High School Musical show moves onto the Sorcerer Hat Icon stage for the summer

tirian

No one said they didn't work hard. But, in a show about high school students, it's not too much to ask that the high school students look somewhat like, well, high school students.

Like in "Grease" and "American Pie"?

You're obviously not familiar with live stage productions; except for kids, parts are almost always cast a little "too old" because those performers have had time to develop their voices. Very few teenagers and young twenty-somethings have the vocal skills to consistently sing rock-style music on key, on pitch, several times a day.

And the content isn't the performers' faults. They're doing the best they can with one of the most overrated franchises in Disney's history.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I really like the $50 tent they bought at WalMart next to the stage. You know the one you'd take to the beach. Cheezetastic.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not a fan of the franchise, not a fan of the parade (other than it takes people out of the various ride queues), but those perfoming in it (like the Block Party later on) do give it their all. I was drenched the week before simply watching the Block Party that afternoon; I can't imagine how the performers in either show must have felt....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Like in "Grease" and "American Pie"?

You're obviously not familiar with live stage productions; except for kids, parts are almost always cast a little "too old" because those performers have had time to develop their voices. Very few teenagers and young twenty-somethings have the vocal skills to consistently sing rock-style music on key, on pitch, several times a day.

And the content isn't the performers' faults. They're doing the best they can with one of the most overrated franchises in Disney's history.

You obviously have NO idea what I do for a living. I am intimately familiar with live productions.

I'm aware that parts are cast older, but they are cast with actors who "read" younger than their age (in the case of this show, typically with actors in their 20's.). These CM's don't look appropriate at all.

tirian

You obviously have NO idea what I do for a living. I am intimately familiar with live productions.

Nope. :lol: But I've got a good idea now...

I'm aware that parts are cast older, but they are cast with actors who "read" younger than their age (in the case of this show, typically with actors in their 20's.). These CM's don't look appropriate at all.

You've obviously never seen some of the princesses. :lookaroun :ROFLOL:

EDIT
p.s. Everybody, we've kissed and made up. No need to get involved. :lol:

AdLibSean

Show quality aside and whether or not the show is past its prime, relevancy or whatever... You're personally attacking a group of people who did not CHOOSE to be put in that show. Its disrespectful. And for what reason? None. Lame. If it really really bothers you THAT much, go complain. Yes its time for it to end. Go tell the top brass that. But until it does, its just people earning a paycheck.

As for comparing one dept. at WDW to another one... its apples and oranges. No one said the OPs CMs worked any less or more. And as for enduring it and listening to it all the time.... they have to "endure it" just as much as everyone else when they perform it everyday.

FigmentJedi

At least the CMs working crowd control don't have to tell guests to get out of the way of the moving stage...

You just reminded me of when I came across the show on the way out of the park for the afternoon, then just bolted for the gates going past the float really quick.

kirstenoel

Another moan about the hat and another moan about HSM. Kids like HSM, I'm sure they're not bothered about the ages of the performers - I wasn't at that age! HSM is part of Disney and deserves to be there just as much as any other show - I'd go and watch it :zipit: For those of you who don't want to watch it - just pass it by.

Tom

Beta Return
I wish Disney had GLEE.

So much better than HSM. The first one was passable, but that's it.
We saw this show last fall and even my tween daughter shrugged it off.

I agree. My wife and I watch Glee every week :lookaroun

Those 'high school kids" all look 30! :lol:

I would say they look more like they're in their 20s, really. Some, perhaps late 20s. But you're not going to be able to staff a show with actual high-schoolers (school, labor laws, unreliability, etc).

And for any of you who also enjoy GLEE, it should be noted that the actors who portray the high school students are all between 20 and 28 in real life.

BrerFrog

I wish it would be moved to miles away from that park. And while they are at it, they should move it miles away from property too. :D

Sorry, but having that show at WDW makes me :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom