Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

Rider

FDOT recently updated their i4 Beyond site so I can't find a link anymore but they had published the old HSR plans online. It showed a station for Disney located between the i4 lanes in an existing gap area West of Celebration. The platforms would be between the highway lanes while the busses and other parking was on the West side connected to World Drive.

Since this line would be new AND because it wouldnt need to share with other operators (slow freight trains) they could go for a TGV type line and get top speeds of 200 MPH or more. If they wanted to spend the money.

lazyboy97o

FDOT recently updated their i4 Beyond site so I can't find a link anymore but they had published the old HSR plans online. It showed a station for Disney located between the i4 lanes in an existing gap area West of Celebration. The platforms would be between the highway lanes while the busses and other parking was on the West side connected to World Drive.

Since this line would be new AND because it wouldnt need to share with other operators (slow freight trains) they could go for a TGV type line and get top speeds of 200 MPH or more. If they wanted to spend the money.
The huge flaw with the old state plan was that they were building for TGV type trains but the route doesn’t allow for such speeds to be achieved.

Neel24

Gotta bring this chat back. Brightline should really do a Disney stop, makes no sense not to. People from Miami don’t want to go to Orlando airport they wanna go to Disney or Universal. Everyone should email Brightline requesting a stop!

JoeCamel

Gotta bring this chat back. Brightline should really do a Disney stop, makes no sense not to. People from Miami don’t want to go to Orlando airport they wanna go to Disney or Universal. Everyone should email Brightline requesting a stop!
Maybe you could start a petition at Change.org

Neel24

I know I just mean that they get transportation done and we don’t, for various debatable reasons. If we were France or the Uk ect there would have been a train 20 years ago connecting Miami to Disney.

eddie104

I know I just mean that they get transportation done and we don’t, for various debatable reasons. If we were France or the Uk ect there would have been a train 20 years ago connecting Miami to Disney.
We could have had a high speed train if it wasn't for skeletor aka Rick Scott rejecting the funds.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
High speed rail just isn't feasible.. check out this video below. Someone send the message to CA too while we're at it.

It's a great technology that I stand behind, and who doesn't love trains? It's just so costly in this country.

Disneyhead'71

Brightline isn't going anywhere near Disney. Although, it would make sense for them to bring it over too the Sand Lake SunRail station.

Neel24

High speed rail just isn't feasible.. check out this video below. Someone send the message to CA too while we're at it.

It's a great technology that I stand behind, and who doesn't love trains? It's just so costly in this country.

I just don’t understand why infrastructure is so hard to get here. I thought we are the wealthiest nation on the planet. Everything is so costly in the US. And I agree with the previous poster Rick Scott for political reasons rejected it. It was mest up.

lazyboy97o

I just don’t understand why infrastructure is so hard to get here. I thought we are the wealthiest nation on the planet. Everything is so costly in the US. And I agree with the previous poster Rick Scott for political reasons rejected it. It was mest up.
Scott may have had political motivations but it was the right decision, even for rail advocates. There is no way the train would have been built for the projected cost. There is no way the train would have magically generated its ridership numbers. There was no need for highly expensive to build and maintain rails and equipment that provided no practical benefit beyond qualifying for federal funding that would not have actually covered the full costs. That sort of excess coupled with over promising, under delivering and over spending is a big factor in why public support is so difficult to build.

Neel24

I see what you’re saying I just don’t understand why we can’t get it done but other countries can, Germany, France ect. I see all these reasons why we shouldn’t but I think the reasons why we should far exceed them. Only so many lanes on I95, I4 or whatever we can build.

Stripes

I also think it’s all the lobbies, auto, plane, oil and gas ect. They team up so we maintain the status quo.
There are lots of reasons why HSR is incompatible with the U.S. Geographically we aren't set up for it being perhaps the biggest. Hardly any HSR lines across the world even break even. It's hard to justify the ridiculous price when flying is faster, more economical, and is very competitive price wise. The only regions that could support HSR service are the Northeast and California, and California is stretching it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom