Help us name our house!

DisneyMarg said:
I like Bellerose, but how are you pronouncing it: Bell-er-rose or Bell-rose?
If it's the latter, you might do well to spell it Bellrose to prevent confusion later on. I know that Belle has an E on the end, but I'm just thinking that you'll end up saying "Our address is Bellerose.... with an E.... no, B-E-L-L-E-R-O-S-E" all the time. Or, "You've spelled it correctly but it's pronounced Bell-Rose....The E is silent....Yeah, like you don't really pronounce it....Bell-rose".

In all the years I lived in Bellerose, we never had any problems with mispronunciation.

RPMdfw

Speedbird said:
I'd love 'Kungaloosh!' but that's a non runner too...

Is that because Pippa's house is named Kungaloosh?

I'm suprised she hasn't weighed in on this discussion.

If you can't use Kungaloosh but want to tie into the Adventure's Club, why not "Balderdash House"? or "Yakoose" ? Or "Merriweather" (Meerriweather Adam Pleasure founded the Adventures Club on his Island back in the 30's or so the legend goes.)

Pippa

Speedbird said:
I'd love 'Kungaloosh!' but that's a non runner too...

Of course its a non runner because my house is called "Kungaloosh!"

It sure gets the pizza delivery guys asking!!!!

Pippa

RPMdfw said:
Is that because Pippa's house is named Kungaloosh?

I'm suprised she hasn't weighed in on this discussion.

If you can't use Kungaloosh but want to tie into the Adventure's Club, why not "Balderdash House"? or "Yakoose" ? Or "Merriweather" (Meerriweather Adam Pleasure founded the Adventures Club on his Island back in the 30's or so the legend goes.)

Well remembered RPMdfw!!!!!

English Belle

Thanks all, we really appreciate your help and all the sugestions are fantastic.

I love Bellerose (can't think why . . . ) and Speedbird was pitching for Hyperion but then we got a phone call early this morning from some very dear friends to say that their first child (and our first goddaughter) had arrived 4 weeks early! Mother & daughter are fine and the baby has been named Maddison, so in her honour we've decided to call our house Maddison View. Not Disney, but we hope you agree a good name for a good reason just the same.

Now excuse me but I must dash to the nearest Disney Store - I've got some serious baby shopping to do!

bgraham34

Well I guess that is ok. Some people might be angry but its a good reason. Unless you created this story and its all lies. But Madison is a nice name.

Speedbird

Original Poster
bgraham34 said:
Unless you created this story and its all lies.

Excuse me?? Why on earth would you think I'd be worried about upseting other people over my decision. Thank you for souring a good thing.

Thanks to Blackersby17, very sweet of you.

Nemo14

English Belle said:
Thanks all, we really appreciate your help and all the sugestions are fantastic.

I love Bellerose (can't think why . . . ) and Speedbird was pitching for Hyperion but then we got a phone call early this morning from some very dear friends to say that their first child (and our first goddaughter) had arrived 4 weeks early! Mother & daughter are fine and the baby has been named Maddison, so in her honour we've decided to call our house Maddison View. Not Disney, but we hope you agree a good name for a good reason just the same.

Now excuse me but I must dash to the nearest Disney Store - I've got some serious baby shopping to do!
Sounds like a great choice!

Ducky_Love

English Belle said:
..in her honour we've decided to call our house Maddison View. Not Disney, but we hope you agree a good name for a good reason just the same.

Well.. the mermaid in Splash was named Maddison.. and the Splash fountain is in MGM.

Obscure but true! :D

bgraham34

Speedbird said:
Excuse me?? Why on earth would you think I'd be worried about upseting other people over my decision. Thank you for souring a good thing.

Thanks to Blackersby17, very sweet of you.

Its called joke aka humor...... Maybe i should make it a little dryer next time.

DOH

Speedbird

Original Poster
Ducky_Love said:
Well.. the mermaid in Splash was named Maddison.. and the Splash fountain is in MGM.

Obscure but true! :D

We did not know that! Thank you for enlightening us. We got an obscure Disney reference without trying. We will, however have the house sign made up in the Walt Disney font just to make it a bit more special. We're looking forward to taking her on her first trip to WDW in the not too distant future.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom