High School Musical show moves onto the Sorcerer Hat Icon stage for the summer

Atomicmickey

I wish Disney had GLEE.

So much better than HSM. The first one was passable, but that's it.
We saw this show last fall and even my tween daughter shrugged it off.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wish Disney had GLEE.

So much better than HSM. The first one was passable, but that's it.
We saw this show last fall and even my tween daughter shrugged it off.

It's still very popular. Even though it plays several times perday, each show has really good attendance.

Slipknot

At least the CMs working crowd control don't have to tell guests to get out of the way of the moving stage...

AdLibSean

I challenge anyone on this board to get out there in that heat and do what those "30 somethings" do everyday, six days a week multiple times a day and then turn around and do block. Its someone's job. Have a little respect. Quit complaining and pass it by.

ISTCrew20

I challenge anyone on this board to get out there in that heat and do what those "30 somethings" do everyday, six days a week multiple times a day and then turn around and do block. Its someone's job. Have a little respect. Quit complaining and pass it by.

Best said.

ttalovebug

Thank you. Those are some of the hardest working CMs on property. It's hot out there, there are multiple shows a day, and some even have to do the BPB, too. I realize everyone here has an unshakable hatred for all things HSM, but show a little decency, please.

brent2124

There were some pretty big crowds for it on Saturday afternoon. CM's all around the perimeter directing other guests toward the walkway by the Brown Derby and Starring Rolls Cafe because the area directly in front of the stage was so crowded.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

No one said they didn't work hard. But, in a show about high school students, it's not too much to ask that the high school students look somewhat like, well, high school students.

JimboJones123

Would it be better if they just took kids out of high school? Yeah, they look 30s, not really though, and do 8 year old girls know the difference? No.

Slipknot

And I challenge anyone to have to deal with the guests watching the show and parade in the heat and humidity all week. The entertainment CMs have longer breaks and don't have to deal with the guests like they do. Sure entertainment goes all out for their performance and I applaud them for doing so, but they got it so much better than the Ops CMs.

ItsMGMtome

For the record, I hate the hat as well. Here's an idea, let's build a giant version of Donald's Sailor hat and put it right in front of Cinderella's Castle. That would be brilliant! Also the HSM thing... I get that it is successful and brings in bucks, I just wish that Disney was more creative with some of the show elements in the parks. I mean I love the Hollywood characters that entertain a crowd waiting for a parade, why not get some of them up on a stage doing a big show or I don't know, pulling in a broadway element to the New York street scene... please?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Shame the hat couldnt be lowered during the performance to totally enclose the stage/performers. That would be the best for society.

Optimus Mouse

Because the CMs work hard in the heat their performance is not to be criticized on a Disney message board that most likely none of them will ever look at?

:confused:

WDWSteamDreamer

Because the CMs work hard in the heat their performance is not to be criticized on a Disney message board that most likely none of them will ever look at?

:confused:

I'm a WDW Castmember and I read these boards almost every day. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't get criticized. By all means if something looks bad say something. But I think the problem with that stage show is their makeup is CAKED on and then you add some nice FL sun and Bingo, 30 year old's shakin their pom poms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom