High School Musical Has Vanished!

ToTBellHop

Yes, HSM is a phenomenal success for Disney. Love it or hate it, this is a Disney Channel Original Movie with a soundtrack that was number 1 on the Billboard charts for a number of weeks and certified triple platinum (i.e. 3 million copies sold). That is impressive by any standards. And, just this week, Disney has begun advertising for High School Musical 2, so the popularity won't be waning any time soon. The show at DCA, which is apparently the same show MGM will be getting, is actually pretty good. Kinda a mini-Block Party Bash in style. They would be fools not to bring this to MGM. I'm surprised we haven't seen the Cheetah Girls singing up and down New York Street yet...

DDuckFan130

Yes, HSM is a phenomenal success for Disney. Love it or hate it, this is a Disney Channel Original Movie with a soundtrack that was number 1 on the Billboard charts for a number of weeks and certified triple platinum (i.e. 3 million copies sold). That is impressive by any standards. And, just this week, Disney has begun advertising for High School Musical 2, so the popularity won't be waning any time soon. The show at DCA, which is apparently the same show MGM will be getting, is actually pretty good. Kinda a mini-Block Party Bash in style. They would be fools not to bring this to MGM. I'm surprised we haven't seen the Cheetah Girls singing up and down New York Street yet...
I would LOVE that!!

Like I said in the now deleted thread :lol: I love the Cheetah Girls soundtrack more than HSM...it's been in my car for a week and not leaving anytime soon :hammer:

mickeymumm

I'm sorry if I just missed the answer, but did somebody say when and where it was going to be at MGM. We're there next week and I know the kids would love to see it.

Piebald

I'm almost positive the Studio News said January 27th. They mentioned that date along with the words HSM so who knows. I don't pay attention to that unless there is a really cute girl on it. :king:

The last performance of the High School Musical Pep Rally at Magic Kingdom occurred on January 6.

Beginning January 22, the new location for this will be the Disney-MGM Studios. The High School Musical Pep Rally will step off at Star Tours and will travel along the parade route stopping at The Hat for an 11-minute show before continuing along the parade route. Schedules for show times will be announced at a later time.

ToTBellHop

Sounds Dangerous! is still open? Who knew...at least you can still stand in the queue line and answer questions to all of your favorite current ABC tv shows, like NYPD Blue, Spin City, the Drew Carey Show, Dharma and Greg, and Sports Night (did that last one have about 5 episodes?).

Piebald

Sounds Dangerous is still open and yes, people are still making whoopie and doing other obscene things during the show...

Spring Breeze

Yesterday, Saturday Jan. 6th saw the last show of HSM Pep Rally. As of Sunday, the stage was completely gone and there is no trace of the show ever being there.
OMG...that is weird..i was in magic kingdom the final day it showed with my brother and my sister to go on pirates. i went the next time and wonder..."where it go..." i also thought good riddance..but of course people get annoyed when i ramble about how much HSM annoys me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom