Here we go again...

SpongeScott

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
How many hurricanes / tropical storms etc have there been in and around the Florida area this year ?
PS - If it does come near land I hope everyone stays safe
only Dennis has affected us, and now Katrina. Dennis made landfall in the panhandle, so the rest of the state fared well with it.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
thinking back to last year, why do these stupid thing only hit us on the weekends? we were going to go to seaworld this sunday, and here we go again. :)

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Ralph Wiggum said:
thinking back to last year, why do these stupid thing only hit us on the weekends? we were going to go to seaworld this sunday, and here we go again. :)
don't know, but that has been the trend. weird....

STITCHRULES

I wish everyone the best of luck. I am in Boca Raton and it has already started getting icky- rain and wind. Leaving Saturday AM for WDW - hope it blows through fast!!!

MiRi

She's a slow one. I hate the slow ones.

Good luck everyone. *spreads pixie dust*

PS: This is my 300th post. Haha.

pinkrose

Here's the what the latest tracking models are saying...

storm_12.gif

You guys in Fl and elsewhere in the track, stay safe! :wave:

Ringo8n24

Those predictions are all over the place on this one. Our local station's weather said the steering currents are so unpredictable at this time of year that they really have no idea what will happen between now and Sunday. They also said there are a couple of others forming behind this one. :hammer:

pinkrose

...katrina Just Below Hurricane Strength As It Moves Slowly
Westward Across The Florida Straits Toward Southeast Florida...
...tropical Storm Force Winds Nearing The Florida Coast...

At 3 Pm Edt...1900z...reports From Noaa Doppler Radars And A Noaa
Reconnaissance Aircraft Indicate The Center Of Tropical Storm
Katrina Was Located Near Latitude 26.2 North... Longitude 79.6 West
...or About 35 Miles East-northeast Of Fort Lauderdale Florida And
About 35 Miles East-southeast Of Boca Raton Florida.

Repeating The 3 Pm Edt Position...26.2 N... 79.6 W. Movement
Toward...west Near 6 Mph. Maximum Sustained
Winds... 70 Mph. Minimum Central Pressure... 990 Mb.

cindy_k

3:35 PM Update... Hurricane Katrina

Wtnt62 Knhc 251940
Tcuat2
Hurricane Katrina Tropical Cyclone Update
Nws Tpc/national Hurricane Center Miami Fl
335 Pm Edt Thu Aug 25 2005

...reconnaissance Aircraft Reports And Doppler Radar Data Indicates
That Tropical Storm Katrina Has Strengthened Into A Hurricane

Shortly Before 330 Pm Edt...reports From A Noaa Reconnaissance
Aircraft And Noaa Doppler Radar Data From Miami Indicate Maximum
Sustained Surface Winds Increased To A Category One Hurricane.

Data From The Stepped-frequency Microwave Radiometer Onboard The
Noaa Aircraft Measured Hurricane-force Surface Winds...which Is
Supported By Noaa Doppler Radar Velocity Data From Wfo Miami.

Forecaster Stewart

Looks like Deerfield Beach is getting the direct hit. I'm in Deerfield and right now its looking bad, but not too bad. Went out surfing earlier but they closed the beach a little while ago. We haven't had the worst part of the hit yet and already two of my trees are down and the power is blinking like crazy.

Btw, didn't they say this would be a wet storm and not so windy? Here its been all wind and very little rain.

peter11435

imagineergurl said:
Looks like Deerfield Beach is getting the direct hit. I'm in Deerfield and right now its looking bad, but not too bad. Went out surfing earlier but they closed the beach a little while ago. We haven't had the worst part of the hit yet and already two of my trees are down and the power is blinking like crazy.

Btw, didn't they say this would be a wet storm and not so windy? Here its been all wind and very little rain.
I also live in Deerfield Beach. Just thought I would post while I still have power (It has already went out twice for a few minutes). Be safe.

PS. I sent you a PM.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Thankfully we haven't lost power yet, however the lights have flickered a few times over the past couple of hours.

The Palm Beach Post said:
Two people died in Broward County from the storm, said county spokeswoman Alinda Montsort. One man in his 20s was killed when a tree fell on his car shortly before 6 p.m. at Stranahan High School, 1800 S.W. Fifth Place.

Minutes later, a pedestrian was struck by a falling tree at Peters Road and 42nd Place in Plantation.

More than 220,600 Broward County homes were without power about 7 p.m. Thursday, Montsort said. Statewide, 412,400 homes lost power.

:(

Woody13

imagineergurl said:

peter11435 said:
I also live in Deerfield Beach. Just thought I would post while I still have power (It has already went out twice for a few minutes). Be safe.

PS. I sent you a PM.
NemoRocks said:
Thankfully we haven't lost power yet, however the lights have flickered a few times over the past couple of hours.

:(
You all be sure to take good care of yourselves! :wave:

pinkrose

They are really beginning to think that this is going to be a bad one. It seems to be getting stronger while over land. I really feel for the people in the Keys. Some are thinking this may be a Cat. 4 at the next landfall (where ever that may be). The GOM water is very warm. :eek:

Everyone in the path of the storm are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the keys are going to be okay, she's barely a hurricane right now. all of that open gulf scares me. we had water temps in the low 90's Sunday. if she formulates a tight eye...ouch. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom