Hey Runners, Wanna Play along?

JillC LI

LOL yeah its not happening to me either - so I would be medal-less LOL

When my son and I ran our private race as part of a local 5K two years ago, he beat me (as expected). Between the two of us, he came in first place. The local race gave out no finishers medals, and I wanted him to have something to remember the event by as his first "real" race so I ordered a medal for him on line with the name and date of the race and his time engraved on the back! He loved it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
When my son and I ran our private race as part of a local 5K two years ago, he beat me (as expected). Between the two of us, he came in first place. The local race gave out no finishers medals, and I wanted him to have something to remember the event by as his first "real" race so I ordered a medal for him on line with the name and date of the race and his time engraved on the back! He loved it.
That is epic. It will probably remain his favorite. My dad gave me a old engineering pencil when I was young since I liked to technical draw. Simple thought, still got it and cherish it.

Texas84

I personally don't want an event shirt, or a medal, unless I come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the event.

Not sure if serious. Behold teh awesome. :D
WP_20130822_001.jpg

Dopey 2015. Six medals? Six shirts? Cross the pond and join us!

Phonedave

I wear black generic stuff for any event. I have long sleeve compression, short sleeve and no sleeve compression that are blank. That is what I prefer and keep the tech shirts I have gotten form events for training runs.

Different strokes for everyone.

I usually wear "blank" stuff as well. Not all black, but just generic blank tech shirts. I have have shorts with built in compression shorts that I usually wear. I don't think I have ever worn long pants to an event. Training yes, but events no. Long sleeve tech shirt, a running jacket, hat and gloves yes, but still with shorts.

-dave

Phonedave

Well that is NEVER happening for a lot of us so yep I will wear my shirt or medal proudly after I finish! :p

My step daughter asks me that all the time. "DId you win?" - "No, not by a long shot" "But you have a medal, you had to have won"

I won, just by committing myself.

More than any medal or shirt, I am proud of the Gold Phidippides Award I won in 2011. It is only open to USATF Masters runners, and it has nothing to do with speed or what place you came in. It is strictly based only on how much you run. 5K is 1 point, 10K is 2, 1/2 Marathon is 3 and a Marathon is 4. All have to be USATF certified courses.

You have to amass a certain number of points in a year in order to get the award. It is not as if you are running an event every weekend, but it does take a bit of effort to get it done. I ran 9 5K, 2 10K, a half Marathon, and a Marathon to qualify.

Sometimes the scheduling was more difficult than the running.

-dave

fmingo36

I never wear the race shirt for the race. For starter, most of the tech-shirts they give out are uni-sex and never fit me right. I usually wear something new from race to race so that all all my race pictures don't look the same. I also think wearing the race shirt is bad runner etiquette. If at Disney I will wear the race shirt to the parks after the race with my finisher medal. At that point I've earned it!

I do buy the "I DID IT" shirts and yes, I am always worried that I am going to jinx myself but I know that if I don't buy it at the expo, chances are they either won't have them or my size after the race.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I usually wear "blank" stuff as well. Not all black, but just generic blank tech shirts. I have have shorts with built in compression shorts that I usually wear. I don't think I have ever worn long pants to an event. Training yes, but events no. Long sleeve tech shirt, a running jacket, hat and gloves yes, but still with shorts.

-dave
I have some Navy, Green, and gray colored stuff as well that i have collected over time. I wear them as well.
I never wear the race shirt for the race. For starter, most of the tech-shirts they give out are uni-sex and never fit me right. I usually wear something new from race to race so that all all my race pictures don't look the same. I also think wearing the race shirt is bad runner etiquette. If at Disney I will wear the race shirt to the parks after the race with my finisher medal. At that point I've earned it!

I do buy the "I DID IT" shirts and yes, I am always worried that I am going to jinx myself but I know that if I don't buy it at the expo, chances are they either won't have them or my size after the race.
Girl... you know you love the Lime Green and bright colors in shirts. It perfectly describes you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom