Hess is closing all gas stations

Phonedave

Not sure if this is the right forum for it, but it does effect trip planning. I also searched and did not find this in another thread.

Hess has announced that it is closing all of it's gas stations and will be focusing on its exploration efforts instead.

Not sure what this means for WDW, but I know a lot of people love the Hess mini-marts and use them to stock up on decently priced food quite frequently.

http://247wallst.com/2013/03/04/hes...eam-oil-business-become-pure-play-ep-company/

-dave

mickey2008.1

Hopefully it will be another company that is as fair as Hess... I have always loved the fact you could get gas on property for fair market price... Which is great since the places outside of the park charge up to 2.00 more per gallon.... :)
I agree, but they also didnt rip you off for the market items either like WDW. $6 for 12 pack of coke at HESS, or $3 for one bottle at WDW.

Upvote 0

openendedsky

Hopefully it will be another company that is as fair as Hess... I have always loved the fact you could get gas on property for fair market price... Which is great since the places outside of the park charge up to 2.00 more per gallon.... :)
Agreed. Hoping Wawa might take over because from what I've seen, they have the cheapest gas around right now.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Oh pooh somebody told me I could get my Dr. Pepper there. Somebodys gonna snatch it up...
... I heard this guy's interested in the property...
6002023805p

185px-21907.jpg
185px-21910.jpg
185px-21906.jpg

As well as this guy

images
images

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

Across the whole of the eastern seaboard? That would be fairly unprecedented.....

As for WDW's locations, don't worry, there will be a line a mile long to replace those sites.
Thats a good question, not sure if the Hess' will keep their logos or not....I just know from local experience (North Carolina region) that the places we go to load fuel at for Hess stations are all being transfered to Marathon....it was quite the big news lol....your right though now that I think about it, that would be a massive switchover...so maybe just in a few markets...

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Thats a good question, not sure if the Hess' will keep their logos or not....I just know from local experience (North Carolina region) that the places we go to load fuel at for Hess stations are all being transfered to Marathon....it was quite the big news lol....your right though now that I think about it, that would be a massive switchover...so maybe just in a few markets...

I'm an Exxon dealer in NJ, so we have a bit of experience with market pull outs. Exxon has completely abandoned their real estate and retail fuel division as well. But what they didn't do was close their refineries. So we are still flying Exxon flags for at least the next 15 years. If Hess is closing their refineries, and they are, I assume that means you will not be seeing anymore Hess stations. The changeovers will probably go market by market, with many of the going to large fuel distributors, able to fly any flag they like. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunoco make a run at the sites in the NYC area market, they are expanding fairly aggressively around here.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom