Hi-res photos of the TRON monorail

imagineer boy

I hope the movie flops terribly so this type of behavior/advertising is discouraged in the future.

:fork::fork::fork::fork:

I highly doubt if it flopped it would stop monrail advertisments. The very first monorail ads were for SGE and look how that turned out!

Phonedave

It's not as bad as the renderings made it out to be.

It's OK. I am not thrilled by it, but I don't hate it either. To me it's just something else WDW has done. Some things don't appeal to all people. I don't think it's it a giant mess or the end of the monorail as we know it. I just can't get all that excited over it .

My 11 y/o just walked through and I showed her the pictures. Her response was a very sarcastic "thats just great" then she said. "I like the old one better"

-dave

HMF

Um, actually it is a smart business move. Why would you pull a perfectly fine working monorail out of service?
What I mean is they need to be prepared for when their life expectancy ends so if there is only 4 years left they need to start thinking about the Mark VIIIs.

aeillill

While I am not a fan of the monorails being defaced & I wish they would just leave them alone at least they did this nicely.

Phonedave

Um, actually it is a smart business move. Why would you pull a perfectly fine working monorail out of service?

When your car starts dying. Do you keep running it? Taking it to the repair shop ever few weeks? Pulling it out of service every so often for repairs, and then when it is dead and beyond all repair buy a new one?

Or, when it starts getting old, but before it starts to have real problems, do you buy a new one ?

-dave

RobnRachal

We think it looks totally cool!!! It is only one monorail, correct? I could see people being upset if it was the whole fleet (even though it is sooo cool) BUT, one monorail that looks a little different once in a while. . . it's refreshing. Besides, it gives us all something to talk about :animwink:

kerrie

im not a fan of the movie aspect of it However the paint jobs are sweet. I think the monerails needed updating paint wise but like i said it would be better not being a movie add. but they do look nice I like the Blue one.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
When your car starts dying. Do you keep running it? Taking it to the repair shop ever few weeks? Pulling it out of service every so often for repairs, and then when it is dead and beyond all repair buy a new one?

Or, when it starts getting old, but before it starts to have real problems, do you buy a new one ?

-dave

I can sort of see your argument, but it is misguided. The monorails are not near the end. If the oldest ones life expectancy is another 4 years, then that is lot of time to keep using it. With my car, I take excellent care of it, service it often, and it saves me money. It is now 7 years old with 100k miles and it runs like a dream. Should I go out and buy a new one just for the sake of getting one? If I am still driving this car in another 7 years and things are breaking that are more expensive then the car itself is worth to fix, then I will buy a new one of course. The monorails however, are not at that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom