Hide small children, this is CREEPY!!!!!

theRIOT

Um, hate to say it, but that's not fake.
Every now and again the cast members who are either face or fur characters are allowed to blow off a little steam from having to be so cute and wholesome.
I've heard about these kind of videos for some time now, but have never gotten to see them.
That was hilarous.
irv out.

1disneydood

Does anyone happen to have a link to the vid of the characters fighting at MGM that was posted a month or two ago? My wife wants to see that one and I figure she may like that one better.

Also does anyone know a way to save the vid posted in the link above at heavy.com? I'd like to "add it to the collection". ;)

Chernabog

Having worked in entertainment for 5 years I have some of my own opinions on these things. As said earlier, the ppic of Minnie is obviously fake because the "cast member" is not in disney look guidelines and the costume is incorrect around the neck. As for the video on Heavy.com, I'm speechless. It was funny to watch but there were a few things that weren't right. The scene with Pocohontas was shot in the Canada Pavilion area, but that wasn't John Smith's costume and I'm not entirely sure that was all Pocohontas's costume. The Tweedle's section was funny becasue that is the backstage area of Epcot near the UK pavilion but I have no idea how they got away with staining the costume red. Cast members could easily do this on their down time between sets as long as their not caught by management. And, in previous years it was very easy to get a costume from costuming. The had no idea who was scheduled to work or not and most of the time they were busy so you could walk in a get whatever you needed/wanted without telling anyone. This leads me to my next point... many of those costume peices could have been stolen from the parks. The Belle had all the peices and even knew the proper way to do her makeup (though I've never seen that building before). It's not very hard, especially for face characters, to take out costume peices slowly since they work with them everyday and can easily slip them in a bag and leave out the front of a park without being inspected for missing items.

The other video, if it's the one I'm thinking of, was the one that the legal department used to show us every couple years. We called it when characters attack. It was used to show us to not retaliate on guests because you never knew when a camera was watching and then we'd go to court and lose our job. I'd love to see/get a copy of it if anyone has it

Oh, and inb training there was a video of goofy and pooh and the chipmunks all doing exercises together to teach you to warm up before work. I'd love that one if anyone has it!

Sorry for the long post :rolleyes:

Sorry if I'm missing the point here and please tell me if I am.

Ok so we believe/know the picture is "doctored" but say it wasn't... so what???

Ok so the cast member isn't how a lot of people would call conventionally dressed but who cares? Did you really expect each cast member to be "squeeky clean" and like their character all the time? And just because some one looks or dresses differently to how you would doesn't mean they aren't as nice (or nicer) or kind (or kinder) or friendly (or friendlier) than someone who looked more appealing to you!!

How they dress or the music they're into doesn't mean they won't be as good as there job as others.

Wilt Dasney

Julius & Boobah said:

Ok so the cast member isn't how a lot of people would call conventionally dressed but who cares? Did you really expect each cast member to be "squeeky clean" and like their character all the time? And just because some one looks or dresses differently to how you would doesn't mean they aren't as nice (or nicer) or kind (or kinder) or friendly (or friendlier) than someone who looked more appealing to you!!

How they dress or the music they're into doesn't mean they won't be as good as there job as others.

I think the point is just that Disney wouldn't hire someone who looked like that, not that they're any better or worse than anyone else.

I understand hat, and I'm assuming that's a contributing factor to how we came to the conclusion that it was fake.

However, people's reactions before that was reached were implying they were shocked by the way the pesrson looked which I think is pretty shallow and judgmental.

I understand that Disney wouldn't employ someone who didn't have a certain look when they are to be seen by guests but when they're in a costume and they're "concealed" who cares, does it really matter?

1disneydood

Well it's America. Look as you want. But don't get bent out of shape when a certain look holds you back from something. I'm sure some good jobs could find reasons other than their look to not hire them. I had to cut my hair one day to get what I wanted out of life. I guess it comes down to what is more important. Self expression, or a good job and the acceptance of society. It's not nice but that's how it is for now.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
1disneydood said:
Does anyone happen to have a link to the vid of the characters fighting at MGM that was posted a month or two ago? My wife wants to see that one and I figure she may like that one better.

Also does anyone know a way to save the vid posted in the link above at heavy.com? I'd like to "add it to the collection". ;)

http://www.justinalt.com/characterfightstream.mov

If that doesnt work send me an email as I saved a copy myself. But think the link should work for you.

Chernabog

That was not the video I was referring to... but it was like a million times better! :sohappy: :sohappy: :lol: :lol: :D :D That was so amazing. My thanks and congratulations to the brave/creative cast members that came up with, and filmed that. My life is now a better place because of it. :sohappy:

I understand that Disney wouldn't employ someone who didn't have a certain look when they are to be seen by guests but when they're in a costume and they're "concealed" who cares, does it really matter?

Regarless of whether the cast member is seen or not, the must adhere to disney look guidelines. A friend of mine almost was fired because he came to work with dark red/purple hair and he was always a costumed character. Likewise I was told on occasion that I needed to go to the bathroom and shave when I came to work in the morning and I also was never seen by guests. ALL cast members have to follow the disney look regarless of role.

Tom

Beta Return
Julius & Boobah said:
However, people's reactions before that was reached were implying they were shocked by the way the pesrson looked which I think is pretty shallow and judgmental.

Consider me shallow and judgemental then - I looked at that pic and that superimposed head/face and instantly thought: "Wow, what a FREAK! Disney would never hire someone who looked like that!" :lol:

dixiegirl

edwardtc said:
Consider me shallow and judgemental then - I looked at that pic and that superimposed head/face and instantly thought: "Wow, what a FREAK! Disney would never hire someone who looked like that!" :lol:

yes that was my reaction as well....sorry but thats the truth..i think i had a very disgusted look on my face to be exact...i was watching it with a friend and she said the same thing...i guess it is true though to me antway...that when i see minnie .the character , i'm expecting a cute , nice(was gonna out wholesome, but figured i'd get yelled at) girl underneith..sorry if i offend anyone but that pic was freakish!!!!

brich

Julius & Boobah said:

Here we go again... :lookaroun

wdwvip3

Chernabog said:
ALL cast members have to follow the disney look regarless of role.

Not all dear -- not the new role I'm seeking!! Yeah for advertising creatives! Ok -- but anyway.

Thanks for sharing all the videos.. ooh how I miss good old 30/40 min. break time with nothing to do.. I usually just napped.. :p

ballewclan

The link for the pic of minnie is not working for me!

The most recent movie posted is halairius!!! Where was it shot though? I would have thought i could tell but i just cant!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom