High School Musical Has Vanished!

bluefaery

I'm watching it now :lookaroun

I am 21 (almost 22)...so yes...a little ashamed :lookaroun

Much like Grease, I very much prefer HSM's songs :lol:

And yup...from the Kendall area :wave:

I'm 24 and love the songs also. I watched the pop-up version of it tonight on Disney Channel. I haven't decided if I'm going to uplod the songs to my iPod or not.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I agree with a lot of people... In INSTINCT magazine (December 2006, the one with Beyoncé on the front), they list the best and worst things of 2006...

Instinct Magazine said:
Best Reason Not To Drop Out:
High School Musical
Like a - wolverine in heat pouncing on its unsuspecting mate, Disney Channel's High School Musical debuted in January, and America's key tween girl/gay male demographic has yet to recover. Leapin' Lizzie McGuire why are we such suckers for schmaltz?

Across the country, weekly allowances were decimated and brunches were missed as the phenomenon snowballed. The soundtrack saw a record-breaking six songs chart in one week, while the album became the bestseller of the year. Within six days of release, the DVD also went to the head of the class after 1.2 million sales.

So what is the appeal of this modern day Grease? Super catch songs ("We're All In This Together"), super sassy starlets (Ashley Tisdale) and, best of all, a happy, popular gay guy make this a production worth the price of admission... And did we mention The Remix Edition is out this month?

Pack a lunch - we're headin' back to school!

Keep in mind that I didn't write that... I just transcribed... :wave:

crazydaveh

I watched it with my little niece. It was painful for me, but she loved it.

She did ask why it was next to Buzz Lightyear. I told her, "that's where Mickey let them have the pep rally." She responded, "So Mickey really is the boss!"

I can't imagine standing out there in August... I hope if they move it, it's going inside!

seabee1

It is a riot how popular this is. My kids have the DVD, CD, DVD Board game, and apparel, plus we saw the rally in Dec. We also just went to the touring concert. And shamefully I must admit I enjoyed myself. However, I am glad to see it going to the Studios. Definately where it belongs. I will have to let my family know. They are going down Jan. 30, and my cousin is a HSM freak.

lightboy

Look on YouTube and watch the videos from HSMPR at California Adventure. It's a parade float.

A little birdy told me it will be the same...same float and all. This was an important birdy who flew from the heavens to tell me this...but most people already know this by now.

iheartdisney91

yay no stupid pep rally in the magic kingdom what were they thinking? it belongd in mgm yay.... why is it in wdw any way yea yea its the most popular disney channel movie and was a big success..... um dont care i dint even like my own school peprallys:rolleyes: :confused:

SewIn2Disney

I'm 24 and love the songs also. I watched the pop-up version of it tonight on Disney Channel. I haven't decided if I'm going to uplod the songs to my iPod or not.
Heh...I'm 23 and watched the Pop Up Edition last night (heck--I watched the entire 1-7-07 at 7 lineup!) and I'm not ashamed. We got the HSM Remix ed. DVD and game for christmas, and last week my sister got HSM Uno too. I think it's a great movie, and I'm kinda upset I won't be able to see it next week in Disney. Does anyone have an opening date for MGM? Is the merch. still for sale in MK?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
I just thought it was weird that none of the CMs at Magic Kingdom were even informed that it was leaving.

juan

I just thought it was weird that none of the CMs at Magic Kingdom were even informed that it was leaving.

thats funny-- MGM CM's were given the day of opening and the new location (which will make many here happy and surprise them all)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
thats funny-- MGM CM's were given the day of opening and the new location (which will make many here happy and surprise them all)

Well at Magic Kingdom, we were not told anything. If a guest had asked me, I wouldn't really of had anything to say.

Vernonpush

We taped the Disney Channel program last night to watch later this week. Had to see what all the fuss is about (but not miss Desperate Housewives,lol). So, was that broadcast a "pop-up" version? The only reason we taped it is to save on a rental fee. Should we rent it instead? FYI, we are in our late 40's and early 50's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom