Pre-Trip Help... They're Making Me Go...

Hi Everyone! Remember us?

IMG_5686.JPG

Let me refresh your memories... I'm the one who tends to not finish her TR's. :rolleyes:

Well. in my defense, the last 3 or so years has been hectic and has had it's share of drama.. parent drama, work drama, homeschool drama, sibling drama, oh, and a global pandemic thrown in because... why not?

However...

IMG_4442 4.jpg

Yep... it seems like it's a go.

Anyone want to plan along with us? Hope so - because I miss all my friends here terribly!

Rista1313

View attachment 736545

So.... I called JetBlue today to add our KTNs to our tickets and while on hold, I noticed on the website that our seat selection for our outgoing flight had been deleted!! WHAT???

Our original flight had been canceled and changed 2X already - but the seat selection remained until now?!?! I questioned the agent who told me basically it was my fault. Then he wanted to charge me an additional $67 per seat for the same seat type we had booked originally for free. ummmm..... no.

He transferred me to another person who was specifically for Mosaic members- which we are thanks to Ross' box truck which broke down last year and has basically been completely rebuilt with his Jet Blue card. :banghead: Thankfully, that agent was awesome and she apologized and gave us the same type seat just a couple of rows back. She also admitted it was not my fault - it was apparently a glitch in their system.

Crisis averted. I can't even imagine getting to the airport the morning of our flight and being told we didn't have seats together or seats at all!!
So sorry for the unnecessary stress!

lindawdw

Just found your Pre-TR and agree with you on so many levels regarding Disney but we continue to return often being we’re DVC members. It doesn’t have the same feel planning our Disney trips but I still feel excited as the weeks lead up to a trip and can’t wait to walk down Main Street USA! We fly out of Newark NJ too and are so happy we have the Pre-TSA because the security lines can be a nightmare both in Newark and MCO and it just takes much of the stress away from the whole airport scene. I have only done Genie+ twice since they started it and agree with others that if you’re going to purchase it then MK and DHS are the parks to buy it for. If you do EE then you can get the good attractions done pretty quickly in the AM. Looking forward to hearing your dining reservation choices and how easy it was to get the ones you wanted.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_8758.jpg

Getting closer!!!

Hope started our old countdown chart.

IMG_8759.jpg

I should back track a bit...

At our 30 day mark, I did the video chat to get the DAS pass for Hope. I waited probably 20 minutes before speaking to a CM. There was no problem and Hope was excited to get her picture taken through the computer. lol Then the CM transferred me to a chat in order to get our pre-selects for the first seven days of our trip. I made about 5 days worth and then the chat ended. I realized it was 10PM so I think the CM just "quit" for the day. I still have to start another chat to finish, but I just haven't had the time.

Julia made her own My Disney Experience account so she could handle her and Nick's activities if we choose to split up. I found her an ADR for the new restaurant in EPCOT - so now she has to decide if she would rather eat there instead of Morimoto. I know she was eying that $300 sushi boat. 🤣

I also started to pack. Well, at least I sorted through our Disney shirts (mainly for me and Hope). I bought Hope a few Disney shirts since she has managed to grow a bit since our last adventure. (I may have bought a new shirt or two for me as well.) Julia is on her own, except I did buy her (and Nick) a few new shirts. It's strange not to help her pack - I have control issues. lol Ross NEVER lets me pack for him, but since we may be sharing a suitcase, I may not give him that option this time.

I also started gathering up our toiletries and snacks to bring. I have an Instacart order for Publix ready to submit on our travel day. I figure I'll submit it right before our plane departs. ( I have an Instacart account because I shop for my folks who live almost 3 hours away from me. So I may as well get more usage out of it.) I'm ordering water, apple juice, chocolate milk, OJ, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, bananas, oranges, & apples. Am I missing anything?

Ok, so what else do I need to do???? Let's see... I need ponchos, Earplanes for Julia, And I think we may need headphones for the plane since I doubt we can use our AirPods.

It's coming so quickly now!!! I don't feel ready at all!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Just found your Pre-TR and agree with you on so many levels regarding Disney but we continue to return often being we’re DVC members. It doesn’t have the same feel planning our Disney trips but I still feel excited as the weeks lead up to a trip and can’t wait to walk down Main Street USA! We fly out of Newark NJ too and are so happy we have the Pre-TSA because the security lines can be a nightmare both in Newark and MCO and it just takes much of the stress away from the whole airport scene. I have only done Genie+ twice since they started it and agree with others that if you’re going to purchase it then MK and DHS are the parks to buy it for. If you do EE then you can get the good attractions done pretty quickly in the AM. Looking forward to hearing your dining reservation choices and how easy it was to get the ones you wanted.
Thank you!!!

We didn't do too many ADR's... We have Homecoming, Garden Grill, Ohanna, and Morimoto for Julia and Nick. We may do Crystal Palace for breakfast one day - but I'm not sure. We made them 60 days out and had no problem getting the times we wanted. The restaurant with the most limited availability was Homecoming for brunch. I did make one other ADR - but I'm keeping it quiet because I wanted to surprise Hope, and she read my reports! lol

Thanks for the input about TSA-Pre I'm hoping it goes smoothly for us too!

Still debating Gene+, but Ross is a solid NO. I can understand why too, so we will have to see.

ToInfinity

So excited your trip is coming soon! Speaking of Genie+ and DAS, I have been with somebody who uses DAS and on that trip we also bought Genie+ because it was newer then and we wanted to try it. From our experience, with already having DAS for our party, while we did use Genie+ since we bought it and felt obligated, we did not actually NEED it to do everything we wanted to do and if we had to do it again, we wouldn’t have purchased it. Just thought I’d share!

dizfan917

We did the FANTASMIC Dining Package one evening at 50's Prime Time Cafe in HS cuz we hadn't seen Fantasmic in eons. It seemed to be about $7 ish dollars more than the meal I would have chosen, and I gotta say that it was really nice to just stroll in and be able to sit in centralized reserved seating and not have to sit for 2 hours or way over on the side. In case you were considering that option. :geek: 🚢🔥

youngdeb

We travelled recently with someone who had DAS and also purchased Genie+ a couple of the days, but it was not at all necessary. The return times were pretty decent with DAS through the app and it was a bit much managing both. The cost really adds up as well and if it's not providing a huge benefit then I wouldn't hesitate to skip it.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So excited your trip is coming soon! Speaking of Genie+ and DAS, I have been with somebody who uses DAS and on that trip we also bought Genie+ because it was newer then and we wanted to try it. From our experience, with already having DAS for our party, while we did use Genie+ since we bought it and felt obligated, we did not actually NEED it to do everything we wanted to do and if we had to do it again, we wouldn’t have purchased it. Just thought I’d share!
Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. I think I'm leaning more toward not getting it - at least not for the first park days. As the trip goes on, if I feel like if would benifit Hope and all of us, then I would do it.

Hi, if I have checked correctly you arrive at WDW on the 12th September the same day as we arrive. We will keep an eye out for you if that’s ok and say Hi if we see you.
Oh YES!!! Please say hi to us!!! Where are you staying? We are at POP.

We did the FANTASMIC Dining Package one evening at 50's Prime Time Cafe in HS cuz we hadn't seen Fantasmic in eons. It seemed to be about $7 ish dollars more than the meal I would have chosen, and I gotta say that it was really nice to just stroll in and be able to sit in centralized reserved seating and not have to sit for 2 hours or way over on the side. In case you were considering that option. :geek: 🚢🔥

I debated this one... But in the end, it didn't make the cut. There are a few quick service places we want to try (think Ronto Wraps) and I was afraid if we had a bid table service meal, we wouldn't be able to try the other places.

We travelled recently with someone who had DAS and also purchased Genie+ a couple of the days, but it was not at all necessary. The return times were pretty decent with DAS through the app and it was a bit much managing both. The cost really adds up as well and if it's not providing a huge benefit then I wouldn't hesitate to skip it.

Thank you for the insight! Good to know!! Yes - we are leaning against it. I would be so upset if we spent all that money and ddin't end up really using it. At least we can always add it on if we decide later in the trip. Thanks for reading along!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. I think I'm leaning more toward not getting it - at least not for the first park days. As the trip goes on, if I feel like if would benifit Hope and all of us, then I would do it.

I debated this one... But in the end, it didn't make the cut. There are a few quick service places we want to try (think Ronto Wraps) and I was afraid if we had a bid table service meal, we wouldn't be able to try the other places.

Thank you for the insight! Good to know!! Yes - we are leaning against it. I would be so upset if we spent all that money and ddin't end up really using it. At least we can always add it on if we decide later in the trip. Thanks for reading along!
We are staying at POFQ for the first time. 15 years ago we stayed at WDW for the first time and that was at POP and we loved it.

rshell68

Hi, if I have checked correctly you arrive at WDW on the 12th September the same day as we arrive. We will keep an eye out for you if that’s ok and say Hi if we see you.
Ugh, just missing both of you. We just booked a super quick trip for my b-day from 10th to 12th at FQ.

Songbird76

Thank you!!!

We didn't do too many ADR's... We have Homecoming, Garden Grill, Ohanna, and Morimoto for Julia and Nick. We may do Crystal Palace for breakfast one day - but I'm not sure. We made them 60 days out and had no problem getting the times we wanted. The restaurant with the most limited availability was Homecoming for brunch. I did make one other ADR - but I'm keeping it quiet because I wanted to surprise Hope, and she read my reports! lol

Thanks for the input about TSA-Pre I'm hoping it goes smoothly for us too!

Still debating Gene+, but Ross is a solid NO. I can understand why too, so we will have to see.
I can tell you Genie+ was an absolute waste for us and we only got it for the one day at HS...never again. But that's just us because we aren't star wars fans, and we don't do most of the thrill rides. If you know you are going to want to do a lot of the popular rides, it might be worth it for you, but it definitely was not worth it for us, and we found rope dropping to be a better strategy for us. That being said, we did have some bad luck with rides we wanted to do early being down first thing in the morning, so we didn't get to do them and by the time they were back up, the wait times were INSANE. Are you fireworks fans? We were able to do Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise with a short wait time by going during the fireworks, but if you want to see the fireworks, that won't work for you.

Debbie Dykeman

View attachment 738414

Getting closer!!!

Hope started our old countdown chart.

View attachment 738415

I should back track a bit...

At our 30 day mark, I did the video chat to get the DAS pass for Hope. I waited probably 20 minutes before speaking to a CM. There was no problem and Hope was excited to get her picture taken through the computer. lol Then the CM transferred me to a chat in order to get our pre-selects for the first seven days of our trip. I made about 5 days worth and then the chat ended. I realized it was 10PM so I think the CM just "quit" for the day. I still have to start another chat to finish, but I just haven't had the time.

Julia made her own My Disney Experience account so she could handle her and Nick's activities if we choose to split up. I found her an ADR for the new restaurant in EPCOT - so now she has to decide if she would rather eat there instead of Morimoto. I know she was eying that $300 sushi boat. 🤣

I also started to pack. Well, at least I sorted through our Disney shirts (mainly for me and Hope). I bought Hope a few Disney shirts since she has managed to grow a bit since our last adventure. (I may have bought a new shirt or two for me as well.) Julia is on her own, except I did buy her (and Nick) a few new shirts. It's strange not to help her pack - I have control issues. lol Ross NEVER lets me pack for him, but since we may be sharing a suitcase, I may not give him that option this time.

I also started gathering up our toiletries and snacks to bring. I have an Instacart order for Publix ready to submit on our travel day. I figure I'll submit it right before our plane departs. ( I have an Instacart account because I shop for my folks who live almost 3 hours away from me. So I may as well get more usage out of it.) I'm ordering water, apple juice, chocolate milk, OJ, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, bananas, oranges, & apples. Am I missing anything?

Ok, so what else do I need to do???? Let's see... I need ponchos, Earplanes for Julia, And I think we may need headphones for the plane since I doubt we can use our AirPods.

It's coming so quickly now!!! I don't feel ready at all!!
you can get an adaptor that allows you to use AirPods on the plane. they are called Twelve South AirFly Duo! they work amazingly. the Duo will connect 2 AirPods.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I can tell you Genie+ was an absolute waste for us and we only got it for the one day at HS...never again. But that's just us because we aren't star wars fans, and we don't do most of the thrill rides. If you know you are going to want to do a lot of the popular rides, it might be worth it for you, but it definitely was not worth it for us, and we found rope dropping to be a better strategy for us. That being said, we did have some bad luck with rides we wanted to do early being down first thing in the morning, so we didn't get to do them and by the time they were back up, the wait times were INSANE. Are you fireworks fans? We were able to do Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise with a short wait time by going during the fireworks, but if you want to see the fireworks, that won't work for you.

I enjoyed reading your live TR!! Thank you for the insight. I am leaning against getting it, but I will play it by ear when we are there. Hopefully, we do not need it. Thanks!!!

you can get an adaptor that allows you to use AirPods on the plane. they are called Twelve South AirFly Duo! they work amazingly. the Duo will connect 2 AirPods.

Oh wow - I will have to look into these. Thanks so much!!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_8856.jpg

We are are getting so close!!! These came in the mail today...

IMG_8872 2.JPG

Hope is now reading and figuring them out, so she can educate me! lol

I feel so unprepared! I am working on packing. We are each allowed a checked bag - actually we are allowed up to 2 each, but I only want to have 1 each. We can also take a carry-on bag and a personal item on the plane. My ultimate goal is that we will each have 1 suitcase to roll and then Hope and I will each have a backpack on the plane and Ross will have a duffel bag for the plane. I really don't want us to have to juggle any more luggage than that. Oh Magical Express how I miss thee!!!

Will it work out? I'm not sure... I am 90% packed and my bags are stuffed! And that's without some of Ross' clothes because he is insisting he doesn't have to pack until we get closer.

Julia and the boy are on their own! I gave them 2 suitcases and told them the rules. Plus all this has to fit in the trunk of my car!

Spash007

View attachment 739881

We are are getting so close!!! These came in the mail today...

View attachment 739880

Hope is now reading and figuring them out, so she can educate me! lol

I feel so unprepared! I am working on packing. We are each allowed a checked bag - actually we are allowed up to 2 each, but I only want to have 1 each. We can also take a carry-on bag and a personal item on the plane. My ultimate goal is that we will each have 1 suitcase to roll and then Hope and I will each have a backpack on the plane and Ross will have a duffel bag for the plane. I really don't want us to have to juggle any more luggage than that. Oh Magical Express how I miss thee!!!

Will it work out? I'm not sure... I am 90% packed and my bags are stuffed! And that's without some of Ross' clothes because he is insisting he doesn't have to pack until we get closer.

Julia and the boy are on their own! I gave them 2 suitcases and told them the rules. Plus all this has to fit in the trunk of my car!
It’s funny, the nerves of the anticipation I find to be so much worse than when it happens. In the moment, you’ll be so “go go go” that you’ll soon be in your room and unpacking!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
It’s funny, the nerves of the anticipation I find to be so much worse than when it happens. In the moment, you’ll be so “go go go” that you’ll soon be in your room and unpacking!

So true!!! I usually LOVE the anticipation days, but there has been so much drama in my life lately, I'm more worried about what could go wrong... :(

Spash007

So true!!! I usually LOVE the anticipation days, but there has been so much drama in my life lately, I'm more worried about what could go wrong... :(
This is my daily life - what I’ve found to work is trying to picture myself in the day off. When you get stressed, just think - you will end up in your hotel room, together (just don’t Home Alone anyone!). If you forget anything, the gift shop, or Walmart, will sell it. Those few hours in the scheme of things will be stressful, but in the end, not be a big part of your journey!

And I say this as someone who had (and sometimes still has!) massive anxiety about traveling

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom