Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
I think Disney (or another reliable source) has indicated something could be located near the Orange garage. And land is available there just across the road.

People are confusing the proposed I-4 Brightline stop with an on property hub. Two different animals.
How will people get from the Brightline station to the Transportation Hub?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Are you suggesting people would use Disney Springs for airport parking? Not a trick question, just wondering what your concern is.
Don't they tow left cars at the end of the night?

This will also put a strain on the infrastructure in the area. They need to ensure that the entrance and exit for the station is away from DS otherwise the improvements they made will be for nothing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

This will also put a strain on the infrastructure in the area. They need to ensure that the entrance and exit for the station is away from DS otherwise the improvements they made will be for nothing.

Nope. JT, who is our resident expert on all things WDW-related, has said “Ramps and such” will be able to handle and spread out the traffic. If he says Springs can handle the additional traffic load of a transpiration hub, there’s no reason at all to doubt him.

/sarc

corran horn

the jetsons car GIF by Boomerang Official

jt04

Nope. JT, who is our resident expert on all things WDW-related, has said “Ramps and such” will be able to handle and spread out the traffic. If he says Springs can handle the additional traffic load of a transpiration hub, there’s no reason at all to doubt him.

/sarc

Well it already is a transportation hub to some degree.

🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚕🚌🚌

jt04

Yes, they would tow cars in that situation. I guess if you were flying out and back the same day it would work.

If they do a hub across the street I'm sure they would have dedicated lanes. Imagine if resort guests could get more efficient connections from the parks to the Springs and back. I'm sure that would be popular.

nickys

Premium Member
Renderings have depicted busses but not sure that would be the final choice if the station gets built.

Skyliner would be cool but likely Disney busses.
So you’d get off the train, get on a bus to the transportation hub and then get another bus to the resort? What’s the point of that exactly? Why not have the buses go direct to the resorts?

I think I’ll just get an Uber.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, they would tow cars in that situation. I guess if you were flying out and back the same day it would work.

If they do a hub across the street I'm sure they would have dedicated lanes. Imagine if resort guests could get more efficient connections from the parks to the Springs and back. I'm sure that would be popular.
They don’t run buses from DS to the parks. Deliberately. And there are buses to and from all resorts to DS.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Or, if one were to fly out of MCO and back on the same day, you could choose to park in a ramp at the airport and be a 5 minute walk away instead of 30 minutes away plus any transportation/traffic delays. What you propose makes absolutely zero sense. Hell, I’m still trying to figure out what exactly you mean by “across the street”. That area isn’t set up for any sort of major interchange.

jt04

They don’t run buses from DS to the parks. Deliberately. And there are buses to and from all resorts to DS.

I know. Making the point they could get more people out of their cars if they offered such a service for resort guests.

nickys

Premium Member
I know. Making the point they could get more people out of their cars if they offered such a service for resort guests.
You mean only allowing resort guests onto the buses? That’ll go down well whilst the bus driver tries to refuse entry to a family who get on anyway and refuse to leave.

jt04

You mean only allowing resort guests onto the buses? That’ll go down well whilst the bus driver tries to refuse entry to a family who get on anyway and refuse to leave.
They have already limited resort parking to non-guests. Same was true with Minnie Vans. Consider it a trend that may have further iterations. Just fun speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom