Help with evening swimming in September

JenniferK2

On our last trip we went from 9/18-9/26. After putting DS to bed (usually around 8pm) we would sometimes take turns going to sit by the pool etc. I remember that there were always people swimming, but that I was chilly in capri pants and short sleeve shirts. So for me, I would not have gone swimming at that time. I really can't remember what the temps felt like from around 6pm-8pm.

I am wondering if it will be feasible to go swimming during that 6-8 timeframe or if it will seem too cold to me. Not only will it be a little earlier in the day, but we are also going earlier in the month if that makes a difference - 9/4-9/12. We bumped up from a value to a mod this year and the pool looks great, so would like to get use out of it. We have an afternoon we are scheduling to stay at the resort, but I would like more time. Most days we plan to have a 5pm dinner in the parks and then leave. I thought that time after that but before bed would be a good time for swimming if the temps are not too cold. Any other chilly people (like me) find that time to swim OK? You would think being from Chicago I would handle being cold better, lol.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The pools are heated year-round. The only issue with cold is getting in and out... Have a towel and clothes close by and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

The MadHatter

i went pool hopping one night at the beachclub and even the big pool was heated. we made our way across the boardwalk resorts from beach to yacht to swan to dolphin to boardwalk and back. it was january and about 36 dgrees out but was still one of my favorite memories

Upvote 0

JenniferK2

Original Poster
I feel cold if the temp is below 75° and it was probably right around there in the evenings (maybe 9pmish). With the breeze I felt cold. I also felt the water in the pool was kind of chilly when we went during the day. I got used to it because it was hot outside, but don't think I could take it if the air temp was cooler. We stayed at All Star Movies last time and will be at Caribbean Beach Resort this time if that makes any difference. I suppose it will at least in that using the slides will mean getting in and out of the pool.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I LOVED evening swimming when we stayed end of August, Im not sure what difference 2-3 weeks would make, but getting out and feeling cool was nice considering it was incredibly hot most of the time!!

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

I feel cold if the temp is below 75° and it was probably right around there in the evenings (maybe 9pmish). With the breeze I felt cold. I also felt the water in the pool was kind of chilly when we went during the day. I got used to it because it was hot outside, but don't think I could take it if the air temp was cooler. We stayed at All Star Movies last time and will be at Caribbean Beach Resort this time if that makes any difference. I suppose it will at least in that using the slides will mean getting in and out of the pool.

Below 75!!! In eastern Canada we are below that 10 months out of the year. We will be at Disney in 10 days and swimming in the pools is high on our list of things to do.

Upvote 0

JenniferK2

Original Poster
I know that to many that doesn't seem cold at all - but it does to me. Right now our heat is set at 72° and I am here in sweats with a hoodie over it and my hands and feet are like ice. Maybe it's not normal, but that's how it is. My mom is like me and she was with us for part of the last trip and she also thought it was too cold to swim at night. If I were not this way I wouldn't be concerned about it at all, but I would hate to have our plans all in place only to not be able to use the facilites because it's too uncomfortable to me. I don't find being cold refreshing. And my mom (the one like me) might come with for part of this trip as well - so it won't just be me.

I am really hoping that time of day will work OK for us, I'm just worried it won't. If need be I can make our dinner ADR's lunch ones instead and maybe leave the parks a little earlier. But that would not be optimal.

I did check and that time of year sunset is around 7:30. So maybe I would be good until then....

And other coldbloods like me with advice? I'm just trying to get our ADR choices in place!

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Go to Wunderground.com and to trip planner and enter zip 32830. Then enter your dates of travel. It will bring up the historical data for weather. Go to each date and double click and it will give you hourly temps. Maybe that will help you. It goes back several years. Early Sept. is still very hot.

Upvote 0

JenniferK2

Original Poster
Missingdisney - thank you so much, that was very helpful. I tried to do a search for something like that and only could find average daily historical temps, not hourly ones.

This made me feel better about it. It might still be a little chilly for me some nights, but for the most part I should be good at those times.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

As was said, the pools are heated. Unless it is REALLY cold out, they are quite warm. In fact in the summer, they can be too warm. Last year my kids and I got into AKL. We were hot and sweaty, so we changed and jumped into the pool. It was like swimming in soup. My oldest said it was very stange because she swore she was sweating while swimming. It really was not refreshing at all.

As a semi-related topic. Anybody want to sponsor me to help raise money for the Special Olympics. Polar Bear plunge Feb 27 in Atlantic City NJ. - The ocean is heated, right? :)

-dave

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
On our last trip we went from 9/18-9/26. After putting DS to bed (usually around 8pm) we would sometimes take turns going to sit by the pool etc. I remember that there were always people swimming, but that I was chilly in capri pants and short sleeve shirts. So for me, I would not have gone swimming at that time. I really can't remember what the temps felt like from around 6pm-8pm.

I am wondering if it will be feasible to go swimming during that 6-8 timeframe or if it will seem too cold to me. Not only will it be a little earlier in the day, but we are also going earlier in the month if that makes a difference - 9/4-9/12. We bumped up from a value to a mod this year and the pool looks great, so would like to get use out of it. We have an afternoon we are scheduling to stay at the resort, but I would like more time. Most days we plan to have a 5pm dinner in the parks and then leave. I thought that time after that but before bed would be a good time for swimming if the temps are not too cold. Any other chilly people (like me) find that time to swim OK? You would think being from Chicago I would handle being cold better, lol.

First off we all know you left your son in the room while you BOTH went swimming. Its okay...no need to lie. Hahahaha just kidding.

Second we swim till or at 2am in Sept/Oct so I think you should be fine. This Sept we were there and it was VERY hot. More so than anytime Ive even been to Disney World.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Below 75!!! In eastern Canada we are below that 10 months out of the year. We will be at Disney in 10 days and swimming in the pools is high on our list of things to do.

:ROFLOL:Heck, even our summer last year struggled to get much past 75 most of the time! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

juscet

The pools are heated so matter what the temperature is outside, the pool will feel great. Just be ready with a big towel and warm clothes because once you get out it will feel pretty cold.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom