High prices at the Arts Festival food kiosks (compared to other EPCOT festivals)

C D Hazel

I don't mean to hijack the conversation, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried to book the dining package for the Broadway series during the Arts Festival. I just got off the phone with Disney Dining, and a very nice cast member didn't seem to know what I was talking about. When she did a little research, she told me there was no availability--at any of the restaurants that are featured for the dining package (along with the Liberty Tree Tavern, which I assured her was not part of the Arts Festival's dining package). Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

And the package doesn't seem to be accessible on MyDisneyExperience, either.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Expect the food prices at all the Festivals to match this one. Oh and buffet pricing at 1900 Park was 69.95 pp. during Marathon weekend just like Sprit said it would be in the New Year.

Yes we WANTED to do it but fiscal sanity prevailed. A single meal is not worth car payment type money.

Pixie VaVoom

I don't know which dishes they tried, but the ones I tried were not entree size. One of the booths is serving a single scallop.

That reminds me of my first restaurant breakfast after moving down to the southouthern states. I grew up near Canada. The waitress asked me if I wanted grits. I told her I wasn't sure if I would like them ...so could she just bring me ONE?? Boy did I get a funny look !!

Kman101

Depends on the definition of entree.... DFB uses terms which are extremely generous when it comes to Disney portion sizes.

True. It also seems like portion sizes vary by day or by chef ... but it seems the price complaint was what marred DCA's Holiday festival, the food was apparently good but size was tiny for the price asked (I wasn't there, just going by reports).

I again suggest you shouldn't expect a tapa, sampler, entree, whatever, to be a meal, they expect you to buy several others at the other booths, but you should also get what you pay for, not some tiny portion when you can go buy a burger, or something similar at the same price.

So something is missing in how they run these things. I really do think they just expect people to pay no matter what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom