Pre-Trip Here, in this hostile world, my story begins....

***Judy Dench or Jeremy Irons voice over optional

It takes (what feels like), 15,000 years to come up with my next bright idea: planning a trip for my wife and her mom so my wife would catch the Disney vacation bug and want to buy an AP! There was only one small problem, when they visit, I will have to stay behind.

Now, lets move ahead to the present in Atlanta, Georgia, because something is about to happen that will change the course of my future. I was digitally pounding reeds flat (typing on my computer) to create better record keeping plans for their February travels, finances, and unfortunately my own calendar plans which did not include me being at WDW. But it also brought with it the dawn of a great WDW trip in April!

At this point, my wife and MIL had taken over the trip I planned and I would have to stay home, which most of you already understand why. But my wife, who is as clever as a Phoenician came up with a solution! To create and plan a simple, relaxing trip in April to WDW for just us. Remember how easy it was to breeze through my last trip report full of beer pictures and swollen puffy eyes? Thank my wife- she invented this upcoming trip that will allow you to experience a brand new one!

Ok, ok, enough SE dialogue, lol. Lets get to it! As some of you have read in my other PTR, my wife and her mom are visiting in Feb which was a trip that took several changes and lots of waiting for an all clear from the Doctor. Giving away a Disney trip is not an easy thing to do, but they definitely need it and I will get "good husband" credit points for being so generous, hahaha! I was planning on cashing in my credit points to convince my wife to let me buy a 4 wheeler, but as she was planning their trip she asked if it would be ok if she got an AP. My response; Dilly Dilly!!! She was happy and she immediately asked if we could plan a trip in the Spring since it has been appx two yeas since we visited together. Another Dilly Dilly was in order. I was back to digitally pounding reeds flat on my computer and soon after I had trip booked!!

Who: My wife and I

ck.jpg

Where: 5 nights at BWV studio room.

The Boardwalk Resorts are are favorites (with AKL a close second). We spend a majority of our time in WS but I have a feeling that we will be in AK a lot this trip to try all the new food and booze offerings. She will get to experience it with her mom soon and that will help with planning our trip once she is more familiar.

You can also find us at Tune In Lounge early in the morning enjoying adult beverages

20151017_110729.jpg

Another favorite of ours is Crews Cup Lounge. Here is my wife reminding me that I am #1

20151018_182243.jpg

So much love!!! lol.

We have no yet started to plan any ADR's but are it looks like we have rain moving int Atlanta today which is dashing our plans of hitting the Atlanta Beer Fest taking place today. So the new plan is to find a good selection of craft brew, crank up Youtube and the MDE app make some plans this evening!

Updates coming soon. Thanks for following along everyone!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let me start by saying..... BABY AKIRA. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I. CAN'T. EVEN.

Now the proposal(s)... how freaking STRESSFUL!!! :oops: However, you did good. :p I love both proposals.. I don't even know which one I would choose if given the chance! Lol. So many things that you said reminded me of Dylan preparing for my proposal. I almost ruined it just as many times as your wife almost ruined yours. :hilarious: Good thing you guys love us. :angelic:

Just one more thing... you never posted the pictures!!! :mad: I scrolled through all 13 pages lol.
Ya, I realized awhile back i never posted them. They are still buried in a box that Im not allowed to touch. I will see if I can get C to get them out. I look forward to meeting Dylan and swapping stories of how stressful and nerve wracking planing a Disney proposal can be. And yes, I wont argue that Baby Akira wasnt the cutest.:inlove: She is still a baby to us, but will gladly sink her teeth into anybody that looks at mama the wrong way. o_O

blreinsel

Ya, I realized awhile back i never posted them. They are still buried in a box that Im not allowed to touch. I will see if I can get C to get them out. I look forward to meeting Dylan and swapping stories of how stressful and nerve wracking planing a Disney proposal can be. And yes, I wont argue that Baby Akira wasnt the cutest.:inlove: She is still a baby to us, but will gladly sink her teeth into anybody that looks at mama the wrong way. o_O

Totally understandable lol. I can't wait for our meet up! We've really been making our rounds and scoping out all the best places to drink, as you've tracked on Instagram. :cool: Baby Akira was the cutest, but adult Akira is beautiful. :inlove: Her personality shines through on your stories.. now if only we could get her, Winnie, and Tink to come along for the meet up. :joyfull:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick update...

We waitlisted an extra day and it finally opened up so now we have 6 nights at BWV! C (my wife) has been taking the reigns on this trip since she got some good trip planning experience on her last trip with her mom. She really enjoyed the planning and its fun when she asks for my help or opinion. She booked Boma for breakfast which I am excited about. If anybody has had breakfast there, I would love to hear how you liked it (or didnt). She has also been booking FP+ like mad man. I am not usually one to book FP this far out especially because we park hop a lot, but I will go along with her plans. We are debating Tepan Edo or Nine Dragons at Epcot since we have never eaten at either. We arent too excited about them but that kinda why we want try them. Maybe we will find out we like one, or both of them.

One other exciting bit of news is that we made an offer on a DVC contract!!!! We have been renting points for the last few years and we decided to just go for it! The offer was accepted and now we have to send the paperwork and wait to pass ROFR. Our first thought was to buy at OKW because point values are lower, but we ended up making an offer on a BWV contract since we enjoy being close to Epcot. We are still early in the process so send all the extra magic vibes you can spare our way!

Thanks for following along and ill update soon! Have a great day!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Congrats on the DVC purchase!!! I hope it goes through for you. If you don't mind me asking, who did you go through to purchase? I'm looking to add-on points and I think resale is the way to go.

I also have done the Boma breakfast and as @Swissmiss said, there is something for everyone. My wife is a basic breakfast person and I tend to be a little more adventurous and there was plenty for both of us.

I haven't done Nine Dragons, but have done Tepan Edo. It's your basic hibachi-style restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you. If it's just the two of you going, you will probably be seated at a table with another party or two. That can either be good or bad depending on their outlook on life. :)

Plowboy

We traditionally do Boma for breakfast our last morning at the world. For our upcoming trip we'll have to do it mid-trip as we won't have time our last morning. We absolutely love Boma for breakfast. I usually start out with a plate of the breakfast type foods, return for a trip to the carving station and finish up with a made-to-order omelet. (That usually gets me to at least Denver or Las Vegas.) I know you can get either a mimosa or bloody mary. I'll bet they have beer too!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Congrats on the DVC purchase!!! I hope it goes through for you. If you don't mind me asking, who did you go through to purchase? I'm looking to add-on points and I think resale is the way to go.

I also have done the Boma breakfast and as @Swissmiss said, there is something for everyone. My wife is a basic breakfast person and I tend to be a little more adventurous and there was plenty for both of us.

I haven't done Nine Dragons, but have done Tepan Edo. It's your basic hibachi-style restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you. If it's just the two of you going, you will probably be seated at a table with another party or two. That can either be good or bad depending on their outlook on life. :)
We originally were going to purchase an OKW contract through a friend, but our final decision was to go through DVC Resale Market. It has been a great experience so far. We put an offer in that was lower than their asking price and it was accepted. We are working with Jody who is awesome. Very friendly and prompt with responses.

bee

Sending all the magical DVC vibes your way!!! How exciting!!!

I’ve done Boma breakfast three or four times. My wife and I are vegetarians with adventurous palates and a few years ago we took her parents, who are meat eaters with not-adventurous palates. They liked it so much they requested it again on a more recent trip. Coffee and POG juice are included, and they have multiple discounts including TiW, Disney Visa, and (I think) AP. We always go around 10:45 (they stop seating at 11) and treat it like brunch.

fractal

Quick update...

We waitlisted an extra day and it finally opened up so now we have 6 nights at BWV! C (my wife) has been taking the reigns on this trip since she got some good trip planning experience on her last trip with her mom. She really enjoyed the planning and its fun when she asks for my help or opinion. She booked Boma for breakfast which I am excited about. If anybody has had breakfast there, I would love to hear how you liked it (or didnt). She has also been booking FP+ like mad man. I am not usually one to book FP this far out especially because we park hop a lot, but I will go along with her plans. We are debating Tepan Edo or Nine Dragons at Epcot since we have never eaten at either. We arent too excited about them but that kinda why we want try them. Maybe we will find out we like one, or both of them.

One other exciting bit of news is that we made an offer on a DVC contract!!!! We have been renting points for the last few years and we decided to just go for it! The offer was accepted and now we have to send the paperwork and wait to pass ROFR. Our first thought was to buy at OKW because point values are lower, but we ended up making an offer on a BWV contract since we enjoy being close to Epcot. We are still early in the process so send all the extra magic vibes you can spare our way!

Thanks for following along and ill update soon! Have a great day!

Hope you get it!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sending all the magical DVC vibes your way!!! How exciting!!!

I’ve done Boma breakfast three or four times. My wife and I are vegetarians with adventurous palates and a few years ago we took her parents, who are meat eaters with not-adventurous palates. They liked it so much they requested it again on a more recent trip. Coffee and POG juice are included, and they have multiple discounts including TiW, Disney Visa, and (I think) AP. We always go around 10:45 (they stop seating at 11) and treat it like brunch.
Thanks for the review and the tips! I am looking forward to the goat cheese eggs. If they still have them in April.
Hope you get it!
Thank you, Sir!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is the 30 day mark until we head out! C is currently at WDW with her mom and aunt so I am excited and jealous at the same time. They're doing a great job teasing me with beer pics at 10 am each day

image000000_05.jpg

Rocking their Animal Kingdom Ears!

Screenshot_20180319-090320.jpg

And she finally got some nudel graten at Epcot and her it was her mom's first time trying it. I'm pretty sure she liked it, lol

IMG_20180320_091223_01.jpg

It is her aunt's first time back to WDW in a few years and she is loving it and they are having a fun girls trip.

IMG_20180318_114645.jpg

Her aunt lives in Florida so when they visit they usually stay off site but she is staying at Copper Creek with them and this is her first time at a deluxe. They are definitely teaching her our family motto which is #DDTRW (Doing Disney The Right Way) which requires staying onsite, lots of food and most importantly, lots of booze, haha.

They have a great view from their balcony and they really like Roaring Forks at breakfast.

IMG_20180320_092438_01.jpg

And the spirit of @lostpro9het was with them yesterday when there was a slight mishap with their meal and the manger pulled a Will

Wonka and gave them a golden ticket
IMG_20180320_093132_130.jpg

I completely realize this update should be on the TR I created for their trip, but my TR's don't exactly follow the standard procedure anyway so it's no big deal. I know they were at MK last night and I think they rode the new POTC but I fell asleep early so I'll update with their review when I speak to C today. Thanks for following along and have a great day everybody.

Tony the Tigger

You can also find us at Tune In Lounge early in the morning enjoying adult beverages

SOLD!

For anybody new to one of my trip reports, let me warn you that we enjoy eating and drinking at WDW very, very, much and my reports are mostly booze pics with Disney attractions sprinkled in here and there, lol.

I was already sold, but WOO HOO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom