HERSHEYPARK in Hershey, PA

cba

I live around 90 minutes away from Hershey and have been there only once. But that was only last summer, and I moved to my current house in 2011. When I went there I really enjoyed it and had loads of fun. I loved Lightning Racers and the water area. I highly recommend going there if you are thinking of doing it.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I live around 90 minutes away from Hershey and have been there only once. But that was only last summer, and I moved to my current house in 2011. When I went there I really enjoyed it and had loads of fun. I loved Lightning Racers and the water area. I highly recommend going there if you are thinking of doing it.

Definitely agree with you there! :D

trr1

when I was growing up my fathers company always had their company picnic at Dorney. So i guess thats why it appeals to me more than Hershey so many great memories with my dad on the rides with me. Of course we went to Hershey when it was an open park
and they had the real factory tours then when they closed it it got really bad for a few years

Figgy1

Premium Member
when I was growing up my fathers company always had their company picnic at Dorney. So i guess thats why it appeals to me more than Hershey so many great memories with my dad on the rides with me. Of course we went to Hershey when it was an open park
and they had the real factory tours
Yes the real factory tour was the best!!!!!!!!!!! I remember flying out there to do that!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I was recently part of a film shoot for the Travel Channel's Insane Coaster Wars aboard Fahrenheit, their vertical lift coaster. Here's a pic of me sitting in the back seat (taken by one of my friends) during the film shoot:

Who all may be planning a trip out to the park this weekend? If so, I'll be there all day on Saturday (June 8th) so if you would like to meet up, feel free to let me know below or in a PM and maybe we can meet up at some point during the day.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Any members here who live near Hersheypark and visit frequently, hold a season pass, or if you're planning a trip but don't have a set date yet, you may want to check this out:

I'm holding a meet-up at the park on July 20. Park hours are 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. that day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3133716

Anyone is welcome!
smile.gif

StarWarsGirl

Any members here who live near Hersheypark and visit frequently, hold a season pass, or if you're planning a trip but don't have a set date yet, you may want to check this out:

I think you mean 11 pm;)

FYI, my school is headed up on July 30. Anyone who lives in the area might want to avoid the park that day as you will get visiting group(s) of college students. And believe me, at least my group will be nuts since we're all Freshmen and very excited.

artvandelay

Went to Hershey Park over the weekend. We had a great time. I didn't ride it, but my family said that Sky Rush was one of the scariest coasters they've been on. Great Bear was their favorite. Park looked great with a lot of Streetmosphere. We did the Boardwalk on Sunday and had a great time. Does anyone know why they removed the overhead water dropping ride? Rode it in 2011, waited almost 2 hours, and wasn't impressed. Now it's gone. For anyone spending a day at the Boardwalk, consider renting a cabana. Well worth the price.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Are you referring to Roller Soaker? If so, then you can blame that on maintenance and poor capacity. I know the extra slides, sprayground and seating were all added to help boost capacity. Even on none-busy days, Roller Soaker would have close to a fifteen/twenty minute wait. It was a great concept that could've been much better, thus why both Hershey's and the other few that existed were all removed. I'm surprised Hershey's model lasted as long as it has, other than they wanted to push the "twelve coasters in 2012" promotion for last year before dropping it back down to eleven again.

artvandelay

Are you referring to Roller Soaker? If so, then you can blame that on maintenance and poor capacity. I know the extra slides, sprayground and seating were all added to help boost capacity. Even on none-busy days, Roller Soaker would have close to a fifteen/twenty minute wait. It was a great concept that could've been much better, thus why both Hershey's and the other few that existed were all removed. I'm surprised Hershey's model lasted as long as it has, other than they wanted to push the "twelve coasters in 2012" promotion for last year before dropping it back down to eleven again.
That's the one.

popcenturylover

I've been a few times. We took our older kids quite a few years ago & thoroughly enjoyed it! We stopped at Chocolate World 2 years ago on our way to Sesame Place. LOVE CHOCOLATE!!! Would love to go back to the park but, keep going to Disney instead!

chrisps

I have been to Hershey park seen I really young and I really like that park because of the roller coasters and the small of chocolate. I have not been to the park seen 2005 when I finished high school. I want to go back to the park again sometime soon to ride the new coaster that was just opened in the park last year the new coaster is named sky rush it is a 200 foot tall roller coaster I only live about 30 minutes away from Hershey Pa I went to alot of the Hershey bears hockey games I am thinking about me a one of my coworkers buying a coble of tickets to the games this year. My favorite roller coaster in the park is the great bear roller coaster and the classic loopier coaster at the front of the park. I like the park better than six flags great adventure I also get a discount on the park tickets if I go to my local food store it is named giants they have been doing that for a long time. I really enjoy the park but I like Disney world alot better but Hershey park is my home park I will not be going to anymore theme parks this year Disney world resort was enough for me this year and a ticket to Hershey park cost alot of money but not as much Disney world resort in Orlando Florida. I really enjoy eating Hershey chocolate I really like the cookies and cream Hershey candy bars and I really enjoy the Hershey kisses with Cherry in them they only come out at Christmas time and in February they are really good if any of the other members on this forum never had them you should get them they are really good.

StarWarsGirl

Going twice this summer after having been away for four years! I'm going once with my mom, brother, and possibly a friend, and again with my school. Haven't decided for sure when I'm going with my mom and brother (most likely it depends on the weather) but I'm going with my school on July 31.:D

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
W
Thanks for pointing that out. That post got messed up anyways so here are the details again:

Hershey meet-

Saturday July 20th

Park Hours: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Simply let me know if you can come by posting below or adding yourself to the list on FB by clicking here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/379541232147386/
Wish we could join in, but we'll be on the road to the World! We did 3 days at HP last week (camping) and had a great visit. DD9 was finally a Twizzler so we were hitting all the big coaster! Plus one great dinner at troegs, and a fruitful trip to the Disney outlet. A great time. Have fun on the 20th!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Going twice this summer after having been away for four years! I'm going once with my mom, brother, and possibly a friend, and again with my school. Haven't decided for sure when I'm going with my mom and brother (most likely it depends on the weather) but I'm going with my school on July 31.:D

If you guys aren't sure when you're coming (you, your mom and brother), you ought to consider coming out on July 20th for the meet-up. Just a suggestion. It would only get you pumped up again for your 7/31 trip back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom