it’s the monorail interchange between the MK loop and the Epcot loop.

I don’t know where to start. This is pure fantasy JT.

1. Parking fees at the resorts for overnight guests is here to stay. That has literally not come up in our discussion to date and has nothing to do with the point in hand.

I assumed you were talking about the limitations to non-resort guests to park at resorts right now, without an ADR. That is not here to stay. They want guests to visit resorts.

2. If they make the monorail only for resort guests, how do people get from the TTC to MK if the ferry can’t run?

3. They are not going to stop offsite guests from getting around WDW.

In the early days of WDW, when there was only MK, you had to have a ticket to ride the monorail. That was even before your last visit.

4. I have to quote this again.

You’ve admitted before the last time you visited was when thee was only MK.

Please explain in what way you think your suggestions will “improve the convenience” of getting around? You literally have to jump on a bus, monorail, boat or skyliner. There is nothing “more convenient” about having to scan to do so and be stuck at a gate when someone is denied entry.

Who said they want to stop guest's from getting around? Especially after they have paid the parking fees.

nickys

Premium Member
Epcot has a substantial bus terminal, in addition to the monorail and ground service for a fee. WS has a Skyway and boat service to DHS.
All parks have a bus terminal.

What ground service are you talking about?

And it can hardly be a hub if you need to walk about half a mile through the park to reach the Skyliner. Plus of course have a park hopper ticket, otherwise there would be no point in going to DHS.

Almost no one with any sense would go to the Epcot front entrance to get to DHS:
- if you’re driving, just drive to DHS
- if you’re an onsite guest, take the bus to DHS
- if you’re offsite, go direct to DHS

jt04

You said the Epcot monorail station. That literally is the station at the Epcot gates. No semblance of a hub.

The TTC is kind of a hub, except no resort buses go there. For resort guests it’s the monorail interchange between the MK loop and the Epcot loop.

1. Parking fees at the resorts for overnight guests is here to stay. That has literally not come up in our discussion to date and has nothing to do with the point in hand.

I assumed you were talking about the limitations to non-resort guests to park at resorts right now, without an ADR. That is not here to stay. They want guests to visit resorts.

2. If they make the monorail only for resort guests, how do people get from the TTC to MK if the ferry can’t run?

In the early days of WDW, when there was only MK, you had to have a ticket to ride the monorail. That was even before your last visit.

Please explain in what way you think your suggestions will “improve the convenience” of getting around? You literally have to jump on a bus, monorail, boat or skyliner. There is nothing “more convenient” about having to scan to do so and be stuck at a gate when someone is denied entry.

To point #3...

Some people are under the impression WDW has to offer all of the transportation options free. History shows this is not true and can be adjusted as circumstances change. See Minnie Vans.

nickys

Premium Member
You said barriers would be removed once social distancing was relaxed.
No I didn’t!

What I said was that when you drive up to a resort now, as in post Covid times, if you don’t have an ADR they turn you away at the barriers to the parking lots. Those barriers have been there for years and aren’t going anywhere.
When they can freely allow lots of people to mill about resorts they will allow people in to park and visit the resort.

nickys

Premium Member
Who said they want to stop guest's from getting around? Especially after they have paid the parking fees.
Well didn’t you say they wouldn’t be allowed to unless they were staying at an onsite resort. That’s why you were having them install gates and have people scan in, wasn’t it?

jt04

Please back up your claims with quotes.

Disney already has control access to many options. Adding things like scanners, color coded signage etc. is already a practice guests have no problem adapting to. Just think about driving to the mk from the main gate on. Many many steps. And yet it works.

jt04

Well didn’t you say they wouldn’t be allowed to unless they were staying at an onsite resort. That’s why you were having them install gates and have people scan in, wasn’t it?

Only park to park or direct from park to DS. RiF.

jt04

All parks have a bus terminal.

What ground service are you talking about?

And it can hardly be a hub if you need to walk about half a mile through the park to reach the Skyliner. Plus of course have a park hopper ticket, otherwise there would be no point in going to DHS.

Almost no one with any sense would go to the Epcot front entrance to get to DHS:
- if you’re driving, just drive to DHS
- if you’re an onsite guest, take the bus to DHS
- if you’re offsite, go direct to DHS

Minnie Vans, Taxis, Mears, Uber, Lyft.

Many people park at Epcot or the Studios knowing they will be using available transport services to visit the other park.

For instance people park at Epcot, work their way over to DHS first because they know they will end their day back at Epcot. Simple.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Disney already has control access to many options. Adding things like scanners, color coded signage etc. is already a practice guests have no problem adapting to. Just think about driving to the mk from the main gate on. Many many steps. And yet it works.

Oh, by all means, you get to go first. You said there are renderings for things in this thread. Team Disney is run down. Please back up your claims before asking others to do the same, because you’ve been asked hundreds of times but have never backed up your blather.

Dozens of people can post recent pictures of things in and around the parks that they personally took. If you can do the same, please do so before asking someone else to provide proof.

nickys

Premium Member

Which claims?

This is where you mentioned restricting access to resorts:

They have already limited resort parking to non-guests. Same was true with Minnie Vans. Consider it a trend that may have further iterations. Just fun speculation.

You were half correct: Guests staying at resorts pay to park overnight. Guests visiting for ADRs or to look at resort decorations at Christmas, for example, do not pay. So more “pay to stay” than “pay to play”.

But there are no resort fees as such at Disney owned resorts.

Then you talk about a “second tier” transportation system. About the monorail being only for resort guests or a transport pass. But at times, when the ferry can’t run people parking at the attic must use the monorail to get to MK. There is no bus.

And then you mention installing gates and scanning in to board forms of transport (you missed out boats).

I have thought about this. First, pay to play at the resorts predates the closure. Guarantee it is permanent. Too many people figured out the loophole which was not fair to guests paying top dollar for their stays (including resort fees).

Second, I would not be surprised at all if a second tier transportation system was implemented eventually. The App opens up tremendous opportunities for value added features to incentive people to book on property and stay on property. Mickey likes that.

Wouldn't at all be suprised, for instance, if someday the monorail is only available for guests staying on site or have a premium transportation pass. There was a time transportation was a separate fee. And now there are tons of alternate choices for day guests. Many being much faster to the originals.

Again, all speculation.

It would be rather easy to add gates to the monorail, skyway, and park to park or park to DS bus slots. Just scan the app on your phone or magic band.

I'd be compelled to stay on property much more with such convenience.

jt04

I've eaten a few years ago at Boma/ AK lodge while not staying on Disney property. I just tell the security guard at AK lodge I'm having breakfast and he waves me through.

The App is watching and will adjust algorithms at its choosing.

jt04

Which claims?

This is where you mentioned restricting access to resorts:

You were half correct: Guests staying at resorts pay to park overnight. Guests visiting for ADRs or to look at resort decorations at Christmas, for example, do not pay. So more “pay to stay” than “pay to play”.

But there are no resort fees as such at Disney owned resorts.

Then you talk about a “second tier” transportation system. About the monorail being only for resort guests or a transport pass. But at times, when the ferry can’t run people parking at the attic must use the monorail to get to MK. There is no bus.

And then you mention installing gates and scanning in to board forms of transport (you missed out boats).

One topic at a time please.

jt04

Oh, by all means, you get to go first. You said there are renderings for things in this thread. Team Disney is run down. Please back up your claims before asking others to do the same, because you’ve been asked hundreds of times but have never backed up your blather.

Dozens of people can post recent pictures of things in and around the parks that they personally took. If you can do the same, please do so before asking someone else to provide proof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom