Help with going from DSLR to Point and Shoot

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok so after quite a few yrs of lugging my Nikon D60 and all its stuff that goes with it, I'm getting rather tired !!! I've been looking at so many different reviews of different P and S cameras but I have not a clue what I will be actually happy with!! I love my D60, to me its dummy proof (which I need) the zoom is incredible, , its quick..The battery lasts so long.....But I really cant stand lugging it around anymore.. Any help would be great...I'm trying to keep it around $500. or under, Video would be a plus, also if it has a great zoom that would be great as well....I dont need an underwater option cause I have an Olympus Tough that is great for that or the beach....Would love too if it took great pics inlow light,,,,,Thanks for any feedback

ddbowdoin

Ok so after quite a few yrs of lugging my Nikon D60 and all its stuff that goes with it, I'm getting rather tired !!! I've been looking at so many different reviews of different P and S cameras but I have not a clue what I will be actually happy with!! I love my D60, to me its dummy proof (which I need) the zoom is incredible, , its quick..The battery lasts so long.....But I really cant stand lugging it around anymore.. Any help would be great...I'm trying to keep it around $500. or under, Video would be a plus, also if it has a great zoom that would be great as well....I dont need an underwater option cause I have an Olympus Tough that is great for that or the beach....Would love too if it took great pics inlow light,,,,,Thanks for any feedback

Sony RX100... really only the P/S that is small and has a CMOS sensor.

ddbowdoin

I should have elaborated more, the phone rang and I hit enter!

A higher end P/S, like the RX100 I mentioned (roughly 600 dollars), is the way to go especially if you aren't printing your work. The major difference comes down to your style and how you shoot. If you're someone who likes to shoot wide open with really shallow DOF then NO P/S will satisfy you. This effect, also called Bokeh, comes from higher end glass with really fast apertures. If you don't mind losing that ability then you'll be ok making the transition.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
The RX100 from what I've read has gooten great reviews , guess I may be seeing who has it the lowest price!!

ddbowdoin

I have the Sony RX100 and love it-- it's the perfect WDW camera...I'd post photos but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that...I have hundreds of superb examples.
You have to them hosted somewhere, I'll just upload images to Flickr then "copy image location" by right clicking on the image. Them come back to WdwMagic and select the image icon and paste the link. Voila!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I have the Sony RX100 and love it-- it's the perfect WDW camera...I'd post photos but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that...I have hundreds of superb examples.
The feedback on this camera is great, its a little more than I wanted to pay for but if I'm gonna be just as happy with it as my D60,eh its worth it!! (plus the Hubby gave me the "whatever you want" look, lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom