Help

amaley01

Original Poster
This happens every time we start to plan. :veryconfu
I do the research & we look at our options for dining. In particular, for our next trip my DD will be 10 yrs old, so the increased costs, variety and restaurants. I am still working on the actual figures a) on the plan is approximately $1,060 for 10 nights; & b) off the plan (if you have info to share it would be appreciated). He thinks we could do it for less but I won't get into that. :zipit:

Anyway, I suggested that if we are going to do 3 or more TS we should consider the DDP, if not the DQS would probably work well for us.
He keeps changing his mind. :dazzle:

Please remind me again what time frame do I have to include & pay for the dining plan before we check-in Jan 2010.

corey154

I don't have any great info for you, but we usually don't do table service so we pay out of pocket. I've never used the dining plan, although for 10 days, I think I'd do the QS plan. I think it all depends on how big eaters you are too. For example I always go with my mom, 10 dd, and myself. We always split meals and are not big eaters..so for us it's way more food than we normally need. However after reading all these post and trip reports I think next time there's free dining I'd like to try it and eat table service meals and do more of a dining trip.

CAPTAIN HOOK

With a child of 10 - DDP adult prices - you'd do better paying for each meal as you dine - there's nothing to stop you ordering from the childrens menu

captain marvel1

May i make a suggestion for food if you go to Publix order subs. we also sell chicken fully cooked and side dishes. if your room has a refrigerator and a kitchen in the room with a microwave. you can save a load on food costs for some of the days and keep costs down low. Where shopping is a pleasure. satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Nikki M

In my experience, it is less expensive to go it on your own. We usually split if it is lunch or if we are not very hungry. We eat mostly table service for lunch and dinner (go to walmart and get food for breakfast in the room most days). We order dessert occasionally, but hit the ice cream or candy shoppes most days. Counter service kids meals are a good option too.

Even if the money was the same, I would not do the dining plan. It may have changed, but we always see people eating appetizers, a meal, and a dessert at meals. If we ate all that the whole time, we would be sick walking around the hot parks and would probably bring home a few pounds!

Whatever your decision, have fun!

slappy magoo

IF your child tends to go back and forth between ordering off a kids' menu and the adults' menu, AND IF you're considering doing some Signature Dining Experiences, then you might want to do the plan. Because while every person in a room has to be on the dining plan, you can split a bill for TS meals, with one or two people using the plan, and one or two people paying out of pocket. So each time your son eats off the kids' menu, pay for him out of pocket, and you can apply those credits later towards a meal at Cali Grill or the Castle or one of the other top-tier eateries.

If you don't think you'd want to eat at one of the ritzy-for-Disney places, then you'd probably be better off without the plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom